chillwave, glo-fi, lo-fi, gorillavsbearcore, hipsterwave, pitchforkcore etc

Macwich

word. thats cool im not much for rap but hes aight.

beach house/washed out tour!

http://pitchfork.com/news/37546-beach-house-and-washed-out-tour/

and toro y moi/ruby suns tour!

don't know if anyone likes the bands their touring with but whatever good for them.

CANT WAIT! They'll be here in Dallas, the 21st of April. Already bought tickets.

BTW, anyone have a download link for the new Beach House album?

I like Beach House as well, but I don't put them in the Chillwave genre either.

Anyway, Toro Y Moi and Beach House are playing at the Sundance Film Festival on the 24th, which isn't far from me. Too bad I can't find the actual venue location yet...

recently read this article that goes in-depth on the use of visual imagery in this genre's 'advertising'

http://thequietus.com/articles/03406-a-look-back-at-the-00s-glo-fi-and-the-sadness-of-the-advertised-man

I feel like it is correct in assuming that fans of the genre demand the

look in addition to the sound. Washed Out has this strategy on lock, as the article says.

washed+out.jpgwashed-out-high-times-art.jpgWashed-Out-Life-of-Leisure.jpg176t.jpg

to be perfectly honest, i associate all of these images to what i hear when i hear Washed Out, and it makes the experience better

^ saw that on gvb and kept meaning to go back and listen to it. i don't know about washed up, but i do enjoy this track. nothing i've heard lately hits the spot like "bicycle" or "talamak" the first time i heard them, though.

this dude kind of sounds like toro meets boards of canada or four tet:

RtSCfS1zXBI

i couldnt agree more about the imagery that associated with this genre. when listening to washed out i picture fuzzy summer days just like the album covers depict.

Pretty much the same thought here. Cant help while listening I wish my whole world was seen in color that only aged film could produce.

A2b, that Lone song is pretty awesome. Where'd you catch that?

I KNEW IT WAS YOU!

i creeped on your facebook when you first added me, that's how i recognized you. i gave you a shout-out on my wall, but mostly because all my friends who are into toro will give me mad real-life rep 4 it. haha

sufu's chillwave thread has been taken to the next level, bros