chillwave, glo-fi, lo-fi, gorillavsbearcore, hipsterwave, pitchforkcore etc

Macwich

gary war is wild, damn.

does toro y moi's track "you hid" sample aphex twin - windowlicker? it's subtle as hell, had to rewind a few times. the breathe "uhhhhhh".

Damn it's really good, can't say it's the best i've heard from 2010 though, lindstrom's new album with christabelle is fantastic.

realllly feeling this release. think it was on waffles you said it sounded like MJ... i definitely agree, especially on Keep It Up.

^ i agree. there's also different versions of talamak. which version do you like better? i think i kind of like the ep version better. its close though.

def the ep version. i also prefer the ep version of blessa, too.

anyway.. toro's new album is solid. Thanks vision (track 6) has some of the dopest side-chaining i've ever heard. im very impressed with his synthesizing, too. dudes talented

def the ep version. i also prefer the ep version of blessa, too.

anyway.. toro's new album is solid. Thanks vision (track 6) has some of the dopest side-chaining i've ever heard. im very impressed with his synthesizing, too. dudes talented

Yuupp, just got the new Toro album too. Listened, and enjoyed the whole thing last night.

nuttin like a bowl & sum toro.

"thanks vision" is my favorite currently.

zola jesus of madison is someone to watch. she's been around for a bit, but fits pretty close to what chillwave/glo-fi/bro-fi/dreambeat/hypnagogic pop is going for.

i like the concept behind what chillwave is suppose to be more than most of the music itself. what do you guys think the future of this "genre" holds? is it a fad or will it continue to progress & establish itself as a legitimate term?

i, personally, have a really hard time taking any of the titles seriously. and while genres have little to do with what i listen to, it's interesting to watch this, the first truly interesting american "genre" to emerge in a long time.

i almost agree. memory tapes dude has staying power, i'd definitely argue that much.

but yeah, summer oh nine was all about this sound for me, at least. it's actually difficult to listen to a majority of this stuff now that the weather is getting colder.

if you need something to transition from summer-wave dream beats 09 into f/w cold hibernation, former ghosts makes a lot of sense right now, ESPECIALLY if you're already into zola jesus.

du, saw former ghost about a month ago. great show, although zola wasn't there. i can't wait for their next album to drop, it's gonna have "new orleans" on it, which they've been performing live. great growth there.

i kinda see crystal castles as a darker, more winter-friendly version of this chillwave business.

passion pit... no thank you.

i thought Zola Jesus was always touted as being the biggest figure in the whole crimsonwave/lo-fi goth movement, never heard of her referred to as chillwave/glo-fi before although both genres started emerging around the same time and almost in the same manner