chillwave, glo-fi, lo-fi, gorillavsbearcore, hipsterwave, pitchforkcore etc

Macwich

Thats crazy Chip! was it a performance in a house? Or like club, because I cant see.. BTW, PM me your facebook.

a2b, yeah I love this thread, pretty much the only reason why I visit this site. I wish I was able to provide more, but you guys seem to beat me to the chase.

I like Beach House as well, but I don't put them in the Chillwave genre either.

Anyway, Toro Y Moi and Beach House are playing at the Sundance Film Festival on the 24th, which isn't far from me. Too bad I can't find the actual venue location yet...

Update - Got the location and a ticket so I'm gonna check it out on Sunday. I'm super excited. Any new Toro stuff that you guys have heard?

^ nah b, chill out

I'm chill homie, that's why I'm in this thread... Sorry, horrible pun...

^ the album got pushed up to february 2nd for vinyl release and its already out for digital download if you don't have it yet.

and beach house is going to be epic.

I hope so. The venue is really small, probably like 150, maybe 200 people max, so it should be perfect for them.

^ nice. i saw them in october with grizzly bear and they played their new stuff and it was so good. they were a lot better than the first time i saw them. they should kill it.

washed out on the other hand might suck cause he hasnt played that many live shows and hes still getting his shit together.

^thanks

I wanted to make a record that was very dynamic, tracks that seemed like they had a sort of architecture to them. I also wanted it to not work as a specific type of album: it could be a “dance around your room” thing or a “fall-asleep with headphones” thing, but not completely either.

I think he has achieved both of these things with Seek Magic. The songs all follow mostly the same structure (without being repetitive), and they all contain very mellow and dreamy parts as well as high-energy points that I guess you could dance to.

yea I saw that it's technically out, but I can't find downloads of it anywhere and Amazon doesn't have it on sale until the 26th :(

edit: oh shit but amazon does have 30 second previews up for the whole album... sounds amazzzinnggg

http://www.amazon.com/Be-So-True-Ep/dp/B0034I4CCW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1264371792&sr=8-1

it's a CASSETTE, du. and i guess i have to wait till it comes, boo

i'll probs upload the tracks to mediafire 4 u cats once i get it.

not sure why cassettes are the norm for this genre. they all seem to be releasin their shit on them exclusively

might have to break out the ol' fisher price ghetto blaster soon