chillwave, glo-fi, lo-fi, gorillavsbearcore, hipsterwave, pitchforkcore etc

Macwich

does neon indian put on a good live show?

got offered free tickets for their show tonight but not sure if its my steelo

might just go for the hipster bitches

thoughts?

Go! I saw them this fall and really enjoyed the show. I saw them in a really small venue (basically a garage) and thought that the small size definitely added to the atmosphere in good way. Even if the show sucks, the hipster girls and the girl in Neon Indian make the eye candy factor worthwhile.

Go! I saw them this fall and really enjoyed the show. I saw them in a really small venue (basically a garage) and thought that the small size definitely added to the atmosphere in good way. Even if the show sucks, the hipster girls and the girl in Neon Indian make the eye candy factor worthwhile.

word, yeah definitely going now.

started listening to more and found this gem...shits dope!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_6uLlLqCrY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_6uLlLqCrY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Toro Y Moi is fucking awesome live, everyone should go see him. To me he fits in more with Flying Lotus than he does with chillwave dudes. He loops and manipulates all his shit live with laptop + mixers. From what I've seen Neon Indian/Washed Out/Memory Tapes all just sing with a backing band.

Speaking of Toro y Moi. Finally got to see him at a private show in Austin. He ended up doing a solo set, only guitar and amp. Chaz was actually an awesome guy. Bought the 7in Blessa from him and got him to sign it. Ill have pics up later tonight after Ive edited them.

Edit, 1 picture from my Phone:

4448670202_f5ca9ca4e9_b.jpg

Also saw Light Pollution, they were pretty damn awesome as well.

all of chaz's equipment got stolen while he was in brooklyn after playing a show on friday. his computer with all his files and shit on it got stolen too. so, they had to cancel the next couple of shows( all the ones in canada) cause his passport was stolen as well. so, i wander if this will set back his next album release? i think he next shows are the caribou tour though. so, you'll still get to see him but that shit sucks. some professional thieves broke the locks on the van and what not. they knew what they were doing. bummer.