chillwave, glo-fi, lo-fi, gorillavsbearcore, hipsterwave, pitchforkcore etc

Macwich

If anyone has the new Crystal Castles or Radio Dept, please share. Thanks in advance.

as much as i enjoy getting rep for posting links to albums, you can find both those records by simply going to google and typing "crystal castles mediafire" or "radio dept megaupload," etc

Anybody check out the new Future Islands LP - In Evening Air? Upon first listen, it seemed a little gimmicky to me. But, their new wave/synth pop sound has definitely grown on me since the 1st listen. It keeps reminding me of a summer road trip down a road that never ends...

DOWNLOAD LINK REMOVED

as much as i enjoy getting rep for posting links to albums, you can find both those records by simply going to google and typing "crystal castles mediafire" or "radio dept megaupload," etc

Fine. Then u dont get my awesomely powerful 43 rep jawns. ...lol you're right though. Just got em both. Thanks.

^nice. you luck bastard. i wish i got to see him with caribou.

in the spirit of summer I highly recommend this mix that GvsB posted last summer.It's fucking epic. download it dudesss.

http://gorillavsbear.blogspot.com/2009/08/weird-summer.html

Here's the tracklist:

Takeshi Terauchi & Bunnys: Mamurogawa Ondo

The Books: You'll Never Be Alone

Os Mutantes: Tempo No Tempo

Lind & The Linders: Gin No Kusari

Richard Swift: The Bully

Anne Phillipe: Onmatou Jours Dit

Atlas Sound feat. Noah Lennox: Walkabout

Richard Swift: The Bully

Jack & The Rippers: Cathy's Clown

Foreign Born: Early Warnings

Orange Juice: Falling and Laughing

The Nigerian Rhythm Group: The Wind In A Frolic // Giles, Giles & Fripp: Just George, Parts 1-3

Akron/Family: Ed Is A Portal

Elijah & The Ebonites: Hot Grits!!!

Love: Wonder People (I Do Wonder) (Outtake)

Otis Redding: Let Me Come On Home

Tandemoro: Medicine for Melancholy (Outtake)

Otis Redding: Stay in School (excerpt)

The Kinks: Picture Book

Jan Jelinek/G.E.S.: Laokoon Orinoco (excerpt)

Magnetic Zeros: Home

The Love Language: Providence

Javelin: Tell Me, What Will It Be

Little Joy: No One's Better Sake

Dara Puspita: Tanah Airku

King Khan & The Shrines: Que Lindo Sueño

The Michaels: Beach Sleeper (Outtake)

Best Coast: Something In The Way You Say My Name

Nancy Sinatra: Tonight You Belong to Me

The Love Language: Lalita

Fiery Furnaces: Benton Harbor Blues

Jan Jelinek/G.E.S.: Laokoon Orinoco (Excerpt)

The Equals: No Love Could Be Sweeter

Hey friends. I went to the Toronto stop of the Caribou/Toro Y Moi show. Toro Y Moi were a little out of their depth in a 1300 person capacity venue, but they still held it down okay.

Caribou, on the other hand, put on one of the best shows of my life. So fun.

Awesome, I'm gonna be seeing them in DC and the venue isn't too big I hear...

What a good fucking way to end the school year.

If you guys like Future Islands you might like Moss of Aura, it is essentially (and literally) Future Islands without vocals:

9_7W0RWPxdk

Anybody check out the new Future Islands LP - In Evening Air? Upon first listen, it seemed a little gimmicky to me. But, their new wave/synth pop sound has definitely grown on me since the 1st listen. It keeps reminding me of a summer road trip down a road that never ends...

DOWNLOAD LINK REMOVED

Awesome listen.

nah, he showed a couple of my friends the album and they said that is was more piano driven then any of his previous stuff BUT he showed them it before his shit got jacked in brooklyn so, hopefully he still has the files.

Soo.. I just got back from Austin,TX this morning at 5am, I live in Dallas which is 3.5 hrs away. The drive was definitely worth it, to go see Caribou and Toro y Moi.

Toro y Moi was absolutley awesome, totally worth it to see him with a 3-man band setup. It sounded much more closely to the album, but even better. When Chaz played "Minors," that bass line hit and everyone just broke out. It was great.

Caribou took forever to setup, but they came in with a bang. Starting with drum solos and following synthz, I was mezmorized by sound. They started the song line-up with "Leave House".. damn amazing. Filling in with instrumental solos, they eventually played Odessa, fuck, amazing again.

Anyways, great time and good music.