What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

straggler post...work sucks this week and next. not having an opportunity to get out and shoot is kicking my ass. next weekend is a shoot weekend, be back then with the goods...

dug this one out. was on my wife's camera. packing, leaving japan.

4332217210_a53010df11_o.jpg

REALLY want to be doing this. but can't considering it rained this morning, then started snowing again. great. hate this time of year.

4332221512_8b084dde52_o.jpg

and...........

this is what i actually did tonight after work...made some home made rolls tonight. the wife has taught me well

4332215676_0cf45c86f4_o.jpg

and perhaps drank to much of this, my favorite cheap california cab.

4332227024_c230094ba2_o.jpg

night all

haven't had it since in was in japan a few weeks ago, so yea. figured i'd make some sushi for dinner. just veggie rolls

Xpost from Stronghold WT thread:

I decided to blow off work today to take care of some more important things.

s29t.jpg

Like soaking the new MFSC shirt!

s30x.jpg

My lecture on the importance of soaking unsanforized chambray obviously made an impression.

s31.jpg

Break time. I kicked the girls' butts in Clue Jr.

s35.jpg

Drying time.

s32.jpg

Random denim macro

s34g.jpg

Post soak fit pic.

s33ko.jpg

Last day off before two 12 hour days!

Today we decided to take a long walk with the dog and do a little sight seeing in our own town.

We live close to "down town" and the capitol

so we started out of the house and headed towards down town.

IMGP0005-2.jpg

One of the state buildings (and the tallest in the area)

IMGP0012-2.jpg

It was a beautiful day and the Sangre de Cristo mountains look majestic over our little city.

IMGP0009-2.jpg

The Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi

IMGP0015-2.jpg

Me and Sam outside the Cathedral

IMGP0018-3.jpg

IMGP0019.jpg

Santa Fe is a town focused on luxury vacations and artwork. This is one of the largest art markets in the world.

IMGP0024.jpg

IMGP0026.jpg

At the opening to Canyon Road there is a pair of bronze jeans

I think they are a pair of 501s

IMGP0030.jpg

IMGP0032.jpg

CONTINUED....

And there is a whole lot of other artwork

IMGP0033.jpg

IMGP0038.jpg

IMGP0056.jpg

There is a place where they sell these wind things.

IMGP0049.jpg

And these Wind Harps. The sound is amazing.. I wish I could post a sound!

IMGP0048.jpg

IMGP0051.jpg

We went into this really nice leather shop. Lots of boots and custom belts.

IMGP0074.jpg

Sam made friends with the owners dog!

IMGP0073.jpg

CONTINUED...

Ristras. Threaded dried chiles hang around town everywhere. They are a common decoration here and are considered festive for the holiday season... often they hang from one season to the next.

IMGP0062.jpg

Then we took a walk down into one of the oldest sections of town. The road called Acequia Madre runs along the main Acequia.

These were the main way of moving water around the Spanish Colonies, and it is still important today.

These little water gates were used to control water flow

IMGP0079.jpg

IMGP0080.jpg

Santa Fe is a city of doors and gates

IMGP0078.jpg

IMGP0082.jpg

IMGP0083.jpg

IMGP0084.jpg

CONTINUED (the last one, I promise)....

So we came home and I found a package waiting for me!

IMGP0085.jpg

BOOTS! John Varvatos.

IMGP0089.jpg

Then we had a little snack of pickles, smoked ham, fontal cheese and stone ground wheat crackers with some country mustard.

IMGP0086.jpg

Sam became very tired and decided to nap.

IMGP0088.jpg

We're going to grill pizza tonight I think...

but I'm not sure yet.

I hope ya'll enjoyed taking a little walk around santa fe with us today and seeing what our jeans did today!

I got asked along to a refit party for Cinch, the LVC outfit in London, last night.

Maurizio Donadi, previously boss of RRL, is now head of the XX premium group, which included the Made and Crafted range and LVC. He's an extremely nice, knoweldeable, approachable and enthusiastic guy.

The shop's been refitted to make it less slick, more textural. Over the next few months they want to include more vintage stock, perhaps 25 per cent.

Cinch regulars will recognise Richard, the previos manager, in the hat and beard. Everyone seemed to be wearing Belstaff or Barbour INternaitonal that night, obviously it's a steve McQeeun thing. Maurizio is in the background, in a very fetching cap (cotton duck?)/

Maurizio.jpg

Shoprefinished.jpg

I thought, out of politeness, I'd leave my SDA103 at home tonight and wear my 55 501. They're at almost a perfect place just now. But so as not to be to creepy, I did also wear my Wrangler 27MW shirt. AS I said, a bit of a Steve McQueen vibe.

beerandturnups.jpg

I took along Graham Marsh, a neighbor of mine, whith whom I did the denim book. He also put together the legendary Blue Note album art book, as well as designing the picutre sleeve for the who's Anyway, anyhow, Amywhere. He's wearing 60s 501 I think, and freaked out Maurizio by telling how he boiled them before wearing to get the shrinkage out of the way. But he's an old mod, he can't be wrong, he's been doing it much longer than us.

Grahams501.jpg

From now on, the enture 501 range will be available at once, rather than having certain eyar models drop in and out. The shop stocks the chinos, too.

Chinos.jpg

Current501.jpg

I was taken with the Cotton Duck closed top jumper. This is absolutely insane. THey developed the cotton duck from scratch at Cone, it's a true selvage. (I have a bag in the matieral and will wash it over the weekend to see how it wears). It's cut absolutely striaght, and is a thing of beauty, but I think you will have to be extrmely skinny, or look lie a girzzled old prospector to get away with wearing one. I really want one.

Closedfrontjumper.jpg

Closedfrontjumperdetail.jpg

This chap is called Victor, he was telling me about the effort they went to to produce the 1910 333. Apparently they bought a loom in from Russia, and installed it at the COne plant in Europe, can't remember where. They had to find extremely short stape cotton to get the crappy look of the riginal cotton, whch used lots of recycled fibres. the finishes on the 333, he told me, are by Martelli. There's a new version on its way. victorsandberg.jpg

Victor gave me the contact details of their denim developer, so I can ask him loads more complicated questions and add them to the Cone thread, etc.

Graha has an Ivy League book out later this year - LVC regulars will know he just put out an illustrated kinds' book a few moths ago. He and I live a couple doors down from each other, wo we walked to the train station together, thru Soho. A busy evening, the hookers were just filtering out onto the street by the time we walked him, but were keeping out of the way, due to aheavy cop presence.

GrahamMarsh.jpgSoho.jpg

Gave the denim the day off today. They're sitting nice and warm in their home. Gonna take them out sometime this weekend and stitch up some loose threads.

2f0dh1w.jpg

Went out and started to clear the driveway, took about an hour to get a 1/3 of the way done. The subaru almost looks like a mini-van with all the snow on top of it. Oh yeah, and it's still going to snow for a couple more hours.

17qwx1.jpg

2a8mi40.jpg

smuj4h.jpg

Last night the wind really picked up and brought down part of a tree in the front yard. Landed right in between the house, light post, and just before the car.

2rqoevm.jpg

Didn't get a chance to go to the grocery store before the snow started, so looks like I'll be eating this for a while.

2z6iagm.jpg

And since I can't leave the house for a while, it finally gives me a reason to sit down and fill out the FAFSA. It's gonna be a long couple of days.

16g9yzk.jpg

Great pics sufu. Here's a few from the last leg of my west coast tour with the 710's - Some skiing in UT and a visit to the Sundance Festival.

At the top of Brighton. Pro photog at the top said he'd never seen cloud cover like this. Like being in an airplane.

synprk.jpg

jajdvn.jpg

Deer Valley - houses up here are mammoth. Papa John just bought one of these for $25M:eek:.

kdjzly.jpg

21c8h0l.jpg

2zswd3r.jpg

Swung down to Park City where Sundance was in full swing.

fkxrap.jpg

2q8zxfn.jpg

2h5pmpt.jpg

It was a gorgeous day today, so my jeans had some breakfast and then took a stroll down to the village to check out a little art festival that was going on...

4332548180_76e9177f61.jpg

4331811167_51b120f0c4.jpg

4335912366_4ae97dd5d8_o.jpg

Some of the scenery on the way over...

4335168889_17f6b57bc4_o.jpg

4335912446_9923596689_o.jpg

Made a quick stop at the beach...

4335167761_26ef26be28_o.jpg

4335911884_a12ed42dfa_o.jpg

Almost there...

4335167689_b9cdb777bf_o.jpg

Hot rod out for a cruise...

4335911844_3942efcd46_o.jpg

4335911754_909e90089c_o.jpg

straggler post...work sucks this week and next. not having an opportunity to get out and shoot is kicking my ass. next weekend is a shoot weekend, be back then with the goods...

dug this one out. was on my wife's camera. packing, leaving japan.

4332217210_a53010df11_o.jpg.

night all

damn i need one of thems PBJ tote bags :o

More riding at the local spot.... can't wait for spring to ride my dirt jumps and some street. That and the whole flower thing...:D

rRT6gL8soJ4

next time you should make one of your friends record you ;)

Man, great posts everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed Park City, morse.

Again, xpost from Stronghold WT thread...

Typical Saturday morning ritual- my daughter and I head to the local bakery for breakfast. They have the most amazing pastries. It's so hard to decide...

s36l.jpg

I settled on a lemon scone, an almond croissant, and a mug of the best coffee in town.

s37f.jpg

My daughter got her favorite- massive cinnamon roll

s38z.jpg

This bakery is amazing. Aside from having great food, the building was designed as a barn, with a lot of environmentally sustainable features.

s39.jpg

mmm coffee...

s40.jpg

I spent most of the day helping my ex move heavy furniture. Why? I don't know. No vis for obvious reasons.

Came home to find that my dog barfed and smelled REALLY bad. Into the tub...

s41.jpg

Ahh, done! Time for a beer....

s42k.jpg

Seconded! What a fantastic page! :)

Pages! I still use the old 20 post per page limit.

Great work all... especially you Paul. You showcase some real serious denim insight... thanks.