What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

+Rep for great choice in beer! If you can find it, Rahr & Sons makes some great brews as well. It's from my hometown and def worth a try. Ugly Pug is my favorite if available.

I knew someone would like that. It's probably the only Texas beer I've seen up here. I used to go to TX fairly often and would drink Shiner Bock there, so I was glad to see it show up here up north.

I knew someone would like that. It's probably the only Texas beer I've seen up here. I used to go to TX fairly often and would drink Shiner Bock there, so I was glad to see it show up here up north.

Yeah, I was glad to start seeing Shiner here in Alabama more frequently over the past couple of years. It's gotten pretty popular in Mississippi too, which is good, most places even have it on Tap.

Sunday is market day at the t household. Today was a brief one, had to work from 11. So it was literally around the corner, then back home.

My ass, round the corner. LVC 55, worn in tribute to the relaunched XX division, who wined (but sadly didn't dine) me and a friend Friday. 501bestbutt.jpg

Greenwich was always one of London's best markets for clothes and junk. Not as good as its heyday, but there's always something interesting.

Greenwichmarket-1.jpg

Picked up a bit recently. THursday my friend bought a top hat - I saw a great set of stuffed Victoriain birds and a WW! French biplane propeller. TOday, I'f I'd had any cash, maybe I'd've looked at a pendleton. Lots of variants, including a burberry work shirt, never seen one of those before. £20 and up. Pendletons.jpg

Then down the street to the covered market.those narrow houses look kind of Dutch - wooden framed, from around 1710, now they house cheap sandwich places etc. Cool. Check out that old old Triumph. Oldhouses.jpg

The church is next door, around 1710. There was a matching one in my first WAYJDT, architect is Hawksmoor, lots of rumours about him being involved in the occult. Don't think he was, - but he was a founder of the freemasons, if you like conspiracy theories. Church.jpg

Another old car. Karmann Ghia. Made me miss my old Volvo, also designed by Ghia. now been in the shop for a year. Daren't ask for it back or find what the bill is.

KarmannGhia.jpg

More old stuff. THis is another site used in countless movies. The two globes symbolise the nautical world and the terrestrial one. Or something. Behind them is what was once a home for old, broken-down sailors - naval pensioners. They stored Nelsons' body here when they brought it back from Spain, preserved in rum. Two pensioners got in trouble for drinking the rum. Ewww.

Balls.jpg

Covered market. Developers wanted to rip this all up and build a modern hotel. I had to appear in the local paper, pointing to the cobblestones and looking outraged. Looking a right twat. Worked, though.

Indoormarket.jpg

Excellent vintage store, not open for another half hour. Fair enough, saves me money. Good on 40s gear, military uniforms etc. Round the corner is another cool shop, makes womens' dresses from parachutes. Shoulda remembered to take a photo. Didn't. Sorry.

vintageshop.jpg

Main destination. Need to get a friend to do some Photoshop work for me. How to bribe him? Easy. Croissants!

Croissants.jpg

Just for Lendo, I always feel obliged to include a hound. Look, a puppy, in training to be a guide dog! Your hounds are cool, Lendo, but can they guide you around and stop you walking a red light & getting killed at the pedestrian crossing once you're old and decrepit?? This puppy will.

Apuppy.jpg

Nearly home. . THe houses on the right aren't mine, sadly. They're grand houses, now owned by little, decrepit but posh old people, or young hedge fund traders. IN London we use the rhyming slang merchant bankers (wankers).

The opposite side was once equally grand houses, all wiped out by a V1 bomb, the prototype cruise missile. (My house was damaged too, when builders come round, they go, "ere, old adolf 'ad a right go at this place, dinnee??") Now the left half of the square has been filled in with cheap council houses, lots of skinny spotty kids in hoodies trying to talk like gangstas.

The nipper is wearing his H&M selvage. Bribed him to come out with midget gems. Successful. Bribed my mate with the croissants. Successful. Job done. A good day.

HM.jpg

Paul, those are great! looks like a wonderful way to spend a day. need to spread.

alright. big snow storm on the way, went for a walk around the neighborhood.

4339295912_1f1852ae4f_o.jpg

the fit.

Navy issue coat

flannel

N&F

desert bootish

4339301312_daf8de5bb5_o.jpg

4338607023_937f7e9f97_o.jpg

4338564399_8fc924c5a3_o.jpg

4339308624_052f578630_o.jpg

4339311172_d620ba5ae7_o.jpg

4339317020_47cdf42b56_o.jpg

was in a hurry to get out of the snow and forgot to let my camera sit by the door for a few minutes to warm up without getting straight into the heat of the house. result...condensation.

4339321674_10f93b13e9_o.jpg

posed.

4339326196_74d382c83a_o.jpg

Yet even more Stronghold WT xposting.

It was mostly a lazy day, but we decided to head outside after lunch and build a snowman. It was the perfect wet snow for it.

s43m.jpg

Hmmm, he looks a little like me, only shorter.

s44.jpg

Let's give him a blue spruce combover.

s45u.jpg

Snowball fight!

s46.jpg

I had to clean up around a stump where I had a tree cut down last week.

s47m.jpg

Time to relax and make a few more card cases.

s48l.jpg

I was supposed to work all day today

but my restaurant closed down because the Super Bowl kept us from filling up with reservations... so I ended up only working 1 shift and getting off by 3:30 or so.

I walked home and it was snowing really hard.

So we came home and sat around for a while and then decided that tonight was a good night to grill pizza, and trekked out to get some ingredients we needed.

IMGP0007.jpg

IMGP0008.jpg

IMGP0009.jpg

We went into a store and when we came out, it went from snowing and cloudy... to clear and the sun was setting

IMGP0010.jpg

IMGP0011.jpg

IMGP0012.jpg

IMGP0013.jpg

IMGP0015.jpg

IMGP0017.jpg

CONTINUED....

So we went home and started making pizza.

First we made sauce:

IMGP0020.jpg

Then I grilled off some pineapple

IMGP0022.jpg

And my GF got the dough ready

IMGP0023.jpg

And we grilled the first side of the crust

IMGP0027.jpg

And then we got the toppings on the crust:

Mozzarella with Pepperoni

and

Capicola with Grilled Pineapple

grilled the bottom of the crust with the toppings on it.

IMGP0028.jpg

IMGP0029.jpg

IMGP0030.jpg

IMGP0040.jpg

And I cut it for dinner!

IMGP0037.jpg

Now we're watching movies and relaxing!

Hope all of you are having a fantastic night!

My bosses told me to spend the next 5/6 days in boring Stuttgart,a town that is famous of really nothing,so i tried to do my best:

4341287245_ddd859f631_b.jpg

one of the very rare moments,when you are the first person there to do alot of noise and dirt!

4341288315_4f1905fdc5_b.jpgthe large angle-grinder is my favourite.

4342029422_d9036523a1_b.jpg

practising sinchron-grinding in perfection!

4342030588_86e21420a1_b.jpg

the backgrounds

4342033114_92c77162a0_b.jpg

Part one,the front stage is done.

First off, I'm ecstatic that the Equinox ad is gone. makes my sufu time much easier and less problematic.

figured a what am I eating / drinking post was appropriate tonight...

first things first, something that ages as well as a pair of japanese denim, a set of Vokey Oil Can wedges...oh yea.

4342253076_9402610f47_o.jpg

and an aussie tour black putter by Guerin Rife.

4341516723_0f5eb6443f_o.jpg

cleaning the sticks tonight, i was bored, and the snow was pushing opening day even further back into late March or early April. and what came out of that pan you ask?

4341521193_9d4fcb9c64_o.jpg

made a pasta bake tonight. Asparagus, onion, red and yellow peppers, garlic, some really good smoked ham, and a soy milk cream sauce to top it off.

4341526499_326513cf03_o.jpg

Plate it up and make a drink...

4341528279_209daf415f_o.jpg

Hangar One vodka is one of my favorites. and the standard martini dry vermouth

4341530877_bc97a2c0ee_o.jpg

Chill the glass

4342274048_fba8dcc751_o.jpg

3 parts vodka, 1.5 vermouth. some olive brine if you wish. shake well

4341537479_a3f00fb23b_o.jpg

pour into your favorite glass

4342279052_5c768e7e1e_o.jpg

when its cold enough, it ices up in the glass like so...

4341541337_d85c51d345_o.jpg

on to the next post with the night cap...

enjoyed dinner, put the little one to bed early, wife is working on some work stuff, so i got to sit down to some music, photo editing, and enjoy a fantastic bottle of red. saint emilion to be specific. 2002 chateau coucy.

4342289068_8b15f88520_o.jpg

The skulls had a good day.

4342293950_12366772b1_o.jpg

and a what are you listening to today....Spoon Transference. this is one of the best indie alt / pop albums that i have ever heard. and unless somebody ups the ante in the rest of 2010, this will be my album of the year.

4341558501_e628e15833_o.jpg

have a good night everybody

Mmm for the food & martini. I have the oils cans as well :) If you get really desperate, come by here for the "Chilly Willy" - they plow the fairways on some shite GC, and we use neon balls. Don't forget the down & bring a flask! :D

Almostnice: Awesome sets and great looking overalls.

Z: good stuff as always. Good wine & Good food make a joyous life!

Today... we went to Albuquerque to meet up with a friend.

IMGP0002.jpg

My GF wanted waffles. Some friends joked about needing to go to a Waffle House. She's never been to or even seen a waffle house, so we went to one. Yes, its gross. Yes, its not good... but it's something worth experiencing. I remember many days spent in waffle houses back when I was a teen and it was a place I could smoke and drink coffee while high...

... but I digress

WAFFLE HOUSE

IMGP0004.jpg

IMGP0005.jpg

IMGP0006.jpg

Waffle house lived down to her expectations (she was underwhelmed)

We went down to Central Ave near the college so I could go do a little shopping...

IMGP0008.jpg

And I went to the Red Wings store to get some oil and protectant for my boots

IMGP0009.jpg

IMGP0013-1.jpg

Then we drove back home, started a fire, ate some left-over pizza from last night... and now we are playing with Sam The Dog!

IMGP0017-1.jpg

I hope all of you are having a fantastic day!

haha

it's just a greasy spoon chain.

I haven't ever been to one this far west.

twas something we did on a lark

if you are in New Mexico and truly want some good food let me know, I'll hook you up with some fine restaurants.

here are the last pics from my Stuttgart job:

4343391166_b5bd4c3eda_b.jpg

this beast is called "header" cause it sits on top of the sideportal.it has to go straight under the roof.

4343391626_8cc7f867ec_b.jpg

backside: the steelconstruction is build in our workshop before our carpenters put the wood on it.the guy in black is our decorationer,his job is it to cover it all in black woolserge now.

4343392134_fc11efc3c5_b.jpg

the Tavern,where most of the story plays.

4343392652_2bce996f12_b.jpg

the rigs are all in place now.this was the last pic i took,i wish i could see the header going under the roof,but i had to leave to get my flight back.

I dont miss now,one week of working 12 hours a day is more than enough for me.

whoa. those set pieces are truly amazing artistry, great work markus. looks like the performance will have quite the backdrop.