video games ruined my life

DüM

:(

i only played rdr briefly but i thought it was pretty good

agree with royale

good soundtrack too

but la noire really really sucks

what don't you like about LA Noire? I'm curious to see what people don't like about because I thought about picking it up but now I keep hearing mixed things

edit: ^In terms of animation realism, it's one of the greatest games ever made. The problem is that it feels a little too much like a slightly interactive movie than a game.

edit2: and not even a really, really, good movie.

i dunno

mgs4 is an interactive movie and it's probably one of my favorites

and i haven't even played it much

but as a full package it's really good

design, sound etc

even if the polycount isn't as high as gears of war etc

but i dunno, i've got la noire on ps3 and the graphics are shitty

the story is shitty

if there's even a central story

honestly at this point i don't even care

too repetetive

too much driving and running

etc

only good thing about it is the facial animation/voice acting

Is it better/worse than Audiosurf? Audiosurf is "tailored to your music" but most tracks end up playing the same anyway.
blah blah

ignore what i said before, this game really is tailored to music.

when a song becomes silent or quiet, the game basically dies until the music kicks back in and the screen just lights up. LOVE THIS GAME. high scores and levelling up is addictive. played online today too, head to head. the game checks each library for shared songs. so cool.

anyway, as for today:

might cop killling floor, vvvvvv is only £2 too.. hmmn.

l4d2, arkham asylum, far cry 2 and gta4 on sale today if you don't have them.

man i get frustrated as fuck on hon when im on a losing streak. -50psr and 3 hours of my life

this is the thing thats really tough to get past in HoN, but once you do you will have fun no matter what.

somebody on your team is an idiot? /ignore him. somebody on your team is being an idiot on mic? mute him.

if you are queuing with friends, by all means play to win, but if you're solo q'ing dont hesitate to just play for YOURSELF and to have FUN. i.e killsteal only codex spellshards scout kinda shit.

once you can enjoy a losing game just as much as one that you win, HoN will finally click with you.

i almost never solo q anymore, but when i do if anybody does anything to intentionally ruin the game, or is just an idiot, just play for yourself man.

the only point of PSR/MMR is to get you games that you will win/lose 50% of. you shouldn't play with the sole intention of increasing your MMR, since that will only get you harder matchups and unless you are serious about playing HoN competitively, theres no point. i've been 1700 before, and i didn't like playing tryhard games at ALL, so i tanked it and I find i have much more fun at the 1500 bracket , especially in CM.

the guys I play CM, we will stomp a game like 50-20, and right as the other team is about to CC, we CC before they can so that our MMR doesn't go up. once you get to this point, the game overall is a LOT more fun.

until you've built codex/spellshards/PK on magebane or scout, you haven't played HoN.

watch the smyger HoN digest series for inspiration

After the reset happened in HoN (3-4 weeks ago?) I lost over 100 MMR and two immortals :(. Basically went from 1685 down to 1500's. I lost my motivation to play HoN and the little amount of faith I had in S2 lol.

My friend convinced me to install LoL instead and I've been having a lot of fun. The heroes are more fun to play, but that's probably because everything is new, compared to HoN with 75% of its heroes Dota ports or similar. Once I get into ranked matches it will probably be just as competitive despite its dummed down mechanics (lack of denying creeps is still weird to me). But I have to say I'm having a lot of fun.

Oh and LoL did one thing really smart: it doesn't have in-game voice chat. That pretty much eliminated 95% of the trash talking that you see in HoN. Its like on Xbox Live, when people have a mic they seem to think that they're entitled to say whatever they want. No voice chat sytem, less trash talk. More map awareness. More paying attention to pinging, etc etc. You guys should try it out!

And a last note: I was very skeptical of LoL when I use to play HoN too. But I'm enjoying it a lot more after giving it some play time.

i agree with a lot of the stuff said about hon. I like to stay in the 1500-1650 mmr bracket for normal just because you get more competent teammates on average. I don't even get mad when i'm straight outclassed by another player tho, its just losing more than 2-3 in a row for dumb reasons. I still think that winning in that game is so satisfying because of how complex the game is with the 5v5 and different skill sets.

I also think i started playing cm a lot more because of evan haha. it just reminds me of old crazy dota apem where you get to exploit crazy shit not possible in normal, and requires a lot less focus on creep kills/denies.

man CM is the only fun mode imo. you can play support and actually buy more than a bracer, striders and wards. last support game i played i was VJ with a sotm, codex and sheepstick and i was shutting kids down.

NM past 1600 is all just pooling for your carry while they farm for 45 minutes. not very fun imo.

After the reset happened in HoN (3-4 weeks ago?) I lost over 100 MMR and two immortals :(. Basically went from 1685 down to 1500's. I lost my motivation to play HoN and the little amount of faith I had in S2 lol.

My friend convinced me to install LoL instead and I've been having a lot of fun. The heroes are more fun to play, but that's probably because everything is new, compared to HoN with 75% of its heroes Dota ports or similar. Once I get into ranked matches it will probably be just as competitive despite its dummed down mechanics (lack of denying creeps is still weird to me). But I have to say I'm having a lot of fun.

Oh and LoL did one thing really smart: it doesn't have in-game voice chat. That pretty much eliminated 95% of the trash talking that you see in HoN. Its like on Xbox Live, when people have a mic they seem to think that they're entitled to say whatever they want. No voice chat sytem, less trash talk. More map awareness. More paying attention to pinging, etc etc. You guys should try it out!

And a last note: I was very skeptical of LoL when I use to play HoN too. But I'm enjoying it a lot more after giving it some play time.

LoL is a lot of fun, and i played it before I got into HoN, but the game just doesnt feel right to me. the engine feels a lot looser and less complete, and nothing feels exact, whereas every single step you take in HoN feels exact and rigid. hard to explain, but i could never go back. even though LoL is a lot of fun, i'm a convert until dota 2

^ i guess it's what you look for from the game. i can play a "fun" game of hon every now and then but winning is the most fun for me in any competitive game. i go to single player/mmo/party type games for non-competitive atmosphere.

this. for me i would never be able to play like that really. its all about the competition, if im not winning im not having fun.

I accidentally listed a game on eBay as new and sealed due to an old template when, in fact, it wasn't sealed. I was unable to edit the item description so I added a huge line stating the game is NOT sealed, to avoid misleading any bidders. I got multiple messages from some complete fucking loser before I could even respond:

I am reporting you to Ebay for trying to deceive the public. You say in main description it's SEALED, and instead of updating the main description, you put in bottom fine print "This game is NOT sealed".

That's an OLD trick many deceivers use to trick people because you know 99% of people only reed the top description.

Your title is DECEPTIVE AND MISLEADING and against Ebay Policy!

You state the game is "BRAND NEW", but once it's been OPENED, it is no longer BRAND NEW but USED, even if it's been played or not!!!

My cousin works at Ebay actually, and I will be notifying him of your deceptive title and listing so Ebay can monitor your listings and behaviour on Ebay in the future.

I hope you realise it's also against the LAW to mislead people in sales descriptions..you cannot called something "brand new" when it's in fact been opened by someone else. And your whole title and listing is deceptive and misleading.

If you are going to list anything in the future, make sure it's 100% completely ACCURATE and not try any sly tricky strategies to deceive people.

Please list all future items with 100% accuracy and with complete honesty and you will be fine. But I am sure you will now seeing you know I will be watching all your future listings to make sure they are not deceptive and misleading.

Thank you and best wishes.

What I really wanted to say was:
Eat a bowl of dicks, and then go fucking hang yourself you redundant meatsack.
But since this would probably violate eBay's ToS I had to refrain.

Do people this petty actually exist? Shit made me so mad...

edit: This fucking cnut... I posted my responses to his "questions" in the item description so everybody was real clear and I get this shit:

I noticed you have used my real username in your comments in a manner as to discredit me to the public! You didn't need to use and show my real username and as such, I have taken that as a personal attack and will be reporting your unethical behaviour to Ebay!

That's ok, one of my close friends is going to bid for your game and he will win and get your game.

Oh no! How fucking rough?! Your old mate will get a brand new xbox game at far below retail!! How will I live?!?!?!!! LOL...