video games ruined my life

DüM

So, to get homefront or to not get homefront? It's about $42 on amazon

I wouldn't unless you really feel like whoever made it deserves to be supported in their efforts to make another generic modern warfare environment simulator with yet another shitty story (supposedly) and multiplayer you've more or less experienced since medal of honor so they can make a sequel.

Whenever a new shooter comes out I wonder if people realize for 20 bucks cheaper they can get like 3 [good] shooters in one game with the orange box...

I've been checking up on the new Operation Flashpoint a bit and it looks and sounds pretty good to me. I kinda want to try one of the more sim-ish shooters and this new one is apparently really focused on coop (4-player coop, no competitive multiplayer at all in this one actually). I saw an interview where dude said Left 4 Dead was a big influence. I definitely have the most fun playing games cooperatively, whether it be against the computer or another team.

Of course the issue with a game like this is that you really need the 3 other people to play with.

needless to say, I'm excited for Portal 2.

Played the SOCOM 4 Beta for a few hours yesterday. I have to say I'm pretty impressed. Takes some getting used to going back to third person shooters, but I'm liking it. I should preface that I was never a huge SOCOM fan so I might be missing some of the issues that die hards will see, but it'll be fun to play with a good group of friends. I recommend all the PS3 dudes check it out whenever it goes public.

i signed up for PS Plus just for it ^^^ only thing that looks kind of shitty so far is the cover system, only in this latest gen has SOCOM had one, only encourages camping

Yeah, it becomes apparent on the objective based modes. Lots of hiding against walls and popping out randomly. Annoying at time, but I guess you just have to get used to it.

there was corner camping in the past SOCOMs but you actually had to stand on the corner and tilt your camera to watch around it, that was part of the fun, not knowing whether there was someone watching from the next corner, and it always led to a one on one, with the cover system it's like pop shots then be totally covered, not as much skill involved that's all

I hadn't realised how much I missed Pokémon, all these people talking about black and white have got me wanting some of that throwing-balls-at-bizarre-creature-action.

This gen's got the most bizzare/stale mons to come out of the series.

Thoughts on Crysis 2? links to videos to sell me on it maybe. Want a single player game to help kill the gaming time until portal 2. Just downloaded Limbo recently enjoying it with my girlfriend, but would like some first person action.

^lmao is that really a surprise.

as much as i like DA2 EA def rushed Bioware to get it out to the shooter crowd before the fall season

i feel like half the fun was gone when they streamlined the mechanics

bracing myself for the changes they will make for Mass Effect 3 for the sake of "evolving the genre"