video games ruined my life

DüM

When you say HoN, are you talking about Heros of Newerth? If you like Neweth you should check out League of Legends. Its FREE and IMO way cooler than HoN. If anyone here plays LoL add me. My name on there is Plumparock.

cure is right, lol is baby mode. i play hon and i do ok, but i go to lol and i go 32-0 as ezrael without even trying. there is no gold loss on death, no denying, towers don't attack you before creeps, SO many things wrong with lol.

trust me, HoN for $30 is one of the best gaming investments i've made in the last few years, if not the best.

lol's servers are also SHIT, they go down for 6-10 hours at a time every single week, when HoN's servers go down its for maybe 2 hours tops, and once a months IF THAT. LoL patch days the servers are down for 8 hours at least, and they always patch during peak times i.e. when i want to play. HoN patches go up and you can play within 20 minutes usually. i could go on forever, but i put in maybe 3-400 games of LoL and I couldn't go back if I tried to.

anyways, mewtu you should get on HoN, and all other HoN players ADD me up i'm hemlock.

9lbhxetR-o4

ts_HlYW8DM8

GT 5 got me to watch some Best Motoring videos. Really entertaining and even informative (at least for someone like me who doesn't know that much about cars) plus Tsuchiya is such a funny host. Gonna try to recreate the race in the first video with some buddies...

also on dec 13 hon 2.0 comes out!

team match making finally!

i'm sure s2 is making last efforts before dota 2 comes out lol

yeah dota 2 is gonna kill hon for sure. only 20k-35k online since beta ended, during beta there was at least 60k online at any given time.

its gonna be a bitch for me though, since i'll have to learn all the real dota names now(never played dota, LoL was my first moba )

Bolded most important ones for TL;DR.

Patch 1.04 submissions on 12/6.

Issues Addressed:

# • Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.

# • Additional measures to prevent the “Transmission error” and other disconnects. This was most likely to occur with large parties where party members had mixed NAT types.

# • Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.

# • Addressed an issue with VOIP icons not appearing when USB headsets were plugged in prior to game launch.

# • Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.

# • Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.

# • Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.

# • Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.

# • Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.

# • Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.

# • Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.

# • Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions.

# • Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.

# • Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.

Gameplay Tuning:

• Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.

• Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.

• Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.

• Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.

• Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.

• Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.

• Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.

^Co-sign on this shit right here. It's some pretty fucked up team balancing. I'm either running with a tight crew, ave kdr of 2-3, and dominating bitches... or... I'm with a whole team of suiciders who are lucky to crack a kdr of 0.2.

Is there no middle ground? Seems to me like the slightly better team ends up owning the map due to more frequent killstreaks. Don't remember such consistent team homogenisation with MW2.

Either way, I'm having a lot of fun with Blops. Definitely easier than MW2 tho. Just prestiged so I can do it all over again.

I love the ability to hipfire and for it to not spray everywhere.

this is one of my biggest gripes with it haha dudes running around hipfiring with SMGs owning you from distance, takes the skill of aiming out of it, especially when you do try to aim from distance you'll get about 5 or 6 hit markers before getting the kill

this is one of my biggest gripes with it haha dudes running around hipfiring with AK-74u's owning you from distance, takes the skill of aiming out of it, especially when you do try to aim from distance you'll get about 5 or 6 hit markers before getting the kill

Fixed that for you.

AK-74u is the new UMP45.

Blops is a love but mostly hate affair. I'm finding it impossible to be consistent in it. I can dominate in one match and be owned in the next, against the same players. Somehow it feels like more to do with the game than me, in both instances. On the one hand I like the changes they've made, clearly in response to MW2, in balancing perks and weapons, in theory. Yet it almost feels as if, in practice, it makes players of all skill levels have a similar chance of doing well in ways I find difficult to explain.

Scores tend to be much more tightly grouped across the lobby, with less chance to dominate or be dominated. I find it odd and somewhat off-putting, like it won't matter how much you practice and learn about the game, the game will still be a great equaliser, somehow. Does anyone else feel this, or am I talking shit?

nah I agree with what you're saying. MW2 was my first call of duty and I liked it partly because it was everything halo wasn't (fast paced, twitchy, killstreaks, customization) but black ops just feels like a shitty hybrid of the cod formula and the halo one.

IF I want teamwork and shootouts and "balance" and 5 shot kills I'll play the game with the motherfucking super soldiers thanks. cod4 is still the king of the franchise, a new studio is doing MW3 though so maybe that's something to look forward to

I played with the ak74u for a bit and got sick of it. Too much dominating. I usually run with the Aug or the mini uzi.

I have had a problem of being put on a shit team a bunch of times. Shit gets annoying, but it is kind of fun to be the only guy stressing the other team out. I think some people don't like it because its hard to camp; you can't just sit in a corner with a claymore and the spas.

That little fucking rc car makes me want to stab people though. fuck. and why do i constantly get hitmarkers with the rpg? its like 2 feet above their head hitting a wall.