video games ruined my life

DüM

Xbox is great and all but does anyone play any of the castlevanias anymore. Played all except he original 3 they're too slow paced IMO. The only one I never beat was Sotn cuz my ps2 crashed and snapped the disc in half and I never found another one. Sold my ds and gba. Such nostalgia for the first time playing those games.

One of my friends has finally gotten into GT. Thank god...they've all been stuck on over-the-top arcadey police-chase stuff. I think this will be my impetus to cop a PS3 soon, but for now we'll be starting out split-screen/independent-practice with GT4. GT5 would let us play online I know, but there's alot to be said for hanging out with a bucket of chicken and some beers.

The NeGcon controller is incompatiible so I'm thinking of actually buying a starter wheel. Does anyone know if the early Logitech DF Pro can be used on a PS3 usb port? If anyone knows, I'd appreciate some input. A local store has one NIB deadstock for cheap. I know the later wireless ones go backward to PS2, not sure about the other way around. I want the build quality of the early production, but would prefer PS3 compatibility for later.

This is the older one I'm talking about, non-wireless and without the easy-access tuner knob:

01-17108.jpg

Whew, I'm excited to pick it up. Yep, it has force feedback. Dunno if the newer Driving Forces are better in that respect. With the tuning button up front and wireless added, it wouldn't surprise me if they have improved feedback as well.

Good to know, esp for when I hit the first big plateau. I won't blame the wheel, haha.

I'm sure he'll grab the dfgt. Once we get some chops with the wheels I can compare. Hopefully they're on par; it would be nice if this could be an enduring purchase.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up one of these for my brother for his birthday and he was able to buy Wipeout, Uncharted, UMVC3, and Dynasty Warriors. The best part of the device is definitely the screen. It's big, it's bright, it's vibrant. I was pretty blown away at how strong the graphics are and how smoothly game run. The handling is pretty good - The buttons are nice and clicky compared to the mushier ones on the PSP (which I prefer). The size is a bit big, but the ergonomics seem right.

As for cons, the first one is that the camera pretty much sucks. It's on par with the 3DS detail-wise and, even worse, shots always seem washed out. The battery is meh, I usually get ~4hrs per charge. Another thing I don't care for is the way that some games and even through some of the native home menus kinda force you to use the touch screen instead of using the physical controls. For example on Uncharted, tutorial windows or prompts would open up mid-play and instead of having the option to hit X or O to continue on to the next page or close the window, you'd have move over and hit a button on the screen. The biggest gripe I have is that you have multiple PSN users sharing a device, you'd each have to have your own memory card and go through a huge loop of factory resetting to log in to your account. I hope that they'll release a firmware update to fix this, but they're probably banking that people will get inconvenienced to the point that they'd just buy their own systems.

Overally tho, I really like it. The games are fun and it performs better than I had anticipated.

Edited by Solix