edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

yo bern,

When working with really small DOF's like you get when stopped down at 1.8, try setting your auto focus to only the center dot, that way you can focus the center dot on the area you want in focus, then with the button still half depressed, frame your shot. That way your focus isn't jumping all over the place.

Also, since you're working in a lightbox, stopping down to 1.8 isn't really necessary unless you're really going for the smallest DOF possible since you don't need to worry about low light. To get the sharpest picture with the widest depth of field you should set aperture to around 8 which is the sweet spot for most lenses in terms of sharpness. It's not only sharp, but will put everything in focus which you may want for certain macro shots.

I'll talk to you later on aim or something but you just signed off.

PS I have the 50mm 1.8 and it's my favorite lens so if you need any very specific tips IM me.

does anyone know where i can buy a troika wallet/card holder in the US? or at least an international site that will ship to the US.

pr335fd9.jpg&max_width=250

I've been trying to find a place to get this troika card holder for a while and it's been a totally fruitless search.

i need your help EDC high priests!

I love my Klean Kanteen. I put iced coffee in it and 24 hours later there was still ice. Holds hot liquid just as well. No condensation, and no metallic taste.

If thats what you are asking about -____-

cool yeah i have a klean kanteen but never realized they had insulated ones. whoops!

thanks!

N690Co is supposed to be a pretty good quality steel. It's not low end which probably explains the msrp. I had it on my Ontario XM-1D.

Looks the new Spydies are slowly trickling out?

And to those who inquired about photography post, my main "tip" if you're working with a really small DOF like with f/1.8 would be to set your AF to only the center dot. Focus and meter with the center dot wherever you want focused and exposed correctly and then frame your shot with the shutter button still half depressed. I like this method because when working with shallow DOF sometimes having too many AF points becomes a nuisance. Small DOF is useful for singling out subjects in the frame. Being able to single out that subject and then frame the shot is very helpful, especially when trying to find perfect composition. The subject shouldn't always be in the center of the photo (rule of thirds etc).

dsc03779copy.jpg

always wanted to post a picture in this thread haha. nothing really awesome, knife and torch usually stay in my car, moleskine in my bag if i've got one. i also carry cigs and lighter but it would break the #allblackeverything pattern.

torch is a cheap ultrafire c3, knife is a dealextreme gerber repro, motorola defy, soundmagic pl50, cheap monday sunglasses.

Exactly 7 days AFTER I sent out the package to 4sevens regarding my busted Qmini123 I got mailed back my light with a new head.

mine died exactly one day ago, did you email initially or call? I think I'm going to contact them tomorrow