edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

interesting. i've thought about making a chain for carry, but figured it'd restrict my freedom of swinging the knife around (just because). could you provide a picture of you in the jawnz and knife out? i'm interested in seeing how far you can pull it out.

no homo.

Brane, I don't know if this is what you had in mind, but I just set up an admin pouch from Stormtracker, looks like this:

admin1.jpg

admin2.jpg

I drop it in whatever bag I'm carrying if need be or throw it in my car. Contains l-r Kershaw Avalanche, tac pen, wave, lighter, cheapo LED flashlight, tape measure, USB stick, Atwood wrench + G4 Prybaby, trash bag, plastic gloves, clif bar.

my roommate wanted to show some chick how sharp my knife was and so i told him to just push the knife through a piece of cardboard. i specifically tell him not to do a stabbing motion and to just push the knife through.

img00162201004181849.jpg

he manages to completely miss the center of the cardboard, does a twisting motion for no apparent reason, and instead aims straight at my thumb.

^^ That is a scrumptious series of posts right thurr.

Also, just managed to up my EDC:

UltraFire A20 and batteries/charger

Brinyte PD03A and batteries and charger

Torx driver thing for knife repair/cleaning etc.

11in1 tool card

pill fob

All courtesy of DX. Gotta love Asia, man. Fill in my flashlight gaps or lemme know how I may get the best out of these cheapies until I really feel like upgrading.

Also, have some mad paracord coming from ebay (6x100 ft hanks in colors) Also, split pea, kubaton, emergency kit, swiss quick release and aviation mechanic keyring from CC.

Too many $$$$.

Finally joining the ranks for real, though.

Also, planning to get a FL CWP and moar weppinz in a minute.

This EDC game does hell to the wallet. But, I guess little toys are still less expensive than big toys.

Will post pics when I get all this stuff.

right dude, do you actually have any use to carrying 50 feet of fucking paracord or are you just getting on the edc bandwagon

hmm maybe you can hang yourself with it, that would be sweet

can ANYONE please explain to me how carrying anymore than 10 feet of paracord is remotely useful?? I mean seriously what the fuck are you guys going to tie down? Are you building shelter in the middle of palo alto?

are you setting up tripwires for all the yuppies in new york city?

are you trying to hogtie suspected criminals in a spree of vigilante justice?

unless you actually have a parachute, or are a paratrooper, or are fucking mcgyver chances are you will NEVER have any use for even then 10 feet of cord i USED to keep. It serves no purpose at all!!

i can understand carrying a blade (or two) a flashlight, multitool, lighter and a few assorted odds and ends up for fucks sake unless you have a NEED to carry these things then DONT because you look like a fucking tool.

my edc hasnt changed in the past 2 years because it serves a very specific purpose for me, which is coming in handy when needed which is very rarely...knife and flashlight...along with a first aid kit its really all you need unless you live in rwanda or somalia.

Play nice. In the du's defense, I don't believe he meant he was going to literally EDC 50' of paracord loosely. I'm sure he'll do something with it, maybe make a lanyard, bracelet, chain, whatever. 50' is definitely all you'll need to make a decent set of things for all your EDC with that extra 10' to carry around and do whatever with.

I'm thirty-two motherfuckin' years old and i've spent most of my life traveling the world getting myself into strange situations and never once have i needed a paracord or rope.

Are you guys really finding the need to carry a paracord or is it more the obsession behind the idea and less the need to have it on you daily?

i carry 1/16" cord for making lanyards/bracelets/fobs for friends between class/during class. and not for potentially making; i actually have and do use it. but, its not paracord and i dont really carry it for utility purposes, more for crafting purposes when im bored.