edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

EDC surefire e1b back FTW

went to the beach with my lady last night, wanted to see the shore

BOOM out comes the surefire throw on the low lumen mode (5 lumens for that moonlight effect)

good to go with the framelock millie in the right hand side pocket ready to cut a mothafuckin

apple, or swisher, whatever comes first

Ranger beads are sweet to use when orienteering, backpacking, search and rescue, and adventure racing, but not enough to drop 200 on, haha.

And Surefire have been tried and tested in military, leo and rescue platforms, and almost never fail, and have been known to stop bullets!

I'll try to find a picture of it tomorrow.

http://www.surefire.com/truestories

Backup Light Truly Has Officer's Back

We were only two and a half hours into the night watch. My shift partner had stopped a suspicious vehicle, and a male occupant was giving false information about his identity. My trainee and I responded as backup. We decided to get the subject out of the car to find out who he really was. The suspect leaped out and pressed a gun to my trainee's neck. I was thinking, Here we go.

The suspect opened fire. The first shot barely missed my trainee's head. I could feel a bullet pass under my right arm as I was trying to draw my weapon. A round from the suspect hit the door of the primary officer's patrol car. Then I got shot by a .380-caliber round from the suspect's weapon. It went through the flap of my cuff case (I wear a double case in front), skidded off my holster, and slammed into my backup flashlight, a SureFire 8AX. The impact knocked me down into the street. The primary officer and I returned fire, killing the suspect.

About 10 minutes later I pulled out my SureFire and noticed the dent in it from the impact of the slug--the slug was still inside my flashlight holster. When examined afterward, the knurling from the flashlight body could be clearly seen on the slug face. Amazingly, my SureFire still worked when I turned it on!

They say you are forever changed after being involved in a fatal shooting. I know one thing that won't change: I'll continue to carry a SureFire.

Officer M.J.D.

Boulder City, NV

If you went to a small machinist or had a hookup you could produce those for relatively cheap if you had a decent sized batch made. Simple lathe work and knurling.

Got a spyderco T-mag the other day, pretty fun to play around with. It's a slipjoint but has rare earth magnet that's supposed to keep the blade in place but doesn't work very well. Has s30v and carbon fiber scales, not a bad pick up for $50.

ETA I actually like those beads, but not for $15 a pop.

^ lol play nice, this thread is pretty long.. he probably didnt see the iamakey posted a handful of times.

and yea i'd rather waste my money on something other than the ipad, but i'm sure they'll get it right on the 3rd or 4th generation..

Going through this thread I'm surprised at the number of blackberrys.

Pleasantly surprised. ~EDCBBM~

Also, how much bigger is the Leathemran Juice S2 compared to the Micra? I have a pretty shitty multitool on my keys now (pretty sure size / look wise it's just a Micra ripoff) and was thinking about getting a Micra to replace it, but might get the Juice if it's not that much larger.