edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

out of curiosity, do any of you guys check up on the legality of the knives you carry around, or are you not that concerned?

just wondering because i came across an offer i couldn't pass up on a really great knife that kind of skirts the limits of legality here in nyc, but i'm still planning on carrying it around.

out of curiosity, do any of you guys check up on the legality of the knives you carry around, or are you not that concerned?

just wondering because i came across an offer i couldn't pass up on a really great knife that kind of skirts the limits of legality here in nyc, but i'm still planning on carrying it around.

i do check mine. AFAIK in california and on california universities, the obvious gravity/switch/balisong knives are not allowed. neither are fixed blades 2.5" or longer, but i believe folders up to 3" maybe even more are allowed.

with this in mind i keep my blades at about 2.5" and folding only, anything bigger is on a multitool in a bag so it's not a readily deployable weapon yadiggg

After going around 3 years without carrying a knife, it feels so good to have a new one.

Nothing special, just got a Remington knife that was originally $50, for $14.

20091228184352.jpg

Feels pretty fuckin sturdy and light.

20091228184421.jpg

- Carabiner with random assortment of keys and bottle openers.

I hoped that the Supreme skate tool had a 15mm, but it didnt.

Only keys that really get used is my house key, and two bike lock keys.

- Wallet with no money and a shit load of taqueria receipts.

- Allen wrench.

- Comb

- Remington

Gonna up my EDC, come the new year. Also carry a bandana in my back pocket, that I actually use.

pigs can take it away if they really want to. they used to check my bags at wtc subway all the time and some cock took my super tiny swiss army. blade was like 1 inch.

get the knife. fuck the police.

yeah, i figured during a stop and search that would happen- cops are mostly dicks and the law here says they can confiscate at will but can only arrest if there's criminal intent- but i'd keep this concealed somewhere on me instead of a bag anyway... not too concerned, really.

the knife's paid for, being fixed right now. my local cobbler just up and had five knives lying around for sale at his shop, all vintage italian-made stilettos.

picked up a smaller-sized one with a royal blue handle for 15 bucks.

What do you guys think of Kershaw Ken Onion Leek Black? I want to get a simple black knife for everyday use (I'm not gonna hunt or use it for any hard core shit). Anything better for under $50?

kershawleek1660ckt350x3.gif

That's a really awesome knife. Got one for my father for xmas, and I think it's one of the best value for the money around.

Feels super sturdy, no blade play, very nice coating, good grip, double opening mechanism and great, easily accessible framelock. I might do a vid later this week so i'll borrow it if i can

My etched Spyderco Cricket came yesterday.

It's fantastic.

It's a bit tough to open as I'm left handed, but I almost have a single motion deploy down.

Either way,

It's gorgeous, tiny, and incredibly sharp .

Well worth the 114$ msrp. A steal for 39.99 shipped.

Thanks for the headsup branspload !

Now all I need is a light and I can stop thinking about this shit all the time.

What do you guys think of Kershaw Ken Onion Leek Black? I want to get a simple black knife for everyday use (I'm not gonna hunt or use it for any hard core shit). Anything better for under $50?

kershawleek1660ckt350x3.gif

i finally lost my kershaw that ive had on my EDC for five years a few days ago. i purchased this same knife last night. i am loving it! after having my last kershaw for five years and being extremely pleased with it, i knew i wanted to grab another kershaw. i went with the same one you pictured, as it had the same coating as my last kershaw and that thing took a beating and still kept its nice black coat. id def recommend this knife ;)

mhzj4k.jpg

keys (on tanner lanyard)

leatherman skeletool

leatherman monarch 300 light

Blackberry curve

wallet

moleskine notebook

sharpie pen

old film canister for change

zippo

Want to upgrade the light someday, got it as an xmas gift with my skeletool.

yall might have already discussed this (most likely) but how did u guys turn your pocket knives into keys?? i know the general idea and everything but did you guys look somewhere for a tutorial? or are you just pros --

Check these links...

shadeone's og leatherman keyman

bike tool variation

A dremel tool is all you need. Its pretty easy really.

yeah the screws that held my tool together were glued into each other.. so after stripping them because they werent budging at all when i tried to unscrew them, i just used some vice grips to lock onto them and finally got them out. drilling the new holes in the keys was easy, but sanding the edges down to make sure that they would open flushly was a pretty annoying process.

i do check mine. AFAIK in california and on california universities, the obvious gravity/switch/balisong knives are not allowed. neither are fixed blades 2.5" or longer, but i believe folders up to 3" maybe even more are allowed.

A little late, but for those interested, the general CA laws say that there is no blade length limit for folders and fixed blades. Fixed blades have to carried in the open on your person, along with double sided blades.

Switchblades and butterflies are legal to possess, just not in public if they are longer than 2 inches.

Assist knives can be tricky because tho they're legal to carry with no blade length limit, they can be argued as being a switchblade.

Lastly, unless your blade is indeed illegal, cops cannot confiscate any blade without a seize receipt, which most cops do not have on person. This goes for EVERY cop in the US, regardless of location.

All this info I learned from my uncle, who is a local cop, but I still suggest that you guys pick up a report and check your local laws.

Also be aware of certain cities within states. The city laws pretty much "override" the whole state laws. Check out this link : http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

It tells you the cities in different states that have additional laws.

this makes me want to have a cop try and take my blade so I can drop some knowledge on him.

the way it works out in my head will never be the way it works out in real life though

I got a Fenix PD30 for xmas. Tell me why I should have gotten something different/exchange it...please

why? PD30 is still a good light. did u get the R2 version with the knurling and body clip?