edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

The cr2, for the ezcr2s which I got as Christmas gifts before I heard about the problems you were having. They were the only lights left in stock for using the epic discount codes :)

Thanks for the help.

If you dont mind waiting a long time:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.904

or:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/duracell-cr2.html

super cheap but iono the brand:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/w2en-lcr2.html

EDIT: let me stress that with the EZCR2/ez series you should clean your threads and lube them if you have any kind of lube, and then add a small amount of lube to the bottom of the battery to make everything smooth. jonle and i broke our CR2s because the twisting motion wasn't smooth and as a result the spring crapped out. gl

is there a flashlight out there that doubles as a lamp??

A lamp in what way? If you stand a flashlight on its tail (tailstanding) it will direct the beam upward against the ceiling and the photons will "bounce" in a diffuse way, lighting up the room with some ambient light.

An extreme example:

quadcree006.jpg

via vestureofblood@CPFM

otherwise, some AAA keychain lights can fit a regular lip balm cap to act as a diffuser:

E01_diffuser.jpg

via edc3@CPF

if these options don't work for you..

there is this mightylite from Countycomm but dont relly like it:

http://countycomm.com/mightylite.htm

EDIT: 35percent, keep in mind those diffusers only work for Fenix lights w/ .8" diameter heads. IIRC you wanted to pick up an EX10 -- it won't fit (ex10 has .85" diameter head). just a heads up

wow the chaptstick idea is really cool... thanks! i think im gonna cop the cr2

CR2 is out of stock at 4sevens so you cant grab it for $20.

even if you did, a chapstick cap won't fit... it's too wide...

Good looks on that bottle opener Ryan, I got this one last year for christmas and its sturdy as all hell, too big for edc though but best damn bottle opener I've ever used...

and Ken I got home real late I'll snap up some pics of what pens I got tomorrow buddy!

craftsman-cap-wrench-bottle-opener.jpg

I was a fcking sleep and then wildstyle blows my phone up to brainwash me into everything I am against to cop an atwood

you know i canceled my order with the swiftness when i realized i was victim to hype

Yea, more I think about it the less I'm hyped up on it. Got a pedal wrench I got for like 7 bucks I keep in my bag anyway, better leverage than this thing I'm sure.

I really dig the wild looking anodized stuff he does, reminds me of kooka mountain bike stuff from the 90's.

Good point. Certainly more useful than my prybaby, though not as aesthetically pleasing. Should be able to get more leverage on a brewski also.

atwrench seems more useful and solid than a prybaby...

that said yeah i almost bought two and gave into the mega-hype. cancelled my order though.

i might still try for the business card. although to be honest, i have no idea what the functions of the abc will be. anyone know?

Anyone have a good lead on a hex key multitool? I bought one of those folding joints from Park Tool and it just busted in half when I pressure on it. Looking for something rigid, like a mini tire iron or something with the major sizes on it.