King of The Hill has ended :(

16steps

A sad day is upon us; KOTH has reached its end. It was a beautiful run filled with witty humor and lessons in life that anyone at any age could enjoy. It's humor was light, subtle and witty. Its characters were interesting and interacted seamlessly with each other.

KOTH was more than just a spoof of southern culture, it was a show that drew upon and reflected the American culture. Hanks conservative views often clashed with his immediate friends and family's more outrageous (liberal?) views but by the end of the 22 minute show, a resolution would be reached and for that moment in time you felt that maybe we are all alike even though we have different views and opinions.

Even more than that, KOTH was a show centered around family and the importance of tolerance and understanding. Today, we didn't lose a show, we lost a Great American Icon.

It was a great run. Let us remember King of The Hill's greatest moments.....

Hank Hill (to Bobby after Bobby purchased expensive denimzzz) "I hate those jeans more than life itself, but since you paid for them I can't say anything."

def one of my favorite shows. i just recently finished watching every episode from season one to thirteen. for those who havent watched the early seasons in a while, check out season one. all the characters are different. hanks just an all around asshole, bills alot smarter, and dale talks real slow and acts more like bill. season two is probably one of my favorites.

one of my favorite KOTH moments:

everyone standing in the kitchen early morning, luanne comes out with fresh laundry, bobby comes into the kitchen in the morning wearing a very long t-shirt and grabs a pair of underwear, pulls them on and pulls off his shirt in one smooth motion, then runs away

hank: "6am and already the boy ain't right"

dale spitting out some Matsu-style hate at Bill after he joinsa mens singing choir:

Bill!! Bill, you have to be the stupidest man on the planet to think this is a good idea! Have you seen what you're wearing?! That outfit makes you look like a sequined train wreck! Look at you!! You're part of a twelve-headed Jackass! This chorus is the feces that is produced when shame eats too much stupidity! You people make me envy the deaf and the blind!

i'm so glad that adult swim picked it up. i watch this show practically every night b/c it has the same quality as an 80's sitcom where you get a sense of unoffensive comfort with the bonus of some very subtle well written humor.

a fucking gem. hank and bobby are some incredibly written characters.