Cultizm LVC Contest

joe@cultizm.com

it took you an hour and a half???

haha, i can get downtown in like 40 minutes by car, but i guess thats not at rush hour..

sayocean, im probly going to visit my buddies at U of I for unofficial, i hear its a good time, but i didnt go last year

This is my first semester at UoI but I only hear good things about unofficial ha. Lets work on a Chicago meet up sometime, i'd be down

yeah we do, does LVC have a bad rap or something?

i would think they would be flying off the shelves with the free shipping

Yeah, too much hate for Levi's what with the infamous lawsuit and a few slip ups here and there (hello sidneylo) but I think we all need to respect the heritage of the brand and the history behind it....The LVC line hasn't exactly been perfect in the past either as far as accuracy but I personally respect the line (esp. the 555's...how can you doubt that?) and would love to showcase the different cuts and denims of a brand that revolutionized clothing as we know it today. And damn it if you call yourself a denimhead but don't even own a pair of Levi's...

Didn't mean to rant or preach, just speaking my mind...;) And yes, Cultizm is really doing us a big favor here with the free (amazingly fast) shipping...Just a rough time for a contest I guess...

This is my first semester at UoI but I only hear good things about unofficial ha. Lets work on a Chicago meet up sometime, i'd be down

haha, last year one some of my friends were down there and said it was a blast.

but, people you need to step it up, these prizes are awesome too

Can you guys go to shows? What's it like there? Todd Trainer lives/works here so I'm sure he's got some favorite must-sees.

Also aho, dunno why I didn't ask earlier but are you just missing a cap on that button?

sick, there's so many chicago cats here. you getting in on this contest josh?

i'm trying. ordered a pair of 47's couple weeks ago, but now fear they will end up a little too tight. i'd bought and sold two pairs of 47's before these, but had only soaked them a couple times when i first received them and felt in both cases that they were too large. the pair i just picked up is the same size as the previous two--34x38--but these i hot washed and dried twice. everything fits perfectly except the waist, which i wish was about an inch larger. hope the 36x38's that should be arriving tomorrow work out and are not too large after a couple hot washes and spins in the dryer. obviously, i will wait to wash if i decide to involve myself in the contest.

Btw for all who are participating, please hang on to your order invoice / receipt that comes with the delivery. Proof pictures will need to have the order invoice besides the jeans.

LOL ooops....today just happened to be trash day and I...err...threw out the invoice and packaging...But I can print out my order invoice from the nets if that counts...:P

Hmm a pm to lilldavid maybe?

Here are some more size requests:

Levis 1937 30/34

Measured waist: 30 inch

Inseam: 34 inch

Thigh: 11.25 inch

Knee: 9.5 inch

Front rise: 12.25 inch

Leg opening: 9 inch

Levis 1915 34/36

Measured waist: 36.5 inch

Inseam: 36 inch

Thigh: 13.25 inch

Knee: 10.5 inch

Front rise: 13.75 inch

Josh...how long did you wear those 34s? I'll bet they'd stretch to your size if you wore them for a bit.

these have stretched about as much as they are going to. after the washes they were probably down to about 31.5" or so, and now, with the help of a waist stretcher, they are just about 36". trouble is this: i have skinny as hell legs relative to the size of my waist. 6'2" 185lbs., but thin legs. i have a difficult time sizing just about everything. V V V V V V V

(possibly dumb question)

do the LVCs have to be bought at cultizm? If anything I'd be interested in a slightly more slimmer cut and have been considering a pair of 505's, which cultizm doesn't sell...

Levis 1915 33/36

Measured waist: 35 inch

Inseam: 36 inch

Thigh: 12.75 inch

Front rise: 13.5 inch

hey Joe,

I'm just curious how your measuring these pairs. Are you doing it the way B.I.G. does or are you using some other method. I'm just concerned about these thigh measurements I'm seeing on the 1915's. It seems odd that a washed pair of w34 1937s would have a much larger thigh measurement than a w33(35) 1915.

I will try and get pics up tomorrow. It's cloudy out today and my digicam ain't that great.

They are great jeans but I am a little apprehensive about being the guy that wears suspenders every day for two years, so I will not likely be a big contender in this contest (rotating other pairs in for variety). Still, I will participate and post progress pics. They're my first pair of LVC, and first Levis in a long time. We'll see how they work out.

I ordered Sunday night, they arrived Tuesday morning. Pretty quick!

edit: I am really chomping at the bit to soak and wear them. Joe@cultizm, any idea when we can get this thing started? Seems we could have the required 20 participants in time to start on Nov 1.

(possibly dumb question)

do the LVCs have to be bought at cultizm? If anything I'd be interested in a slightly more slimmer cut and have been considering a pair of 505's, which cultizm doesn't sell...

They have '67 505s, if you'd like those.

Nov.1st...you're killing me! hahaha I wouldn't even mind if we just started now and cut down the prizes but thats just my opinion...;)

I really think we should try and wait for the fullcount contest to be over before we get started on this...maybe we could get some of them interested.

So just want to (again) explain how happy I am with Joe and the team at Cultizm. After a load of PMs and sizing charts from Joe, he recommended I order the '67 505s, based on what I was looking for.

So I placed the order on Monday morning and received the jeans Wednesday morning. 48hrs from order to fulfillment in Calgary Canada. Fucking awesome.

On top of this, the jeans fit like a fucking glove. I CANNOT WAIT TO START WEARING THESE, PEOPLE HURRY THE FUCK UP AND JOIN THIS CONTEST.