Cultizm LVC Contest

joe@cultizm.com

how much have these stretched?

Starting waist was about 31.25" and they have stretched about 1.75". I do keep them belted tightly which may have kept them from stretching more - and overall I am really happy about how they have stayed well fitting/snug around the waist.

runormal- really liking your fit. It's making me want a pair of the 67s.

habitzz- nice wear coming along there. My 47s are nowhere near that level. I think they're too loose in the thigh and legs.

EDIT: Here's a quick snap of my 47s for the chat thread. I'm gonna get up some proper 1 month evo pics on the official thread later.

dscn0172v.jpg

good fit rufio!

lets see some evo pics its almost 2 months now ;)

as for my pair, i just gave them a warm handwash. been wearing them everyday since the contest started and im not fond of walking around smelling like sweat flakes

Nice work LC! I was wondering to myself last night, who was going to be the first to wash...

yup, i hand stiched it, thanks

aho, im getting a little photo happy cuz of you, i hope your happy..

_IGP2462.jpg

stenciled the pocket bags, top says 501 XX(covering my old tattoo) bottom says lvc contest 2009 2011

quick PS: I LOVE the fit on these now - the higher rise is fantastic at work, every time I lean over my ass isn't hanging out, etc. But I must also say that sometimes I wish I went with a more "vintage" style cut - like aho's or jpsmith or medine etc.... I am debating picking up a non-contest pair of something looser/baggier, etc..... just a quick aside there.

i did that myself- i fell in love with the 47, but i wanted a more vintage-y effect so i had to sneak out and grab a 1937 too. not from cultizm, so i won't be going into depth on it here, but it's great- i think i may be converting to repros fulltime :D

not much action here on my comp jeans, it's too damn hot to wear 'em in the australian summer :P ergo, my progess pics won't be anything special- there's definitely a climate advantage in this comp ;)

i did that myself- i fell in love with the 47, but i wanted a more vintage-y effect so i had to sneak out and grab a 1937 too. not from cultizm, so i won't be going into depth on it here, but it's great- i think i may be converting to repros fulltime :D

not much action here on my comp jeans, it's too damn hot to wear 'em in the australian summer :P ergo, my progess pics won't be anything special- there's definitely a climate advantage in this comp ;)

same i can get 1937 in my size for $150 AUD. I dont know either to get them or not to wear along this contest pair. How much you get yours for dave?

$150AUD is good price? i reckon they are normal price but i dont know...

btw come on dave man up, i got my 47 on everyday so far :P

Figured I'd cross-post one of my pictures from the picture thread. This shows a couple of things I did with my 1901s:

-replaced the cinch buckle and shortened the cinch length on the left side.

-flattened the rivets

Since I'm actually using the cinch, there are some pull marks showing up around that area--might end up looking interesting with some wear.

nice job fixing the cinch. where'd you get those suspenders? I like the natural canvas color.

same i can get 1937 in my size for $150 AUD. I dont know either to get them or not to wear along this contest pair. How much you get yours for dave?

$150AUD is good price? i reckon they are normal price but i dont know...

btw come on dave man up, i got my 47 on everyday so far :P

man up my arse, it's fuggin' hot up here ;) the comp's two years long man, i got plenty of time to hit my stride, without struttin around in 40 degree heat in 14oz denim :D

grab that 1937, $150 is a great price- i've seen LVC retail in sydney for more than $400, so i'd snatch it. mind you, i got my 1937 for $110 brand new in the asos clearance, so i'm laughing. you might wanna size down tho, the legs are pretty wide and it's very much a comfort fit. that suits me, dunno bout you- my 1947 is a 30 and 1937 is 32, and i could've easily done tts and stretched instead of sizing properly, but i wanted the vintage fit out of them.

hope that helps :D

Posted this in the photo thread but thought I should put it up here as well. I'm really enjoying these a bunch, much more than my APC NS which are my only other pair of selvedge denim. Right now I am sort of wishing I had sized up one for a more relaxed fit, but I have a feeling that in a couple months when summer is imminent I will be happier with the more slim fit.

Here's some fit pics of mine...2 months

IMG_0878.JPG

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0885.JPG

Right now I am sort of wishing I had sized up one for a more relaxed fit, but I have a feeling that in a couple months when summer is imminent I will be happier with the more slim fit.

Dont.

I have a feeling that in a couple months when summer is imminent I will be happier with the more slim fit.

You will.

Your fit looks great right now anyways. Nice work.

Sorry I haven't been more active in the threads, guys. Been too busy in the real world :(

Here are my first update pics, after two months. I had just enough light to take these, so I didn't get a fit pic. These are really tough to fade!

LVCcontestupdate1b.jpgLVCcontestupdate1f.jpg

LVCcontestupdate1lap.jpg

^ 1944

I hope it's not too late to jump into the contest. Just bought a pair of 1955s from cultizm and hope to have them by Wednesday. Full Count contest will be ending for me in four weeks, and then I'll start trying to catch up with the '55s.

Hi all,

Was away for awhile. I've replied to all PM's now :o:) The contest is now officially closed to new participants, as we had a restock in mid January of 1966 and some other models that were out of stock before, we allowed people two weeks to join ;) For those who PM'ed me when I was away, don't worry you're still able to join.

Great updates from everyone so far. Keep em coming! I haven't been wearing mine much as it's been wayyyy to hot.

Also, if you haven't posted proof pictures in the photos only thread, YOUR USERNAME IS NOT HIGHLIGHTED IN THE FIRST POST! So make sure you do it to avoid any problems.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=179677