Uniqlo F/W 09/10

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok stopped by the store & want to move discussion beyond the whole +j thing. they have western-style denim shirts (washed black, raw indigo and washed beige); nice denim considering but not digging the awful fake pearl snaps and double snap barrel cuffs. also there's this crazy "four way" anorak that was not dissimilar to the reversible +j (even had the same poly fabric) with a detachable vest liner.

many many down coats in case you're feeling chilly. nothing else super major. lines are getting stupid long, the one upstairs went almost to the stairway

checked out both uniqlos in london yesterday, they've got an old-man section up at the moment full of nice slim trousers and wool coats, duffles, peas, etc.

they've gone crazy on flannel, and there's fucktons of fleece around the place. the knitwear looks good though, cable-knit wool cardigans for 30 quid. some £10 off dealio on the cashmere as well.

lots of nice cheap warm socks, some new fleecy hats and scarves. oh and a restock of the synthetic leather vests and waistcoats in white and black.

oh and also some 2 colour sweaters with raglan type sleeve thingies.

checked out both uniqlos in london yesterday, they've got an old-man section up at the moment full of nice slim trousers and wool coats, duffles, peas, etc.

they've gone crazy on flannel, and there's fucktons of fleece around the place. the knitwear looks good though, cable-knit wool cardigans for 30 quid. some £10 off dealio on the cashmere as well.

lots of nice cheap warm socks, some new fleecy hats and scarves. oh and a restock of the synthetic leather vests and waistcoats in white and black.

oh and also some 2 colour sweaters with raglan type sleeve thingies.

is there no stock of +j stuff?

anyone comment on some slim, cotton chinos (not necessarily j+)? worth the proxy?

yeah i just picked up several pairs of what the tag states as "style up stretch brushed color jeans" today but to me theyre just slim chinos, ideal slim fit on them as well as a subtle sheen. cant really beat em for $29.50.

Can anybody give sizing advice on the reversible +J down jacket? I'm debating between XS and S. I usually wear US XS in Uniqlo tops. The consensus seems that the +J fits small. Was just wondering if this applies to the outerwear.

you shouldn't have any problem with an XS with that piece. also i want to reiterate that there's a difference between running a size smaller (such as the OC stuff) and running true to size with a slimmer cut (+J). you likely are not going to get the intended fit/look by sizing up, so if it doesn't fit you should probably look for something else more suited to your body type.

also, i notice i totally failed to move this off the endless +j discussion

mr calvin oscar gave a heads up on a +j restock here in nyc in supershopper so x-posting my investigation for you guys. note that these were actually shipped from japan so has asian sizing as well as japanese tags:

it looks like leftovers from japan - mostly us M/L. includes a table of button downs + a few blazers, belts and chesterfields. not too much in terms of pants, other outerwear or anything small. also the japan stuff is one size offset from us sizing, but everything's mixed together so be careful on that.

they had cool lambswool cardigans. I saw them on the first day available in all sizes but didn't pick one up. I went back a week later to get two and all the good sizes were gone. fuck. if anyone has one in a size small hit me up. doubt they will restock.

they are quite slim--i went true to size on them. at first i sized down and they were TIGHT like i wear my jeans.. now they're nicely slim. no idea how these and the +j are different, the colors/material match my +J blazer thoguh.

SO if I'm looking for sorta slim, but not TOO slim, should I size up 1? Also, you don't have any fit pics of them, do you? The website doesnt give the greatest representation of the difference in grey and dark grey. You can PM me if you do, but I cannot reply cuz I'm on IE. Thanks.

And 034936, if you're in the states, why don't you phone order??