Uniqlo F/W 09/10

Is there still the Wool military jacket +J?

Most of them sold out when the line was first released but I happened to find one lastnight! Its a Large but fits like a smaller medium. It didnt have a "Japan Size" sticker on it but it may have been. Fits me perfectly with a sweater on but i wear single layer t-shirts or button-ups year around so...

Looking to trade for a medium!

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I know i'm going to make an enemy out of all of SuFu but I'm a brave guy and FUCK YOU. (10).

Heat teach really isn't that great. It's not bad, it just isn't the greatest thing to come to warmth since man decided to wear an animal hide on his back. It's nice to have an extra layer so thin you can wear normal long underwear over it, it just isn't terribly warm.

I agree about the heat tech, it works decently well, but other brands that do functional stuff instead of more fashion oriented stuff will serve the purpose much better.

About the UJ jeans, the cuts are about the same, slightly roomier (as just said; I could fit a 31 comfortably in these and I had a 33 in the old ones), but the material is honestly pretty terrible. That's the obvious reason why they're selling them for 20 bucks cheaper. The denim, if it is denim, is extremely thin and almost flimsy, and similar to the new chino material, except with an even less sturdy feel. So yeah, the quality is definitely sub-par in my opinion, but I guess the price, cut, and variety make up for it.

are they any different than the old? do they have navy??!

I think they fit a tad slimmer actually, which I prefer. I think I saw a navy one yes but it was literally the last size available and I think it had a 38 waist..? I can't recall, but if there was a navy available in my size I would have instacopped.

4208156479_b2a5529214_o.jpg

Jil Sander's +J collaboration with Uniqlo was so wildly successful that the pair is coming back for a repeat performance this spring. The line will be released here later this month, and again in March and April, but it had a preview in last night in Tokyo, and the wares are definitely brighter and shinier.

The insistence on quality that set the first +J/Uniqlo line apart from other collabs is still present in this incarnation. WWD reports that Sander was closely involved with fabric sourcing at Italian mills, and a large percentage of the collection is made from "tech satin," which is a blend of cotton and synthetic fibers. The collection includes a shiny, stand-up collar coat, a basic blazer, and shirts for women and men. There will be 60 pieces each for men and women, and the theme for the collection is "iconic simplicity" "natural nobility" and "clarity and lightness."

4208156517_c828096634_o.jpg

4208156555_399e88a3b7_o.jpg

from http://racked.com/archives/2009/12/23/set72157622931996347_stylefontsize_9px_textalign_centerclick.php

• 4 weeks later...

UJ jeans, ...

...the material is honestly pretty terrible. That's the obvious reason why they're selling them for 20 bucks cheaper. The denim, if it is denim, is extremely thin and almost flimsy, and similar to the new chino material, except with an even less sturdy feel.

Hey duders, I'ma going to be ordering some UJ's and was wondering if they are clearly denim or twill. The reason being, I want some black jeans but really prefer twill over denim for black.

Honestly, with as much stretch as it has, it feels more like leggings.

But if I had to say, I would say really fuzzy twill. If you're getting black, be ready to attract all sorts of lint from everywhere.

edit: fuzzy stretchy twill. goddamn these jeans stretch like leggings.