Stronghold World Tour

Medine

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a guy on styleforum who ran a marathon in a fairly new pair of jeans. About all he got was massive crotch fades :cool:

Hahahahhaha. Awesome video Zissou, hope you didn't hurt yourself!

Yeah, I was fine, but I was a little pissed that I dropped my camera in the snow! I had a good laugh at the video afterward.

I'll have a few more photos up tonight...

Stronghold WT Sunday Edition

We got about 4-5 more inches of snow last night, so I had to spend most of the morning shoveling.

s21l.jpg

Winter wonderland

s20.jpg

My dog may be old and grey, but she still likes a good roll in the snow.

s22t.jpg

The snow cave pile is definitely big enough! It's almost 8 ft high and about 12' in diameter at the base. Actual snow cave coming in about a week or so.

s23.jpg

Can't forget the chicharrons with vinegar!

s26.jpg

I had to install a couple of floor outlets...

s24v.jpg

If a regular hammer doesn't work, try a sledge.

s25.jpg

Finished that up, and was all of a sudden feeling exhausted. Time to catch up on a little LOST, or have a nap...

s27.jpg

Sure is. I've been restoring it over the past several years and hope to sell it this summer.

I think I am mostly going to be able to post updates on the weekends, as work is very busy, but I'll see what I can do.

I decided to blow off work today to take care of some more important things.

s29t.jpg

Like soaking my new MFSC shirt!

s30x.jpg

My lecture on the importance of soaking unsanforized chambray obviously made an impression.

s31.jpg

Break time. I kicked the girls' butts in Clue Jr.

s35.jpg

Drying time.

s32.jpg

Random denim macro

s34g.jpg

Post soak fit pic. It's nice to have a little extra sleeve length for once.

s33ko.jpg

Do I really seem that super anal retentive?? :) I teach about natural resources at a university. The sweatshirt is a Garbstore 50's Mechanic's crewneck, which I just got on good sale from their website. They fit rather slim and long, which would be perfect for guys like you and me.

They are definitely fading in areas, and I think they'll be pretty well beaten up the year is done.

Typical Saturday morning ritual- my daughter and I head to the local bakery for breakfast. They have the most amazing pastries. It's so hard to decide...

s36l.jpg

I settled on a lemon scone, an almond croissant, and a mug of the best coffee in town.

s37f.jpg

My daughter got her favorite- massive cinnamon roll

s38z.jpg

This bakery is amazing. Aside from having great food, the building was designed as a barn, with a lot of environmentally sustainable features.

s39.jpg

mmm coffee...

s40.jpg

I spent most of the day helping my ex move heavy furniture. Why? I don't know. No vis for obvious reasons.

Came home to find that my dog barfed and smelled REALLY bad. Into the tub...

s41.jpg

Ahh, done! Time for a beer....

s42k.jpg

That's it for today! Did you guys have any idea this month would be the super domestic dad edition??

Thanks. Nah, that's a different place. I am hoping to do a pictorial review of that place for the coffee thread soon.

Oh, and one of the women working at the bakery complimented me on my jeans :)

Somehow i knew you taught something at a University, you may have mentioned it in some post in some thread a long time ago, or maybe not. I just remember thinking about it awhile ago and that was the first thing that came to me and it just stayed.

Glad to see this thread tour surviving, I was worried about it there for a little bit.

What are your dimensions? I was not able to get in on the tour (didn't feel I was an often enough poster to have a chance) but I was wondering how a pair of these would fit me. They are 33s right? I am about 6'2" 177lbs

sorry for the long irrelevant post

Do I really seem that super anal retentive?? :) I teach about natural resources at a university. The sweatshirt is a Garbstore 50's Mechanic's crewneck, which I just got on good sale from their website. They fit rather slim and long, which would be perfect for guys like you and me.

They are definitely fading in areas, and I think they'll be pretty well beaten up the year is done.

These are actually 31W. I usually wear 32W jeans that have an actual waist of 34" and these fit well, if a bit slim. The hickory stripe stretches very easily. I am 6'2" 165lbs and typically like a slim straight jean, so these do pretty well.

pomata- thanks! These cinnamon rolls are particularly good, with cinnamon caramel filling and cream cheese frosting. More like having dessert for breakfast :)

Thanks. Nah, that's a different place. I am hoping to do a pictorial review of that place for the coffee thread soon.

Oh, and one of the women working at the bakery complimented me on my jeans :)

The babes love the stripes. But not so much after you wear them every day..

...try cinnamon rolls with mascarpone icing. Seriously decadent. Great photos by the way. I'm really starting to get hickory stripe fever. Oddly enough, there is a place in Austin that carries stronghold jeans and has the hickory ones - but they only carry a handful of sizes though :-( Might have to invest in a pair of these if I can shake this nasty instrument habit..

Today's Update: Non-Super Bowl Edition (actually, I kind of forgot today was Super Bowl Sunday)

It was mostly a lazy day, but we decided to head outside after lunch and build a snowman. It was the perfect wet snow for it.

s43m.jpg

Hmmm, he looks a little like me, only shorter.

s44.jpg

Let's give him a blue spruce combover.

s45u.jpg

Snowball fight!

s46.jpg

I had to clean up around a stump where I had a tree cut down last week.

s47m.jpg

Time to relax and make a few more card cases.

s48l.jpg

Thanks, man. Yeah, I make a few here and there when I have the time. I want to make natural and black versions of each of the two designs. If you are interested, just shoot me a PM.

My day so far (another construction weekend):

Rippin' some shims down in the basement

s49.jpg

I'll use any excuse to get out the power tools

s50z.jpg

WAYWT

s51h.jpg

Ran out of some stuff, so I had to hit the hardware store up on the corner. It's been there for about 100 years.

photo6un.jpg

Do I need more hickory stripes?

photogi.jpg

Or herringbone coveralls?

photo1oew.jpg

Plenty of Carhartts

photo2ort.jpg

And stacks upon stacks of Wranglers and 501 STFs

photo3dw.jpg

Need a handle?

photo4ae.jpg

Got what I came for- construction adhesive, new gloves, and a diet coke :\

photo5ha.jpg

Back to work!

The hickory stripe overalls were $32, and 20% off this week. I believe they also had straight denim overalls, both in many sizes. Still want a pair? If so, let me know and I'd be happy to send you some.