M.O.A

Introducing Tellason Denim

yeah quit blowing our spot...

shits gonna be ill.

UK heads - I saw these at the weekend in Pegg & Son in Brighton. Look like lovely jeans. I have far too many pairs in rotation though, so resisted trying them on. Gonna investigate as my next pair though.

I just got a full restock in the shop. Sizes 28. 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34,and 36 are available.

PM me.

I just got a full restock in the shop. Sizes 28. 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34,and 36 are available.

PM me.

Hey, I was in there last week. I picked up the 3sixteens (i was the Dude with the Roys, Baby girl and wife). The 3sixteens fit awesome man. Wanted to tell you that I came back a couple of days later and picked up the Tellasons. Wore them a couple of times in the PDX, been wearing them everyday this week. Great Jeans.

No problem. It was nice meetin you and the fam. Send me an email if you ever need anything!

Post fit pics when you can.

Hey Mike. Have you noticed a smoke smell on the Tellasons? I noticed it when I was wearing them in some warmer weather, and recently bought a pair of Raleigh denim that have the same smell. It is not offensive, but a faint smell is there.

Also, when will Woodlands be getting their site up? Will Tellason ever be doing a straight leg in a overdye (fugitive pigment)? Will I be able to order straight from your site?

The only time I ever noticed a smokey smell on my Tellasons was when I drank too much scotch while camping and got acquainted with the firepit...

But I also don't smell my pants too frequently, so maybe they did smell special at first. Right now they probably just smell like month-and-a-half-old grundle.

They are going on 6.5 months, 5 washes, though, so i will get some pictures up soon. I clumsily repaired my wallet hole with some cotton duck I got from ROY Slaper, and overall, I'm really happy with the very unique qualities of these Mellors.

Once they start to get really fuxxxed I'll start to rotate in my Momotaros.

depends on the denim you own... the smell is from some of the non-crocking agents used in the dye by Cone Mills for the 11.75 oz version.

Im sure Paul T could fill you in more...

MIne have that smoky/sulfur smell too. Mine are blue line selvage from UnionMade in SF.

Fatty update time!

I bought these Tellason Strummers over a year ago, and when I did I also bought a pair my brother (and another friend, but no pics of his). I took advantage of his visit last month to get some comparison-shots.

I've been wearing mine daily since mid-March. In these shots, they'd been washed once.

My brother's been wearing his on-and-off since I gave them to him, but he rotates them a fair amount (with non-Superdenim approved shit) and also wears jeans a lot less frequently than I. He's washed them a few times, I think.

from WAYJDT:

in Lamu, Kenya, 25 Aug:

IMG_1562.JPG

Brothers in Tellasonity

in Kidepo National Park, Uganda, 28 Aug

IMG_1861.jpg

Some comparison-shots, on a big rock in Kidepo. Mine are the littler, dirtier ones.

IMG_1810.JPG

IMG_1809.JPG

IMG_1813.JPG

IMG_1815.JPG

IMG_1816.JPG

And post-vacation post-second-wash:

IMG_2179.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

Quick snap next to my best friend's, who I bought a pair for also and who wore them occasionally (when it wasn't too hot) for the year he was teaching in Honduras

Mine on the left

FRIENDS.jpg

Me: 3 washes, 7 months

Him: no idea

Tellasons are going to be taking a break for a bit to make room for a visitor:

IMG_2487.jpg

Great pictures! Can't wait to start wearing our heavyweight Woodlands pair....

Great pictures! Can't wait to start wearing our heavyweight Woodlands pair....

Watchu talkin' bout Mikey?

Watchu talkin' bout Mikey?

yeah. We just need to design a patch.

patch artwork is done.

When are you gonna quit being flirty and give us more info on this business?

I will be harassing Mike about this next time I see him...

Pictures of the patch will be available tomorrow. Sam is making them today.

Eagles and stars baby, eagles and stars.

Are these an existing cut in new denim, or a new cut?

existing cut, we cant use the "Husky" cut until this fall.

Gimme another 1.5 - 2 inches of rise on the Strummers, a slightly narrower leg opening and heavier-weight denim... shit would be a contender. Best fit I've found from knees to top of hips.

I'm curious about how much larger the ACL fit is than the 'regular'. I have soccer thighs and my gf complains that the Mellors are a little 'slim'. Basically just looking for a liitle more room in the thigh all the way down to appease her (and less waist blow out to appease me, my 34's are almost 37 now)

The ACL/Husky cut looks pretty good from measurements, since I too have pretty large thighs. The inseam length is super disappointing though. If you're over 6'2" or so, you're looking at rocking some ankle!

Also, IMO calling it a Husky cut is just silly (not bagging on you Mike). I'm 6'3/180 which is slim by any measure, and the JGM cut is so tight on my thighs as to be unwearable when sized to be appropriate for my pretty average 32" waist.

I know you can't please all the people all the time...

Ha,,, Tony said it, not me. We're always making fun of a vintage fit of LEVIS denim from way back in the way back.

Let's see them patches, son.

4ru98n.jpg

15.5 oz Kuroki Denim

available by phone - 503.922.1797

Online next week.

$225.00 (free shipping in the US)

So how does this kuroki denim compare to the cone mills in the regular jeans? I'm assuming that these are not 'husky'.