so, i'm having a pair of jeans made . . . .

mizanation

i checked with kuniyoshi-san. he still has some of that organic cotton left. you can read about the organic cotton on his blog:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdoublevolante.ti-da.net%2F&sl=ja&tl=en

he still doesn't know how the organic cotton denim will fade, so he told me he is going to make me a pair so i can document the fading. :)

it's 13.5 oz and has a wide red selvage line. stay tuned....

i checked with kuniyoshi-san. he still has some of that organic cotton left. you can read about the organic cotton on his blog:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdoublevolante.ti-da.net%2F&sl=ja&tl=en

he still doesn't know how the organic cotton denim will fade, so he told me he is going to make me a pair so i can document the fading. :)

it's 13.5 oz and has a wide red selvage line. stay tuned....

^This will be really interesting!

Would you kindly ask him if he's able to work out a classic denim cinch back specimen (similar to Warehouse 700s and Evisu 2004s)? I'm already juggling about which details I would most like to have. I'm most likely going for some sweet natural indigo unsanf. denim.

Cheers!

I appreciate the response. I'm looking at the different options now...

Which page may the options be found on?

Cheers!

^This will be really interesting!

Would you kindly ask him if he's able to work out a classic denim cinch back specimen (similar to Warehouse 700s and Evisu 2004s)? I'm already juggling about which details I would most like to have. I'm most likely going for some sweet natural indigo unsanf. denim.

Cheers!

yeah, he's actually a master at cinch backs. shouldn't be a problem.

natural indigo is very expensive, but if you got it like that, go for it.

• 4 weeks later...

I had been switching on and off with my DVs and MFs since around March when I got the new dungarees in Tokyo. Unfortunately around June it got quite hot, and needed the looser weave of the MFs.

As such, the DVs got regulated to dress jeans duty. I think they perform that obligation quite well. They are actually the jeans I chose to get married in (the official registration anyway). Tux will be worn next month for the ceremony.

Anyway, wish the weather was a bit cooler as these heavy, tighter jeans need some lovin'. Looking quite nice here though. Crosspost from WAYJDT.

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

• 1 month later...

Miza, did you ever get around to reposting those details and options into a new thread or something? Having trouble locating the pages with the options.

Whatever happened to the contest... the evo of miz and shanger's pairs... the everything!!!

Sorry about the lack of updates guys. During the summer I decided to put more wear on my MF Rider Dungarees. They are quite a bit looser, so they were more comfortable in the hot/humid weather of Shanghai.

I started wearing the DVs again in September, but then the Eternal contest started on 10/10/10, so they were put on hold again.

Honestly, they take a lot to fade. The indigo is great, really dark, and fibers hold onto the blue really well. I haven't even put a month on the Eternals and it seems like they are losing indigo about 3-4x as fast. I will try to take photos of the DVs next to the Eternals at the 811 one month mark.

• 3 weeks later...

so i'm having a pair of jeans made by K-san through Ryan. I choose tight-weaved fabric with a combo of 33+37 details, with suspender button but a hidden rivet and a buckleback.

took some pics of the detail, they're amazingly well done

i like the oxidized wreath button

5203283295_3d06bf2d05_z.jpg

5203881134_fd74f7e4a1_z.jpg

the cinch position is a bit lower than I used to see on a levi's model.

5203283835_2ec1df38c3_z.jpg

with a lap-felled seam. tasty denim

5203881726_450db94a2c_z.jpg

pocket lining, has that kind of salt-pepper/indigo graind texture

5203284373_80fe8eddf4_z.jpg

really liking them!

ah yes, I forgot to take some fit pics, but from my first try (the jeans are already one-washed by K-san) the fit feels somewhat a bit slim in the thigh, i was hoping for more of a baggy fit in the thigh but it could be just my thigh that is too phat

ill try to take some fit pics later

Hey guys, I´m haveing a pair of jeans made by K-San through Ryan. 21 0z denim and all the details that Ryan had on his pair except the selvedge zipper fly. He´s startin gon my pair tomorrow and I´m so hyped!

I´ll post detailpics and fitpics when they arrive within a couple of weeks!

Wow, I just read through this whole thread. One of the most informative threads I've seen here. And probably the most amazing. I want a pair of kuniyoshi-san jeans so bad! Hopefully he's still making custom jeans like this in a few years when I have the money saved up for them. I have to say, the amount of attention to detail and pure perfection of construction, as well as the kind of modern twist (as far as aesthetic details goes) to classic styling, makes these jeans the most beautiful I've seen ever.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. About to rep where rep is due.

• 2 weeks later...

Time to update this thread!

Some teaserpics of my 21oz jeans I picked up today at the postoffice...

More to come, fitpics etc. But I got to go. Enjoy!

These are INSANE! I will NEVER buy another pair unless it´s from K-San! And also BIGUP and thanks a million to Ryan for all the help with these. Great guy and awesome service!

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

Time to update this thread!

Some teaserpics of my 21oz jeans I picked up today at the postoffice...

More to come, fitpics etc. But I got to go. Enjoy!

These are INSANE! I will NEVER buy another pair unless it´s from K-San! And also BIGUP and thanks a million to Ryan for all the help with these. Great guy and awesome service!

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

More of this, plz.