Sign in to follow this  
phen3N

Asian Glow

Facts:

- It's caused from Asians and some other races not having the enzyme needed to break down some chemical in alcohol.

Myths (not necessarily false):

- Pepcid AC and other heartburn medicines help prevent it

- If your parents drank/drink a lot you won't get asian glow

Who else suffers from this? I get red after just one beer, especially in and around the eyes. I take generic heartburn medicine (40mg) 30 min before drinking and it does usually help. My parents never drink and never used to, so that other myth might be true.

I just wanna hear other people's ways of treating this condition or just hear some funny stories related to asian glow

Facts:

- It's caused from Asians and some other races not having the enzyme needed to break down some chemical in alcohol.

Myths (not necessarily false):

- Pepcid AC and other heartburn medicines help prevent it

- If your parents drank/drink a lot you won't get asian glow

Who else suffers from this? I get red after just one beer, especially in and around the eyes. I take generic heartburn medicine (40mg) 30 min before drinking and it does usually help. My parents never drink and never used to, so that other myth might be true.

I just wanna hear other people's ways of treating this condition or just hear some funny stories related to asian glow

I for one suffer from asian glow like crazy, after a few shots my face and body turns completely red. i believe that the myth is true since my parents never drink.

I get the same shit, If its bad enough I get red in patches. Sidneylo gave me the heads up on pepcid and it really works. Im curious to know if there are any side effects

not sure if the is true but its interesting

for me, taking ambien seems to increase tolerance alot and reduce asian glow. if your body is stressed by controlled substances supposedly it creates more enzymes which increases tolerance

i get red if I drink and haven't had a good night's sleep before. I also find that wearing my pants too tight causes a red face. (0) so i usually am faced with either undoing my belt a notch and having to pull up my pants all the time while drinking my beer, or risking it. I get red about 1/30 times I drink though.

I was told that if an asian-glower drinks, his/her kids will end up having the enzyme that is needed to break down alcohol. I'm no pre-med student, is this how it works?

I'm half chinese and don't get the glow. My full asian roommate last year got like patches all over his body though, and turned red all over from like 2 shots. I thought I was going to have to take him to the hospital...-_- His reaction seemed less like "glow" and more like "damn I'm allergic wtf is this poison you put in me."

my dad gets the glow and my mom doesnt, nor do i

but i think my sister does.

my friend has a bad acne problem and has glow so it looks really bad when hes had a few drinks.

This is strange: I don't glow the slightest but my mom/dad/sister/ rest of family all get the worst aZn glow ever. ???

Shit son, i glow like a pink light bulb after 3-4 shots. I'm not drunk but just get color and sometimes patches. Doesnt help that I am quite fair skinned

your parents having drunk a lot does not affect the chances of you getting red glow.

if your parents have red glow, chances are you will get it too.

it is hereditary. ('getting used to it' does not pass it onto filial generations)

an inferior genetics concept.

weed out the weak, keep the strong. something like that.

i don't have it but i do get more pale the more i drink, azn w/ no glow ftw :)

yo

i am pretty red after 1 beer, but i just noticed that after subsequent beers i get paler and paler.

yo samsikle that's a sign of healthiness apparently.

well that's what it's perceived to be.

yo samsikle that's a sign of healthiness apparently.

well that's what it's perceived to be.

We all know that's just a lie.

I get semi-asian glow when drunk it gets more pronounced when it's cold out. Generally though, my skin is too dark to get really red.

uh. dude. i said 'perceived'

of course, if you're a dude it's generally considered that you're a drunk mother fucker all the time.

but girls (eg. samsikle) who have rosy cheeks are percieved to be healthier. the word is perceived.

english mother fucker do you speak it?

uh. dude. i said 'perceived'

of course, if you're a dude it's generally considered that you're a drunk mother fucker all the time.

but girls (eg. samsikle) who have rosy cheeks are percieved to be healthier. the word is perceived.

english mother fucker do you speak it?

Yes i do, notice how i said... "we all know that's just a lie"... english motherfucker do you speak it?

I wasn't contesting on whether it was perceived to be healthier or not, i was just saying it was a lie that rosier cheeks = healthier. I see your point though, I didn't make it very clear.

If I am to glow, it takes me at least 7 shots to get it. I have to be buzzed to start glowing, and yeah, that starts around 7 shots or so.

Asian glow is positive over here.

After 2 standard drinks I'm red through my yellow skin.

lastdragon83ks.jpg

I have a korean friend who gets that REALLY bad. He swears by pepto-bismol