SEXDBXS09 Contest Thread

iGIT

Did you dudes not presoak?

Mine have felt pretty light and comfortable since day 1. I'm used to 19oz stuff, though; I don't know if that carries any influence.

Wow, this denim starts to look really great once broken/breaking in. I'm glad I decided to keep them. I just hope they hold up in other peoples' problem areas.

haha, no, just a fun thing to look back on when I'm done.

I did soak the bottom half of my jeans last week though since I had some strange stains on them. If it helps any, there was quite a bit of color in the water which was a mix of dirt/sweat and indigo, but visually I saw no difference.

I cant wait till wallets start busting through the denim layer causing the canvas to show... its going to look so cool!

haha, no, just a fun thing to look back on when I'm done.

I did soak the bottom half of my jeans last week though since I had some strange stains on them. If it helps any, there was quite a bit of color in the water which was a mix of dirt/sweat and indigo, but visually I saw no difference.

In your sig, if those dry bones fade anything like the SExDBxS there are good things to look forward to. Would rep if my rep meant anything :P

WOOT WOOT! After a month of accepting that my jeans were lost, found em in a closet at a friends house. :D Will post pics soon.

lol either you have a terrible friend or your really stupid or both ... i cant imagine how you lost a pair of jeans but glad you found it haha. thats a really funny story!

i posted a week or so ago about a possible blow out and others admitted to having similar problems in the crotch area. so i went to a local store and got their denim tailor to fix/prevent a blowout.

IMG_0144.jpg

this is what it looked like and why i was scared of blowout

IMG_0162.jpg

this is what it looked like after. really no difference but i appreciated the tailor masking the fix job by working on the inside and not where it was visible.

IMG_0163.jpg

this is the inside. he was going to reinforce with a denim patch but said it was really strong as is and didnt need to be patched but that the stitching was just loosening.

so yeah thats really my 2 month update. nothing really improved from my last update.

Hey dkatz you seem to be the only other guy who is inspecting his denim closely...

So I want to know if that shine goes away after a wash? I think it's resin but I think it's making the jeans super hot to wear...I'm hoping the wash I do after school is out makes it cooler, otherwise it won't get a lot of wear while I'm in Asia...

Most raw denim develops a pretty significant sheen as it's worn, which goes away with washing. I remember Kiya saying that these did have some sort of resin coating, but I soaked mine before wearing, so I lost that coating straight off. They don't feel too significantly different (in terms of heat) after washing to me.

everyone's doing big things in their jeans except for me. :( I've been sitting on my ass playing call of duty W@W for the last 4-5 days straighttt.

at least your avatar is getting sick fadez y0

id assume the resin coating would most def lead to more contasty fades if worn/washed classic sufu style. if one waited a long time before the first wash it would give the more faded areas a sort of 'head start' in front of the lesser-crocked places since once the resin is crocked off of the creases. interesting denim

id assume the resin coating would most def lead to more contasty fades if worn/washed classic sufu style. if one waited a long time before the first wash it would give the more faded areas a sort of 'head start' in front of the lesser-crocked places since once the resin is crocked off of the creases. interesting denim

I agreeeeeeeee.

I'm torn between it, because even though I presoaked a lot of the resin is still in my denim...so it's real shiny, I love it. But I kind of want to wash them... I guess I'll just have to flip a coin. :P

Yeah I feel like the crotch is properly reinforced in terms of wear and tear but the stitching holdig it all together is weak

I think this is a common misconception about these jeans. Check this photo out posted by someone earlier in the thread:

IMG_2270.jpg

There is a beefy bar tack where the two ends meet. This bar tack, not the seam thats been popping out of everyones jeans will bear the loading from wear and tear. The seam that is popping out goes around the bar tack on the inside and is merely keeping everything pretty on the outside. It was the designers mistake for positioning that thread so it looks like everyones crotch is blowing after a month.

I do believe that is my crotch...anyways I think TTM is right, and I won't be doing any reinforcing, etc. anytime soon...

thanks for providing a good example :D