SEXDBXS09 Contest Thread

iGIT

i get mine from praying excessively and sucking dick.

no but really, i kneel a lot when taking pictures. it adds up in the end

Yeah I noticed this on my knee fades and wallet fade...quite strange...

tthe weft fiber is almost worn through on one spot (i think thats what its called) but im glad i was in these and not my nsjs or else for sure would have been a rip and a nice mark on my knee

tis the warp, unless your knee creates more abrasion than the asphalt

Holy crap... I was just looking at/feeling the ass-crotch area of my jeans, and while every other part of the jeans is still rough and a bit dull, the ass (in the shape of my bike saddle) is ridiculously smooth and shiny. HAH!

I'll try to get some pictures

Holy crap... I was just looking at/feeling the ass-crotch area of my jeans, and while every other part of the jeans is still rough and a bit dull, the ass (in the shape of my bike saddle) is ridiculously smooth and shiny. HAH!

I'll try to get some pictures

I have this too because I ride a slightly new (3 month old) Brooks saddle that wears its leather on my crotch. This as well as the large amount of wear in general - made me choose to wash these every 1.5months at least for the first 9 months. Then I probably won't be wearing these everyday by then anyways.

Already have a small crotch blowout that I've had fixed.

Pics in a week and a half or so after I wash.

crotch blowouts. it seems pretty early to be getting these right? I'm getting a hole in my coin pocket where i put my chapstick at. This has never happen this early for me. Anyone else kinda feel that the denim is a little bit "weak" compared to other 16oz denim?

I'm actually stunned at how well mine seem to be holding up. I have a pretty bulky set of keys (including a my wheel-wrench) which get jammed in my back-right pocket along with my wallet... and there's no sign whatsoever of breakage. Similarly, I bike a fair amount and though my crotch is pretty bright blue, the denim seems to be holding up quite well. I'm definitely keeping an eye on it though... at the first sign of significant thinning I'm gonna get 'em patched with leftover hemming-denim.

i agree with iGIT that the denim is a bit weak for 16oz. and the colour fades really fast too. i had to make repairs tp the jeans already as some of the side stitching of both side have come undone. we will see after 1 year how it turns out.

randomkorea thats how mine looked just a tad worse so i took it in for preemptive measures. i got mine caught on a braze on from the top tube of my bike though which sucked. make sure the tailor puts a tiny piece of denim there and chain stitches it in.

i think the denim is very slutty and fades fast, the stitching is pretty damn good - its hard to hold 16oz with no stretchable material together - and the pockets are strong as fuck. the military reinforced canvas is really nice and i can tell i won't be getting a back pocket hole from my wallet anytime soon. those of us wearing these particularly tight will get crotch blowouts - 'tis the nature of almost any jeans you wear hard.

i'd recommend going to a tailor and having them reinforce the area. they'll likely do a better job than you will. you could do it yourself if you're really into it or want to try it... i dunno, i had to patch a pair of my jeans last year and it took hours. left me with a shitty stiff neck, too.

i agree with iGIT that the denim is a bit weak for 16oz. and the colour fades really fast too. i had to make repairs tp the jeans already as some of the side stitching of both side have come undone. we will see after 1 year how it turns out.

Ah! I'm having the same issue with the side stitching coming out. What's that about?

randomkorea thats how mine looked just a tad worse so i took it in for preemptive measures. make sure the tailor puts a tiny piece of denim there and chain stitches it in.

how much should chain stitching it in cost? do i have to provide the small piece of denim cuz i dont have anything? do i need to find an experienced tailor or can anyone do such a job?

how much should chain stitching it in cost? do i have to provide the small piece of denim cuz i dont have anything? do i need to find an experienced tailor or can anyone do such a job?

It does not need to be chainstitched in, that's pretty ridiculous. 90% of the people who say everything needs to be chainstitched ("u need 2 chainstch ur patchs for strenght") have no idea what they're talking about.

It's not a hard job, and any decent tailor will have denim for patches lying around. If you know anybody who has a decent sewing machine they could probably do it, but if you take it to a tailor I wouldn't pay more than $20.

dont have a blowout yet but look at pic below. looks like blowout is forthcoming.

IMG_0144.jpg

ive never had a blowout before ... can i repair the stitching or reinforce it somehow? can any tailor do it with out it being ugly or noticable?

Mine have the same thing going on, I didn't size down, I have a feeling like it wont matter to much that those few stitches broke as there is a lot more reinforcing it, just a feeling though.

The stitching is just the same stitching that's on Flat Head's Frontier jeans, same gauge and fiber breakdown.