SEXDBXS09 Contest Thread

iGIT

I've ridden over 50 miles on my bike since Saturday in these. It's making the whiskers come in nicely.

I wish I was still riding around as much as I used to. I think I did around 100 miles a week. Work and video games are taking up all of my time.

i gotta ask...do u guys who ride that much (50 miles, 100 miles)...ride to get place, ride for fun or ride for exercise? cuz i could understand wearing ur jeans when you have to go somewhere but for fun or exercise, wouldnt it be better to wear proper riding shorts/pants

i gotta ask...do u guys who ride that much (50 miles, 100 miles)...ride to get place, ride for fun or ride for exercise? cuz i could understand wearing ur jeans when you have to go somewhere but for fun or exercise, wouldnt it be better to wear proper riding shorts/pants

You just asked that question in a SuperFuture forum in SuperDenim in a thread about a SuperFuture denim CONTEST.

Therein lies your answer.

I ride because it's an enjoyable way to exercise. I also enjoy raw denim, so I combine the two. During a school semester, I'll ride the 10 miles to class. Otherwise, for fun/short trips.

i ride for fun and think of the exercise as a benefit, its a good stress relief from school. I usually will ride like 30mins to an hour without planning some difficult course. If i do plan on riding for exercise though i'd rather wear shorts.

You just asked that question in a SuperFuture forum in SuperDenim in a thread about a SuperFuture denim CONTEST.

Therein lies your answer.

well i know its a contest, but to a non biker like me, 100 miles even 50 seemed like a crazy amount of distance to bike in jeans in a week.

well i know its a contest, but to a non biker like me, 100 miles even 50 seemed like a crazy amount of distance to bike in jeans in a week.

haha, sorry, I was trying to make a joke. I ride to school with my jeans and will do the occasional neighborhood ride with them. But if I were to trek 100 miles, I wouldn't dare do it in jeans, especially now that it's summer.

I've never ridden in anything other than jeans. The only drawback of heavier raw denim compared to the average prewashed jean is the stiffness and strange knapsack/cardboard feeling as the sweat dries into them.

I wouldn't dare consider a single 100-mile ride in raw denim, though. At least, I don't think so. I've done a few 30-mile round trips that were tolerable, but I don't think 100 miles would fly.

yeah i dont like that feeling at all. skating in sweaty jeans is pretty bad after a while, real easy to get some chafing in the thigh area. gotta take breaks just to let the legs cool off lol. thats why i wondered about u bikers. alot more movement going on. ....is that even the right term for u guys, bikers? or cyclers?

I sweat a hell of a lot more skating than I do biking. With the wind cooling you off as you bike along, sweat is sort of a non-issue, unless you're really pushing yourself.

Humidity in Houston is taking it's toll on the jeans. I'm sweating like crazy just walking around. Crotch seams are fraying like mad.

You're in Houston? Same here...It's hard to walk outside without breaking a sweat.

speaking of touristy pics and what not,

has anyone got any good ideas for a denim art project? I see some things on the evolution thread, but I thought it'd be fun if someone took a picture of them wearing it, but crop out their body and draw in the invisible parts. Or something crazy like that. I'm sure theres an example of it, anyone?

ive had a guacamole stain for the longest time and some black one that i don't know what it is. Also ate shit playing football on brick walkway and lost some indigo. i love when combs feel crispy, don't know why.

And suddenly everyone will start talking about their random stains.

And random blood.

Went long boarding tonight, went down this bad ass hill, and ate it bad. Fell on my back and skidded for a little bit.The back of my tshirt got all ripped up from skidding. Back and elbow was bleeding pretty bad, got some blood stains on my jeans now. Fuck my back hurts, and my favorite tshirt is totally destroyed now :(

Cleaned my arm/back with alcohol. Wow that shit hurt like a motherfuck.

Went long boarding tonight, went down this bad ass hill, and ate it bad. Fell on my back and skidded for a little bit.The back of my tshirt got all ripped up from skidding. Back and elbow was bleeding pretty bad, got some blood stains on my jeans now. Fuck my back hurts, and my favorite tshirt is totally destroyed now :(

Cleaned my arm/back with alcohol. Wow that shit hurt like a motherfuck.

hahahaha!

I go to UCSD, so I have wayyyy too many longboarding stories. Glad to hear you're okay, my buddy had to go to the ER once.