SEXDBXS09 Contest Thread

iGIT

Can't decide if I want to soak these or not. Don't think they'd drip dry soon enough before I need to get on my flight...and don't really want to put in the dryer. What to do, what to do.

The blue's really coming in now. Crotch is fraying though...

No updates from me. I've finally decided to start wearing them, but I enjoy breaking in my Samurais more, so my contest pair get worn like once a week.

Kind of enjoying the slightly relaxed fit. Combined with the relatively light weight, they make for a great summer jean. Been sagging them though, and I don't do sagging, haha. Kind of funny.

im still debating on whether to do the whole, soak every month thing. i havent seen much change in the last month other than more pronounced wallet fade

I thought about that too, but mine are starting to show some fading so I'm gonna hold back for now.

Soaked them last night. Threw them in the dryer for about 5 minutes afterwards...super blue dryer now.

So two main sets of photos. First one's in the sun, represents the color of the jeans better, though the blue is a bit brighter IRL. Second shot is in the shade, shows fading better. And lastly, obligatory crotch shot. You can see from fraying.

3578126985_cc543134d8.jpg

3578929628_59c6f942c4.jpg

3578928096_924696ce91.jpg

3578929930_1c7d890c88.jpg

3578126087_b615a612d8.jpg

CRAAAAAAAAP. Regular inside-out wash didn't get rid of the skunk. Trying a serious dousing of baking soda dilute + shit-ton of febreeze antimicrobial and an overnight air-out.

CRAAAAAAAAP. Regular inside-out wash didn't get rid of the skunk. Trying a serious dousing of baking soda dilute + shit-ton of febreeze antimicrobial and an overnight air-out.

Shittt. That sucks man, maybe you should try like the cures for smell on humans? Like dip in tomato juice and then wash? It shouldn't turn red or anything if it's just for a little bit.

I dunno...maybe like an oatmeal soak? then a wash? was raised on hilarious natural medical cures?(y)

I just been skating in mine a lot recently, friend lent me his board. I cannot do any tricks besides the manual...which I can barely hold...shit's tough.

I just been skating in mine a lot recently, friend lent me his board. I cannot do any tricks besides the manual...which I can barely hold...shit's tough.

keep at it man! and check out youtube for trick tips. its helped me out by showing me different ways to place my feet when trying tricks

ummm they arent edited in any way. i can send u straight from camera jpegs if u want or retake some pictures tomorrow in RAW format and have someone else process them. i use a nikon d80 not some cheap point and shoot.

edit: i can see how u think theres a sharpness boost tho. but thats because the picture was originally 3872x2592 and it was shrunk to 598x400. even a blurry picture becomes sharp when there is a drastic resolution decrease like that

Shittt. That sucks man, maybe you should try like the cures for smell on humans? Like dip in tomato juice and then wash? It shouldn't turn red or anything if it's just for a little bit.

I dunno...maybe like an oatmeal soak? then a wash? was raised on hilarious natural medical cures?(y)

Thanks for the tips. The baking soda and vinegar each helped a bit, and at this point I'm thinking fuck it... if I wear them enough, it'll go away. It's not too bad.

Hey dkatz you seem to be the only other guy who is inspecting his denim closely...

So I want to know if that shine goes away after a wash? I think it's resin but I think it's making the jeans super hot to wear...I'm hoping the wash I do after school is out makes it cooler, otherwise it won't get a lot of wear while I'm in Asia...

WOOT WOOT! After a month of accepting that my jeans were lost, found em in a closet at a friends house. :D Will post pics soon.

ha, i gave you 4 bars. ridic.

wear the shit out of em to make up for lost time

Hey dkatz you seem to be the only other guy who is inspecting his denim closely...

So I want to know if that shine goes away after a wash? I think it's resin but I think it's making the jeans super hot to wear...I'm hoping the wash I do after school is out makes it cooler, otherwise it won't get a lot of wear while I'm in Asia...

i know im not dkatz, but ive soaked these things twice, and the shine has gone away, and now that u mention it, these do appear to be "cooler" or maybe i just got used to it /shrug

I don't know if you can attribute the "heat" to the resin or the fact that it's 16oz denim. Or simply the fact that it's pretty ridiculous to be wearing denim in the summer in anyplace with a decent amount of humidity.

But I guess that's what makes us SUFUers.