SEXDBXS09 Contest Thread

iGIT

Almost embarrassed to post these since everyone's look so much better, but this was my attempt. I realized after the first few months that the cut wasn't for me and they haven't really been worn that much (probably 5 months total?). I think I started on March 16th so I have a couple months left, but I don't see myself wearing them much more if at all. They may even find there way to the supermarket for something cheap like $130-40

Sorry, my wording's a bit unclear.

The actual waist is already bigger than the tagged size (rightly so, cause the rise is LOW). The waist easily stretches up to 3" from their smallest measurement (i.e. after a soak/wash). Compared to tagged size, the jean waist is ~5" bigger (I wear them pretty low on my hips).

Sorry, my wording's a bit unclear.

The actual waist is already bigger than the tagged size (rightly so, cause the rise is LOW). The waist easily stretches up to 3" from their smallest measurement (i.e. after a soak/wash). Compared to tagged size, the jean waist is ~5" bigger (I wear them pretty low on my hips).

I haven't washed at all yet, but to be fair, I have probably only worn them for a solid 4 months or so. They've been in rotation with my sammies, couldn't bring myself to focus too hard on these guys.

Probably going to wash soon though...

I've washed 5 times, though the last one was kinda a double-wash: hand-scrubbed them like a motherfucker then threw them in the machine.

Also, 5 days back in Kampala and they're already getting orange again. Damnit.

james nicolas, i'm having a hard time wearing mine too. i bought a 31 like you, and based on your fades, they fit you in a similar manner -- too big everywhere. which is funny, since nowadays, 31 is like sizing down one for me.

i save mine for days that i need a looser-fitting, lighter-feeling jean. skateboarding in my samurais on hotter days gets pretty tedious after an hour or so.

i'd say anyone who is interested in buying james nicolas' jeans, you should probably be around a 32 or even a 33 in most other jeans. this really isn't much of a slim cut, just a low rise straight leg jean.

Thread's been moving slowly lately... so I'll picture-overload.

Threw 'em in the washer again today with some Dr. Bronner's to try to undo some of the orange. Took some pre-wash pics in the shade out front of my flat today, wound up with a little gaggle of neighborhood kids standing around probably thinking "muzungu... always doing strange strange things)

IMG_1035.JPG

I think these are showing up a bit lighter than real life

IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

Pocket-bag was coming detached, got it patched while home. Forgot to ask her to patch over the little hole.

IMG_1043.JPG

Hm. Right leg looks dirtier than left. Weird.

IMG_1044.JPG

Love how the patch is fading

Also can just barely see the stitching of the inside-patch-job reinforcing my left-buttbone-area

IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1047.JPG

IMG_1049.JPG

Patch-love. Annoying how the little fold of patch-denim stick out over the tab.

IMG_1053.JPG

The upper block/crotch is becoming more patch than original denim.

I love the inside-stitching of my hand-done patch (left side in this photo)