SEXDBXS09 Contest Thread

iGIT

It's really cool how wearing the same exact denim for 365 days (more or less) can reap such dramatically different pairs. Some thrashed, some contrasted, some with all over fades.

The pure individuality of this contest as well as other denim contests define the reason to our obsession, if ever there was one.

heres my contribution to areas needing repair (crotch)

IMG_0717.jpg

its been repaired twice already, and one of those times was with this old thing

IMG_0673.jpg

and here are the jeans itself (2 soaks, 8 washes)

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

and no i dont have crabs or nething, the low rise and relative tightness of the top block makes me want to adjust myself, especially while skating.:o

love this!

dsc0383l.jpg

Also what do you keep back there?

I've got a couple spots that are gonna need repair soon (left front pocket and left knee), but I decided I'll wait until after the end of the contest. Also I won't have time before probably April. Hm.

2 weeks to go.

I had to wash a couple days ago, only 2 weeks since the previous wash 'cause they were FILTHY. Taking boda-boda's (motorbike taxis) all around town to meetings in the rain for a couple days did it, I suppose.

I had a funny conversation with one of my Uganda research team leaders yesterday:

George: "Where did you get your pants? They are so sharp! You dress very smartly."

Me: "Ah, thanks George. I brought them from the States."

George: "Are they Tommy Hilfiger?"

Me: "Uhh... no. They're made by a Japanese company, called Dry Bones."

George: "Oh.."

Me: "yeah, I need to do some patching soon" [indicating the growing hole on my left thigh]

George: "No! That's fashion!"

Ohhhh. All these years I've been so horribly misguided! Thanks George!

4401878704_6ef6421e44.jpg

4401879422_888622c66f.jpg

Some of the repairs done by Blue Owl Workshop (formerly Atsui)

2 crotch blowouts were waiting to happen. stitching all along the seam was fraying and tearing.

4401880064_85ab45045b.jpg

hems were being destroyed where the cuff is. basically only a few warp threads were left.

4401114893_3a4fa49791.jpg

I'm curious about how judging is gonna happen. My bet is that included in the $275 price tag was FREE SHIPPING BACK TO SELF EDGE! AND THEN BACK TO YOU! so that pictures can be taken in identical conditions for each pair, thereby ensuring the fairest possible judging.

Then Self Edge will fly me home to visit my family. And I'll start shitting pure gold. And it will rain chocolate and marshmallows. And unicorns will once more roam the earth.

I'm curious about how judging is gonna happen. My bet is that included in the $275 price tag was FREE SHIPPING BACK TO SELF EDGE! AND THEN BACK TO YOU! so that pictures can be taken in identical conditions for each pair, thereby ensuring the fairest possible judging.

Then Self Edge will fly me home to visit my family. And I'll start shitting pure gold. And it will rain chocolate and marshmallows. And unicorns will once more roam the earth.

I'll bring the beer and pizza.

You can repay me by shitting me a warm piece of gold.

Sounds like Meatwad's recollection of rainbows. Sorry, that's just horribly off-topic.

Guest Midnite8

Just met up with iGit, Ronson(hope you don't mind me telling everyone your name haha) at the mall today, kicked it at his work and got some frozen yogurt lol. Chill ass guy and dope ass SEXDBXS09, represent the Bay Area, and win this contest.

Guest Midnite8

Well I saw him and noticed his jeans when I went to the mall on Saturday and realized he was from here and remember the pictures of his jeans, so I messaged him and turns out I was correct. So I went to go say wsup today and see his jeans and he see my FH 3001s, and we kicked it and talked. We are friends now and realized we have a lot of people we know in common in where we live lol.

I'll bring the beer and pizza.

You can repay me by shitting me a warm piece of gold.

Deal.

But please, please make it an IPA, porter, ale or something with balls. I'm so damn sick of piss-beer lagers!

I wind up usually drinking this crap

2456874269_cc624d6913.jpg

because, though it tastes just as shitty/unexciting as all the other beers, at least it doesn't include sugar or maize as ingredients!

...speaking of off-topic...

Guest Midnite8

Lol when I told my girlfriend I was going to go meet up with a guy at a forum to see his jeans she was like... you better be care this sounds like a Predator thing lmao. Are only contenders allowed for the prize party? :D

Deal.

But please, please make it an IPA, porter, ale or something with balls. I'm so damn sick of piss-beer lagers!

I wind up usually drinking this crap

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3280/2456874269_cc624d6913.jpg

because, though it tastes just as shitty/unexciting as all the other beers, at least it doesn't include sugar or maize as ingredients!

...speaking of off-topic...

fck +1 im so tired of drinking cass and hite. fckin budweisers better than that shit.

that moonberg looks interesting tho. made in africa? cuz ive never had a beer made in africa.

yeah it's made in either Kenya or Uganda, not sure which. There are a bunch of Kenyan beers and a couple Uganda beers we get here, but most of them are made with maize and/or sugar. Sugar is used to just bump up the alcohol content a bit, and maize is cheaper than barley for use as the grain. But maize and sugar = shittier flavor and worse hangovers.

And Midnite/igit- good on you guys for not being afraid to take the step to the Real World.