SEXDBXS09 Contest Thread

iGIT

Mine aren't awesome either but it's the hardest I've ever worn a pair of jeans - having a competition deadline reminds me to put them on whenever I can.

Do all pictures have to be in by the first?

And Johnny, I'm in the same situation. Probably five months effective wear for me as well.

Nope. It was mentioned before:

Posting in here will be fine.

Start posting on April 1st.

anyone in the bay area wannna take pictures of my jeans for me? :)

I can't take Sidney Lo quality flicks but I do have a camera and will have a brand new one by the time of the SExSufu party on May 1st. Do you not have access to a camera? Sorry I have not been following the thread the last month so I prob missed this... Let me know.

I have a point and shoot, but it just doesn't capture the right color of my jeans the way a dslr does.

Haha, don't worry about it bud. I took some pics over spring break of my jeans which I'll post tomorrow, and it was so sunny in SoCal that it was real hard to capture the true color of the denim.

i think thats what kinda sucks about contests. cuz no matter what ur jeans look like, it doesnt mean nething if you cant take a good picture. the camera u have, the amount of post processing u do, and even where u live can greatly affect the final outcome of the pic. in so cal it was too sunny, where im at right now, korea, its cloudy as fck both really bad conditions to try and take pictures that are meant to be judged.

however i do realize this is the best way to judge a contest short of all of us sending in our jeans back to SE to be judged, so /shrug

btw i have no chance of hell of winning so i dont really care that i cant take a good pic, but it sucks for the people that do.

Hah, iGit if I was still in the Bay I'd be happy to have a little pants-picture-party. Funfortunately I can't really help you out!

I'd love to know how this "contest"/"judging" is actually gonna work. I suppose I should post up my pics today, since it's already April 1 where I'm at!

Well I'm up reading for my literature class right now(APRIL FOOLS, no but really I am... :( ) so I figured I'd take a break and post my jeans...I'm not sure how many pictures/details are needed...I might post two posts, sorry.

Used some Cane soap my friend gave me a while back

DSC02730.jpg

Hanging

DSC02775.jpg

Close up

DSC02790.jpg

Back

DSC02796.jpg

Back pocket

DSC02805.jpg

Detail shot of rep tab

DSC02809.jpg

Belt loop on the very back got wrecked

DSC02817.jpg

My poorly handsewn red tab

DSC02844.jpg

Patch was protected / worn down a bit by the belt

DSC02852.jpg

Some of the pics may be over exposed due to the brightness in SoCal over spring break...but I tried to keep the jeans not overexposed, it's mostly the white backgrounds. I'm gonna post up fit pics.

Fit. My friend took the pics and he wasn't used to my camera...the first one is a bit overexposed background wise but it best represents the real color of my jeans.

Front.

DSC02926.jpg

Normal front.

DSC02933.jpg

Side.

DSC02936.jpg

Back.

DSC02937.jpg

Bonus pic of the DBs with my friend's 3sixteens.

DSC02884.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your pics!

You've washed those a ton, haven't you? Either way, they're super dope!

I should take pictures of mine, although I don't really consider myself as being in the contest, and they're nowhere near that level.

Just need to borrow a digital camera from somewhere.

The journey has ended for this pair (or maybe just begun?). It's been an epic year in my life and this pair has been through literally all of it, save maybe a couple days for soaking and washing. I'm really proud of what came out of it, and to me, that's more important than anything else. Thanks for the support guys.

4481387268_2bf02ab1d1_b.jpg

4480739377_d6f02b0d6f.jpg

4480740717_0f022d9e5b.jpg

4481391344_48c0986bde.jpg

4481393442_5f10d9c621_b.jpg

It's interesting to think about the year that these suckers have lived with me. When I picked them up from Self Edge a year ago, I was freshly back from two months of travel in Southeast Asia, recently graduated, and completely unemployed for the first time in my life. I managed to pick up my old restaurant job while I spent almost the next 6 months job-hunting. Six of the most frustrating months of my life...

In those 6 months I...

almost got 2 jobs in San Francisco

almost got a job in Honduras

got sprayed by a skunk

almost got a job in Sierra Leone

almost got a job in Ghana

bought a plane ticket to move to Washington D.C. since I thought it would facilitate the job-hunt

And finally I was offered my current job. I canceled my D.C. plane ticket, bought a new one to Uganda, and here I am.

I've never worked as hard in my life as I have these past 6 months. The SExDBxS09s have been covered in Kampalan exhaust, Ugandan dirt and equatorial thundershowers. And they've crossed the Atlantic 3 times!

They've been a second skin in more ways than one.

And so, in the words of Kiya: BOOMTIME:

I took photos in a variety of lighting conditions because I figured it would give the best overall picture of how they look in the flesh.

IMG_0589.jpg

sun

IMG_1186.JPG

shade

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

all above are indoor, indirect sunlight

IMG_0594.jpg

CombsSideLeft10.jpg

I have worn my jeans for around 9 months and it is now that I really start to enjoy them. I have machine washed them 3 times in luke warm water to prevent shrink and fade and it has worked out ok. These jeans haven't been in Africa just yet but they have at least followed me over the Atlantic a couple of times. I will wear them over the summer before it is time to start to break in my Flat Head F310. Have fun.

image13.jpg

image14.jpg

Thanks for the comments on the photography. I've always played with ways to present them the best way. You can see that i basically cropped it out off of a white background so that you won't be distracted with things in the back or whatnot.

My next pair, whatever they may be, I''m going to attempt to take the same picture for every month of wear, so I can put together a really solid evolution comparison. Hopefully it'll work.