Varsity Jackets

down4nyhc

do you have pix to show the contrast between the beige and white for the sleeves/buttons?

Here's the white leather vs the beige. Always hard to gauge the color of beige in digital camera pics so take this is approximate. It's very light butter/natural colored, hardly any yellow tone. The snaps of course are matching, they were coated on order to match the leather samples.

Under you can see the rest of the sample textiles.

140dzy0.jpg

If you're smart about it you can actually make "The Temple of Jawnz" a brand and maybe hook up with some boutique and make mad guap, if you havent thought about it already...

Dude, the Temple of Jawnz IS your friendly neighborhood jawnz label. Temple of Jawnz jawnz will be available in bulk order for shop stock shortly.

I forgot to mention, ladies, the TOJ loves you too, so if you want a piece, we're down.

i was just about to say! i've been looking for a simple varsity jacket for a few years now, all i found in the past was rocawear, married to the mob, and harajuku lovers. i would seriously be down for a TOJ varsity jacket.

too bad i already can't bear more than a mere tee (heat) because i'd have loved one of those. will buy on supermarket this winter.

btw temple of jawnz could be translated "temple des fringues" in french, sounds cool.

Buy 2 dawg, one to stock, one to rock. TOJ custom orders will probably end once the trial period ends and it hits real stores, BTW.

The TOJ production varsity is suited for summer night wear, it's hot here too but I will be wearing mine at night.

Well, I did it. TOJ Varsity:

Cashmere body, lambskin sleeves, cotton shirting body lining, herringbone silk sleeve lining. Foldback cuffs and collar. (sorry if the coloring got messed up, these pics are off FB. It's black and cream if you can't tell.)

Squared, fitted body, slim but not skinny. Wide shouldered, sleeves that fall off squarely from the shoulders and fall straight down. Closed, it stays trim, open, the natural springiness of the bottom banding allow the neckline to grace your collarbone and the bottoms to move outward toward the waist, making a nice shape.

n15904009_42350572_4070683.jpg

Back sleeve detail, 3-piece lambskin. Subtly curved to 'flatten' under it's own weight and look slim from front and back, natural from the side to allow for a variety of arms. 1 long piece from the outside, 2 small pieces on the inner side of the arm, like a traditional varsity.

n15904009_42350573_918917.jpg

Interior details. Interior pocket flashed in wool, blue cotton shirting body linging, grey herringbone pure silk sleeve lining.

4621_741173764830_15904009_42350574_6773839_n.jpg

fit pics to follow shortly...

damn that is nice, i had a dream about it the other night, looked a bit different. but this piece is definately of superior quality. the pictures make it looks like navy/white which looks really sick, i'm considering it in that combo. i really want to cop dis

i'm a bit embarrassed asking this, but how do i properly size on a varsity? like any other light jacket? or do i need to consider something special?

The one that is pictured is a true 46, with slightly long sleeves for a little leather stackage on the wrist, which I like.

I've cut it naturally, it's not Dior Homme unforgiving, it's a natural 46, it will stay with you for awhile. It's not a traditional varsity fit either, this is much more fashion forward, so while the sleeves aren't going to be constricting tight on anyone but kunk, they will have a nice relaxed fall down the arms and not look way big.

It's really hot here today ,so I can't really tell how light/heavy this thing is, but it turned out just as I'd envisioned it, it looks (and even smells!) great in person. Really proud of it and glad I spent the time searching for everything to the last bit and not substituting.

No sample of that right now (maybe tomorrow since I'm fabric shopping again), but it's as you would imagine. I would consider it on the sportier side of the house, though it'd work with pure white sleeves and be what you want. I'm really really picky about sheen and overall look when it comes to textiles and favor the natural.

I personally like the solid, just because it works with the cream, and theres the option of narrow rib or fat 1cm rib.

No sample of that right now (maybe tomorrow since I'm fabric shopping again), but it's as you would imagine. I would consider it on the sportier side of the house, though it'd work with pure white sleeves and be what you want. I'm really really picky about sheen and overall look when it comes to textiles and favor the natural.

I personally like the solid, just because it works with the cream, and theres the option of narrow rib or fat 1cm rib.

I definately like the look of what you posted up, although you can't really tell that the arms are cream so I can't get a handle on how much I like it. It's definately up in air between what you posted, pure white arms with striped ribbing, and navy/cream, do you have a sample of the navy (i think you mentioned the navy material is wool?)