Varsity Jackets

down4nyhc

I think the powers that be are telling me that TOJ jacket discussion is off limits now, so I will be talking about it on the TOJ's group page from now on. Everything else we can discuss here.

I am Indy, winq is that asian kid, Jane is the white girl, mrip is the 'golli mah!' dude.

5/21 progress report on TOJ varsity: closer everyday, but i'm just having a hard time finding ribbing. Once I can get a proper ribbing supply, then I can finalize body colors and the colorway will take shape. I asked some people and looked around, and am going out in a second for what is hopefully the last time, and then we're in production.

Cream snaps were custom ordered in ivory enamel to match my leather sample yesterday, pick up today. Also had my own white snaps made because I think mine will look better than the sample's, so whether i go beige or white sleeves, both jackets will have the custom snaps.

are there any options of other colorways at this point?

Alright, good news, I am now in possession of all the stuff to make 2 different colored samples of THE ULTIMATE VARSITY, I am not sure if I will make 1 or 2 but there will be something to show you guys this weekend (!!!)

I have learned my way around the wholesale markets and now know pretty much everything about everything, I literally sweated it out for 3 days in a row but it's been rewarding...

and I can now pretty much do all kinds of colors on this thing because of it, and many a jawn to come in the future as well.

I know you wanted black/black chingon, so that is definitely doable at this point.

Body colors available for sure, iniitially:

-black cashmere (soft as hell!) I'm making my own personal jacket out of this

-varsity blood red wool melton (darker than bright red with a bit of heather in it) Melton has a slight nylon content that you can't see that adds durability and a bit of weatherproofing.

-traditional navy

-medium charcoal heather

Lambskin Sleeves: (this shit is butter soft)

-pure white

-beige

-custom colors, subject to price and availability. I tried looking for some aniline dyed stuff and I think it's there but didn't have tons of time. They do have some Rick-style grey washed aniline hides, stuff like that.

Trim:

-Solid for most anything, micro rib or wide rib (depends color to color)

-double striped for basic colors, no foldback cuffs or collar

-white background red/blue stripe, kind of Thom Browne-y

Fastening:

-white snaps

-beige snaps to match the sleeves

-any color snap is possible, I have to run up a custom order on those though and it costs $10 for the coating service.

-polished bone buttons (add $5)

I'm gonna wait and discuss the finer points of the cut until the sample is ready to show, but the pattern is quite nice, i cut it myself. :)

Hang tight...

It's not made yet du. The pattern is built for a 46 though.

I forgot the bad news (convenient huh) because I was excited about all the good news....

After costing all my materials and manufacturing labor, the price is gonna have to go up a lil, to $225 per. As long as you aren't Shaq, there is no surcharge for big sizes, unless you require insanely long sleeves which might pose a problem because of the size of lambskin hides. Figure that part out later I guess, but yeah $225 is the new magic number to get Cashmere body/lambskin sleeves/silk and cotton lining.

Compared to sample V.1, this new V.2 is gonna blow it and every other varsity out there out of the water.

We're ready on Monday, the 25th, if everything goes to plan. Interested parties, please prepare to bring a great varsity jacket and bit of the Temple of Jawnz into your lives.