Left Field Jeans

scotty2

The Greaser trifecta is complete - ordered some Candiani Heavy Nep Greasers from Mutiny DC, during their recent sale.  From the pictures I've seen (thanks EmperorSE!), they have a ton of character, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they age.

Hope everybody has a good Super Bowl Sunday.  I'm lounging around in my 13 oz Cone Greasers.

Well, well, well look who it is LOL.  Emperor, I'm sorry to make you wait.  overexposed1 said your post had a direct "plz" in it so he gave me a call.  I've been incredibly preoccupied and I do apologize.  We did take a batch of photos of a bunch of stuff, including the sweats.

There are some serious contenders here!  You guys have really done awesome work on your sweats.  Mine are nowhere near, and even if they were, I would have tough time qualifying myself due to my negligence of updates!!!

We really went to town on these, adding pockets, belt loops, transferring the patch, and fixing a hole.  There is one belt loop left to add.  Also, there is one final touch which is proving to be quite labor intensive and is still in progress.  

The fabric is ALL original Left Field indigo terry and the pockets themselves are templated from Left Field!

16235068930_fe8a1327b0_b.jpg

15802430313_fa49ecd680_b.jpg

16236250389_3c3859f6b6_b.jpg

15802426193_4b4bcbc99b_b.jpg

16236575807_71fbe4b9dd_b.jpg

16236569057_3a5706f8fe_b.jpg

16235071020_6e3c5843f7_b.jpg

@Engineer05- Glad you got in on that sale. Great deals. I almost purchased a pair of the Black Maria's. The temptation is real.

@jyoni- Wow they look amazing. I love the modifications. Keep wearing them man!

@jortslife your sweats are looking awesome! I wish i could meet up and help you take more pics in front of more minivans...too bad

@jyoni those are some crazy mods! I had thought to myself how cool it'd be to add belt loops or back pockets but I kinda let the idea fizzle out after I started wearing them a bunch. Very cool that you have changed them so much. I'd love to see a fit photo with a belt and everything once that last belt loop is on. 

Thank you guys, we appreciate the excitement and positive responses. We've put a lot of hard work and time into all of this which hopefully shows in our work.

@formula pfaff It's funny you mention the fact of adding a belt because we actually have a belt made with the LF NYC material already. Jyoni and I are working on getting the rest photos up as soon as possible

Thanks to the turn signal lever on my car about a week ago I had the unfortunate experience of ripping open the right pocket on my sweats.

I caught my pocket on this guy while getting into my car...
K2cDvmFl.jpg

And ended up with this inch long rip along the top of the pocket.

VtGfAcsl.jpg

And this smaller rip along the bottom. This is my first time trying to repair anything on my own, so I was pretty nervous I'd just make it worse trying to mess with it. 

4uWAqF6l.jpg

I laid out some different thread options to compare and tried my best to match the color with what i had.

htsp2X6l.jpg

So here's the top of the pocket after I did a kind of x-pattern whipstitch back and forth a few times. It's not very good, But for my first time I was reasonably pleased since it felt secure. Because they are so stretchy, it was difficult for me having to align both the jersey and the terry fabrics together as i stitched. There's definitely some puckering at the end of the repair, but oh well.

BhYUlsQl.jpg

Here is the bottom after i did the same type of stitch. This one looks way better, probably because it was not the first repair and because the rip was much shorter. 

ZGSSM9jl.jpg

Here's how it looks from my view while wearing them. It's not a pretty repair, but my shirt covers it up most of the time anyways. 

CiQCXZdl.jpg

And another side view of it. 

gXJSPEul.jpg

Nice to see the flurry of activity on the sweat post, 26 days left and counting! Love the customization Jyoni, reminds me of old school fashion back in the day were people modified their clothes to make them one offs and super stylee. So to clarify is overexposed doing the handy work? 

nice fades on the cuffs Jortslife.

I have a few yards of fabric I used for shrink test here which is available in smaller pieces for paid shipping. 

Black Blue and I will be voting separately so opens up the contest to 6 prizes.  Keep posting participation is a factor. 

@formula solid repairs for a first timer! Way better than I could ever do.

Here are some pictures from last week while shoveling:

Lol

vnofKSg.jpg

bleq1Si.jpg

I'll be sure to take some more pictures towards the end of the month. 

Nice to see the flurry of activity on the sweat post, 26 days left and counting! Love the customization Jyoni, reminds me of old school fashion back in the day were people modified their clothes to make them one offs and super stylee. So to clarify is overexposed doing the handy work? 

nice fades on the cuffs Jortslife.

I have a few yards of fabric I used for shrink test here which is available in smaller pieces for paid shipping. 

Black Blue and I will be voting separately so opens up the contest to 6 prizes.  Keep posting participation is a factor. 

Thanks for the high compliment, Christian!  To answer you, what we like to do is trade stuff off and both work on the same piece.  Emperor's scenario is quite an exception for us actually because of a "conflict of interest."  It's nice to see the work out there on instagram and reddit.

And on that note, I appreciate all the kind words from everybody but please understand that overexposed1 deserves full and equal credit as well and should receive recognition through rep and compliments.

I love seeing the repairs you guys have done!  Don't fault yourself so much on the work because they look great.  It's nice to see this type of stuff emerging as a steeze.

Well, well, well look who it is LOL.  Emperor, I'm sorry to make you wait.  overexposed1 said your post had a direct "plz" in it so he gave me a call.  I've been incredibly preoccupied and I do apologize.  We did take a batch of photos of a bunch of stuff, including the sweats.

There are some serious contenders here!  You guys have really done awesome work on your sweats.  Mine are nowhere near, and even if they were, I would have tough time qualifying myself due to my negligence of updates!!!

We really went to town on these, adding pockets, belt loops, transferring the patch, and fixing a hole.  There is one belt loop left to add.  Also, there is one final touch which is proving to be quite labor intensive and is still in progress.  

The fabric is ALL original Left Field indigo terry and the pockets themselves are templated from Left Field!

Alright these are sick!  John - I owe you an email dude.  I have been meaning to post an update for a while now.  Believe Christian said before, but I moved out to California a few months ago, and am no longer involved with the day to day at LF.  I'm living out on a ranch now and taking care of horses.

Anyway - here are the pictures.  Still wearing these all the time.

IConaf7.jpg

zfATWDa.jpg

QLZ84lJ.jpg

vkGMxci.jpg

Mp9xw8H.jpg

Happy Sunday LF dudes.  Keep it green.

@pepperdavies Wow! Great job on your sweats. Definitely RawrDenim Fade Friday worthy. Hope all is well.

Sup pepperdavies!  Long time no see buddy!!!  Those sweats are intense...very very nice work.  The whole fade structure is really impressive but I especially love how your hem work is panning out so beautifully with the roping.  No worries on the email, just wanted to check up on you and say hi.

werd, those are truly some remarkable chinos.

Quick question on the tees. I know they shrink but the measurements for the Medium look good as is, would it be worth it to go up one more size or would it stretch out a bit?

Also, hoping not to step on some toes, is it possible to request to put the embroideries on the front for a tube shirt when checking out? LOVING the smoking skull one and would definitely cop one asap if it was on the front.

Edited by ALB

Quick question on the tees. I know they shrink but the measurements for the Medium look good as is, would it be worth it to go up one more size or would it stretch out a bit?

Also, hoping not to step on some toes, is it possible to request to put the embroideries on the front for a tube shirt when checking out? LOVING the smoking skull one and would definitely cop one asap if it was on the front.

I picked up a pack of L black tees a week or two ago. After a cold wash + a couple minutes in the dryer just to get some of the water out of them before hang drying, they didn't seem to shrink anywhere near a full size. They snugged up a little, but if I had gone to an XL I certainly would have to try and hot dry them I think. Time will tell if they shrink more with more washes. Hopefully somebody else can chime in!

@alb i wear a large and stretch it out. The size specs on our site are for after cold wash, full hot dry. Hot dry is ok and it's expected based on the extra shrink % we added to compensate for it. We can do the embroidery on the front just purchase online and make note on the notes section.  

FYI if you're lady or boy needs a Valentines gift for you and you wouldn't think of spending $$$$ on skivies Choctaw is 15% off code LOVERS15 on www.leftfieldnyc.com

Got my Heavy Nep Greasers today from Mutiny DC.  Fit and quality are spot on, per usual.  My initial impression is the Candiani 14 oz Heavy Nep fabric is very soft, with a good amount of hair and nep.  Any idea how these will fade?

Looking forward to bringing these on my biz trip next week.

@alb i wear a large and stretch it out. The size specs on our site are for after cold wash, full hot dry. Hot dry is ok and it's expected based on the extra shrink % we added to compensate for it. We can do the embroidery on the front just purchase online and make note on the notes section.  

FYI if you're lady or boy needs a Valentines gift for you and you wouldn't think of spending $$$$ on skivies Choctaw is 15% off code LOVERS15 on www.leftfieldnyc.com

Yesssss. Thanks for the info and just copped the shirt now.

Got my Heavy Nep Greasers today from Mutiny DC.  Fit and quality are spot on, per usual.  My initial impression is the Candiani 14 oz Heavy Nep fabric is very soft, with a good amount of hair and nep.  Any idea how these will fade?

Looking forward to bringing these on my biz trip next week.

My only long-term experience with heavy nep is the Ooe-Yofukuten #44.  I don't think it's possible to draw too many comparisons across different fabrics, but one thing I did notice that may be characteristic of nep is that a lot of the nep vanished with hard wear.  Even in darker pools of less wear it is all but gone.

***edit, it wasn't a bad thing and was an interesting process to witness.

Edited by jyoni