supernerds: MTG discussion, vintage type two legacy you name it.

sawn-off chef

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lands

16 plains

04 rustic clachan

04 windbrisk heights

Creatures

04 figure of destiny

04 knight of meadowgrain

04 wizened cenn

03 goldmeadow stalwart

03 ranger of eos

01 burrenton forge-tender

Spells

04 spectral procession

04 path to exile

02 oblivion ring

Plainswalker

03 ajani goldmane

Side

04 stillmoon cavalier

02 oblivion ring

03 burrenton forge-tender

my kithkin white weenie so far. need to throw 4 cards main deck and fill my sideboard out :D

that deck has tons of jank in it.

more like this:

Creatures

2 Broodmate Dragon

2 Cloudthresher

4 Mulldrifter

3 Plumeveil

Other Spells

3 Broken Ambitions

4 Cryptic Command

4 Esper Charm

1 Courier's Capsule

2 Path To Exile

1 Terror

3 Volcanic Fallout

1 Ajani Vengeant

2 Cruel Ultimatum

2 Wrath Of God

Lands

3 Island

2 Cascade Bluffs

2 Flooded Grove

2 Mystic Gate

4 Reflecting Pool

1 Sunken Ruins

2 Vivid Crag

4 Vivid Creek

2 Vivid Marsh

4 Vivid Meadow

this is the list pat chapin played at some PT.

damn yo

is that type 2?

fucking mana bases these days :mad:

i wasn't calling you a hypebeast, i was referring to the forum itself. also, i was merely asking why you preferred it over type one, to each their own.

what you said and meant come out completely different then.

there's a certain challenge with type 2 in that they're you're restricted with a couple of sets. type 1 is basically, whoever could afford power 9 will have the most dominant deck.

what you said and meant come out completely different then.

there's a certain challenge with type 2 in that they're you're restricted with a couple of sets. type 1 is basically, whoever could afford power 9 will have the most dominant deck.

false. you have not played t1 in a competitive environment.

being fully powered is pretty much a requirement though because otherwise everyone else will just outrace you

the thing is that most t1 players have had all the restricted cards for years, so the barriers to entry are quite high, and getting higher every year

i have to disagree money tuff, nowadays most people don't even play sanctioned type one, they play ten proxy so they can have power, it even the playing field, and i only started playing magic around darksteel anyway and i still played type one.

I like extended the best, it's just the perfect length for games where aggro decks can end games turn 2-4 (depending on aggro or aggro-combo like elves), combo can end about the same, but there are also the control decks that have longer games, which is what I like. Last PTQ I played Doran which was midrange GWB aggro, fun deck to play.

Scott is right, if you think otherwise you haven't really played T1 competitively.

10 proxy is standard, that enough to play pretty much anything but Drain on the same budget as one season of type 2. Most restricted cards costs ~$10. And you only need one of them. If you go 2 colors, Force of Will, duals and fetch lands will be the only expensive part, and that's pretty comparable to t2 now looking at the ridiculous mana bases and the cost of stupid chase rares that will suck in the near future.

So, it's really less about how much $ you put in than T2 is. If you were to argue that it's pretty much based on the coinflip, it's getting harder and harder to deny that. But it's certainly not about money.

It's been a while since I've played, but goblins have always been a staple. My friend played a RW aggro that was very good. UW control and some hightide control deck were popular. I played affinity/control and combo. Suiblack showed up occasionally. There were a few other bizarre ass decks too. The majority of decks are aggro or a mix of aggro/control like Thresh.

Legacy was hardly slow. Even control decks clock quickly compared to t2 or extended.

1.5 is legacy right? My friend played a mono black deck with a lot of disruption, don't know the exact list. I threw together a proxied version of hulk flash when it was legal (retarded deck btw) to mess around with but other than that I have no 1.5 experience.

Hulkflash was stupid. We had one guy play it as well as perfect storm and other shit combo decks. Legacy combo decks are all pretty lame because everyone runs some sort of disruption either maindeck or combo-specific disruption in the sideboard.

I played U/W aggro control in Legacy. I hate Goblins so much. So annoying in every format. Combo pretty much sucked because all the good stuff was gone but the good control stuff was legal.

And I say Legacy is slow because I also think t2 and extended are slow; I'm used to t1 only.

What happened to Hulkflash? I haven't been too up on the banned/restricted list lately. I'm guessing flash is banned and/or re-errataed?

Lol, never would have tought to see this thread on sufu..

Well i used to play alot when i was like 15. I used to have some pretty good cards and did o.k on finnish turneys. After that have just been playing some legacy,draft ect with old mtg friends. Pretty "proud"(lol) to say that i have been playing alot legacy with Antti Malin, the current world champion. we have a one legacy turney a month here in helsinki.

I play legacy with angel stompy and bolt(only decks i own + old school rock).

I have been planning on coming to NYC sometime to shop n stuff (never been to US), would be cool to play some mtg while being there :)

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

my main collection (teaser photo). Basically only the cards of worth, have a box or two of generally useless cards/lands/ineffective nothings.

3358490631_02cdee2010.jpg

two of the three deck boxes are custom and one is sealed Apocalypse. Probably the last time I was given/bought Magic cards.

Please tell me they're in deckprotectors in there or some shit if they've got any value... You're making my geekheart cry...

also: played some lighthearted tribal with friends today. straight ballin.

then we tore apart some racks of pbr and raged.

now: to watch this fight science I've been hearing so much about.

Probably

But.... I kinda wanna hold onto it for nostalgic purposes... some of my happier days of childhood were spent playing MtG and all those cards mean a shitload to me, actually. I mean, considering comics dating back to the 60's, 70's, and 80's, which I also have a shitload of are worth next to nothing as well (believe me, I sell comics for pocket money and I barely make anything), I doubt MtG cards will sell for that much as it stands.

E:

Love of my life -

eukdts.jpg

played fnm last weekend for shits and giggles. went shitty 3-2 with bw tokens.

round one played some kid who was really bad playing 5c control, watched him make many mistakes in other rounds too, kid ripped like a champ though, game one rips fallout when I have win on the board, game 2 I smash him, game 3 rip 2 fallout 1 infest.

round two I play one of the top players in vermont, lost 0-2 to kithkin, then rounds 3-5 i beat some guy playing rb demigod, some guy playing 5c planeswalkers, and one of the top vt players playing ancient ziggaraut creatures deck. which would be my deck of choice, seems mad fun. I love the decks that can play 30+ creatures and still be competitive.