Robert Geller Fall 2009

mouko

here is what i got from Blackbird:

Fencing 46

pit to pit - 19

shoulders - 16

seam to cuff - 24.5

i was told blackbird's e-store model is wearing a 46.

blog pics are from Geller, just like on Mouko's blog.

he said the Geller models all wear 48.

Weird that does make it out to be a 48 o_O I don't get it.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here, they're slim fitting, but the p2p measurements have always seemed generous, a size-up even. Probably just to give a bit more range of motion. They still fit fine everywhere else.

Can't wait for some of the more colourful pieces to start making their way into stores around here, want to see how it translates in person.

^Thanks for the info; MMMMMMMEH selection.

Mouko: I have a question I'm hoping you can field. Just picked up the Geller smoking/lounging suit. The jacket in a 46 feels like it was cut for me. Broad shoulders but impossibly slim arms and very slim body.

The pants though. The pants baffle me - why is the rear rise so big?? I picked up the only pair I found available, size 44, and while the legs are incredibly slim the rear rise is HUGE. Pulled up to where suit trousers should be worn the rear rise still has a good 4-5". You can see in the pictures from the link that it's not just a one-time error. I was considering holding out for a 46 in the pants because of the slim legs but that would've put the rear rise midway down my thigh. I have to believe this was a conscious design choice, but why??

So far the selection is pretty small at the online spots (Hejfina/Blackbird/Gravitypope). I'm hoping to grab the magenta (dark pink?) corduroy jeans. Has anyone seen them hit stores yet?

haven;t seen those yet only seen the Kaiser pant and the regular cords and jeans

haven't seen those yet.

how did the size 46 fencing shirt work out?

The 46 is a little big on me :( I'm debating whether to have it tailored or try to return it and do the 44. Really want to go try one on but I don't know of any stores in NYC that have received their shipments yet. Bummmmmer.

The 46 is a little big on me :( I'm debating whether to have it tailored or try to return it and do the 44. Really want to go try one on but I don't know of any stores in NYC that have received their shipments yet. Bummmmmer.

whats the measurements on the 46?

so I received the Hooded Bomber jacket in size 52. I am not at home and my mom opened the parcel and told me the jacket is her size, especially at shoulder !I am like 8inches/20cm taller than her...LOL and I am afraid at the same time....is the sizing smaller than before ?

f_ssncly44qs4m_3629524.jpg

f_ssncly44qs4m_87475d1.jpg

In any case the zipper is very difficult to open....damn, that's a recurrent problem on RG pieces ! I have 2 jackets and 1 bag and all have this problem - it just sucks.