Asking a girl out.

weirdnjfan1

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Above post and this..

i just cough and throw my car keys on the ground then ask if they like Audi.

Best advice in the thread. You just can't buy help like that.

But as others have said, you need to not be insecure, your question of "hang out sometime and maybe have a coffee or something" is the epitome of that. Ask her to hang out, do something you normally do, don't make her out to be the focal point of the event, make it like "I'm doing my thing and your tagging along". Girls need a leader not a pussy fart.

Above post and this..

Best advice in the thread. You just can't buy help like that.

But as others have said, you need to not be insecure, your question of "sometime having coffee or something" is the epitome of that. Ask her to hang out, do something you normally do, don't make her out to be the focal point of the event, make it like "I'm doing my thing and your tagging along". Girls need a leader not a pussy fart.

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FRIENDLESS VIRGIN, GOD FUCKING DAMNIT WE ALL HATE YOU KID. LIKE YOU'VE HAD A GIRLFRIEND, GET FUCKED AND LEFT FOR DEAD WITH THE RATS.

EDIT: good looks handle.

i just cough and throw my car keys on the ground then ask if they like Audi.

most of the time, the middle school ones ask for rides. the older ones just plain cant handle their liquor / wine coolers

Ditto, but substitute Audi with Saab. Or, substitute car keys with dick. Pull it out at an appropriate moment and ask if they like it. Can't go wrong. (4)

Seriously though, NOOOOOOOO to coffee. You'll never get ass that way, that's for sure. "Coming on too strong" refers to you not wanting her to think you're desperate for a girlfriend. Chicks don't like those guys. They subconsciously want a guy who believes they deserve some ass... if hanging out with the intentions to/subtext of hooking up leads to a relationship, that's cool. But to ask to get coffee with her reeks of fear. Make your intentions clear, as long as you play it cool. Watching a movie at your place is infinitely better.

To be honest though, this reminds me of the SAT questions where all 4 options make sense, but the correct answer is "not enough information". I think we need to know a bit more about you and her to offer useful advice. How old are you guys? Are you friends? etc.

Some good tips have already been said but to break it down for all you ugly nerdy gooks...

1) Try to make the first meeting/date a night date which involves alcohol.

2) Invite her into your "world", don't ask her out. Inform her that you are doing/going so-and-so and she should come, etc... Make the date for yourself and invite her along.

*This is really a mindset you need to establish for yourself in general. People with strong interests, hobbies, and identities naturally pull others into their world and they become attractive like a magnet. Men who are good with women naturally do this so the idea of "asking a women on a date" is pretty foreign to them because women naturally want to spend time with them and be in their lives. It comes from an "abundance" principle towards life in general. You need to adopt a similiar mindset: Are you an interesting person? What makes your interesting? Cultivating your own personality and identity is probably the first necessary step towards being good with people in general (not just women).

3) Don't be outcome dependent. If she rejects you, just smile and imply its her loss (non-verbally!). *Try to never verbalize disappointment / disatification with a woman. Besides, since you are doing something for yourself anyway, it really is her loss.

4) If no counter-offer, wait a couple weeks and try again if you want.

its better to come on too strong (as long as ur not a creep) than do some weak half ass date.

u wanna send a clear message but not set the expectations too high.

shitttt the harder part is finding a girl worth asking out, now that u did that part this shouldn't be too bad for you man. just do it , if she wants to hang out she'll find a reason to say yes even if your execution is flawed

I'm playing with the idea of asking a girl to hang out just as friends, maybe possibly more down the line. However, I don't want to feel like I'm coming on a little too strong.

With that mindset you've already failed, she'll just think of you as a friend, there will never be a "possibly more down the line", you have to make up your mind.

As mentioned before by others, forget coffee, you really need to take her out to a place with alcohol, because that will help things to go along smoothly. Other than that you can take her ice-skating, swimming, dancing etc. something that will require you and her to keep in physical contact, because that is important to help you send the necessary signals.

You shouldn't be worried about "coming on too strong", you have to be a little bit pushy, or else you'll never get anywhere.

If you know her well already, then I think JoyDiffusion made a valid point, just invite her over for a film, she'll know right away.