dear ... [an open letter]

haptronic

Dear anonymous,

What the fuck is wrong with you? You are the craziest bitch I've ever met, and I don't understand why you found it necessary to do what you did -- not only to me, but to other people involved. What the fuck was going through your mind? Actually, I don't even want to know. You caused me to have an incredibly horrible night full of unneeded frustration and confusion during a weekend that I should've devoted to sleeping and studying. I don't understand how any person could be fucked up enough to think the way you acted is acceptable in any way whatsoever. Grow the fuck up. You suck at life, and I would prefer if you never contact me again.

W

• 4 weeks later...

dear dr _______,

can you please PLEASE PLEASE use the same name when referring the same enzyme? I mean seriously, would it kill you to rearrange your notes so I CAN ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND THEM without having to virtually re-type them myself? Amido-PRPP-Transferase should be known as just that.

p.s. thanks for shaving the beard. I don't think you can pull off the vintage americana/lumberjack steeze all that well.

dear HW

you drive me absolutely crazy and i wish i was able to think clearly around you. i love doing whatever it is that we do and maybe it could work if this were simpler. i know we're close friends but because we're single, it's hard to see anything very clearly. but, you're also not as close as i wish... you keep so much to yourself, trying to hide flaws and weaknesses. i want so badly to know what's behind that smile, what you're thinking behind those eyes. it makes me nervous that i have grown so attached to you and yet you know so much about me whereas i seemingly know nothing. i think that's what gets me so...anxious, for lack of a better word, because i don't really anything about you. i do remember everything you say but i never feel like i'm really learning about you. i don't know what makes you happy, what makes you sad, anything but what you tell me. you make it so hard to even think about asking, let alone getting an actual answer. nothing you say will ever push me away or change my opinion of you. i don't want to make assumptions about you so i know i can be very forward and downright ignorant but it's not that i don't have good intentions. i do try and look out for you but how am i supposed to do that if you won't let anybody help? you don't always have to be tough, let me in so i can be there for you.

love always,

bobby

ps.

you really are my kryptonite.

Dear Hometown -

Please, stop sucking so bad at life, culture, music, etc. You're an embarrassment to yourself and the world as whole, and you make me want to tell people I live 100 miles away from where I actually reside to escape the almost guaranteed chuckle and eye-roll.

Hummer.jpg

yeah, there's TapOut stickers on the front and back windows. Obviously.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Dear Dad,

Can't wait to come kick it with you in China! Sucks I won't see you for fathers day but I'll make up for it with my greatest fathers day present ever - Stub Hub gc.. You're so killer, I wish I had the passion for woodworking/bike riding/CAD that you do. You've taught me how to laugh at myself and always be goofy, I'm secretly happy I look more like you than mom. The downside of that is I'm tall like you, which makes me unable to wear heels but that's ok - you raised me like a boy anyway. Thanks for teaching me to be tough but compassionate, truthful but kind. You've ALWAYS been there through all the stupid stupid things I've done and I'm really sorry for putting you through all that. I really deserved and needed boarding school - thanks for that too.

love,

Ralex

p.s.

sucks I'm getting your tremors already and I hope yours get fixed soon!

Dear Jean,

It's been a long time. I shouldn't have left you.. without a dope beat to step to...step to..step to. But seriously, it's been awhile. I'm still missing you and Angela. I'm not sure if you'll still be attending CC in the Fall, but I just wanted to write you. I can't believe the first half of 2011 is almost over. I don't know...a lot has happened. Personally, I thought Spring Semester was a solid one. I took three tough classes in Speech, Physiology, and English . I passed all of them and I guess the best thing about it was that I was blessed with good classmates. They were very encouraging and positive. Physio was the hardest for me, but I managed to walk away with a B. I was at a 79% going into the final, but I guess I did good enough on the last exam. For speech, I can't believe I actually got up six times to speak to the class by myself. For the final, I chose to give a tribute to Boyz II Men, and sang the starting verse from my favorite song by them , Water Runs Dry. It turned out okay...For English, I got a B as well. I had to do a 10-page research paper. I survived it.

Anyway, that was my Spring semester and I hope yours went well. You seemed focused most of the time, but at the same time there was a hint of uncertainty and sadness in your eyes. I hope through dancing, you can continue to be happy. I haven't seen Angela in awhile and I hope the both of you keep in touch. She seems awesome and fun to be with. Well I guess the big news so far is that I got my second job. I've been waiting for this for awhile. When I had my first job around 2-3 years ago, I did bad in school and my grades were low. But after a year and half, I've improved somewhat. It feels good, but I guess the thing that worries me is if I will fall into that problem again. I will be taking tougher classes this time around. Will I find the time study? The job is a night shift into early morning sometimes. We'll see what happens. I just have to stay positive. But I guess the one thing I am happy about is that this job allows me to do some small things I have been yearning to do. I've been wanting to help others secretly.

For example, a while ago I would leave lotto scratchers in sealed envelopes on random cars at the college parking lot with post-its reading God Bless...Sometimes, I'd just put a $5 dollar bill in an envelope. I'd leave fives around random cubicles at the college library. It's just something I'd like to do. One thing I want to do is to go through a fast food drive thru and just pay for the vehicle behind me. I know the cashier will most likely give me a strange look, but I just want to do it. It would be nice to make someone's day like that. You know Jean, I've been wondering about karma and how when you do something bad to someone, something bad will come back to you. But I wonder, if I do something good for others, will something good happen to me? I guess that's something I have yet to find out...

In the meantime, I'll just stick to school, work, and family. Well that's all I can say for now. Also, before I got the job, I got into this habit of looking at stuff to buy already, which I should not have done because I didn't have the job yet! Just have to take things day by day.... I hope your summer is going well Jean. Mine's good. I've been exercising and I actually read a book called The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro. You should check it out. It's about a butler who does a lot of reminiscing about his love interest whom he could never express his feelings to.

Thanks for reading Jean. I miss those moments from 2010, but I guess we have to move on. Those memories will be taken with me always. I'll write again in the fall.

-Sincerely

P.S.

Some nice songs:

-Just Hold On - Boyz II Men

-Houseki - Tate Takako ( From a Japanese movie called Nobody Knows..you should watch it..very nice and sad too)

Dear many,

S, fuck you man. Why did you have to pass 2 weeks prior? 24 is too young and you had your whole life ahead of you. Just when things were falling into place for you. I wish we could have saved you. I miss you.

L, I can't wait to see you in two weeks. It's been a year and a half since I've been gone, but it'll be like nothing changed since we're such good friends. And nothing has changed for the most part. You're still up in Brooklyn, you're still with your boyfriend (whom I still like very much), and we're both still best of friends... Oh btw, my heart still skips a beat when I see you and it sinks whenever I see you hold his hand.

D, I know you like me and we've been talking and fooling around for the past few months. I told you I liked you in the beginning.. I honestly did. You are still charming at times, pretty, nice body, dress well, and a whole lot of other things guys would kill for. But now that I've hung out with you more in the flesh.. I can honestly say that you are many things I dislike. Regardless, I would like to still mess around with you but, unfortunately, my dick is attached to my attach and my morals will not allow me to do such a thing. It's a good thing we both agreed to keep it casual.. let's casually not see each other in those regards now. And if you see me talking to any other girls tonight, please don't flip shit.

Sincerely,

mcb

Dear D,

I've heard good things about you, you're charming, pretty, have a nice body, and dress well. Rumor has it you and mr charly brown didn't work out. I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm recently single too. If it's not too forward of me, I'd like to fill in the casual fooling around position that charly once occupied. Unlike him, I don't really have morals or scruples.

Sincerely,

Clopek

Dear people who scratch rental DVDs,

What is wrong with you? Do you realise how easy it is, not to scratch a DVD? Very easy. You have no excuse. Unless you live in a knife throwing factory or something. That's not even an excuse either, because, that would just be unreasonable. For you to choose to watch your movies there.

Well, to sum up, don't scratch discs, especially not foreign/arthouse ones cause that's just ridiculous, but if you still have to, don't do it to the last fifteen minutes of The Vanishing, I still don't know 100% of what happened there, how rude of you.

Yours truly,

Lenny from The Homecoming.

oh and yes this was the original Dutch version.

Dear __,

I can't understand why you're irate about the request to postpone this event to a later, but unspecified date. What did you expect? When you ask someone to arrange something and then message them saying that it works for you, and then message them back telling them it won't work for you several times within 24 hours they're bound to be fed up with it all. After being asked several times to reschedule, I finally give you the chance to choose, but you let your indecisiveness get the best of you to a fault. At least a later date was requested instead of giving you an apathetic "fuck it."

Dear Stomach,

I don't understand what I've done to upset you. Sure, maybe I shouldn't have spent the last two days daydrinking, especially because I've been sick lately, but I'm really sorry, and if we could make amends again, that'd be really cool. I will feed you steak tomorrow if we can be friends again. I have shit to do this week and I'm tired of this.

- Liam

dear ghylian,

You are so sexy, funny, and nice. Why do you have to live in Mauritius? Come back to America with me and let's get married and have beautiful children. I had an awesome awesome time with you, thanks so much for taking me around Beijing. Wish you didn't have to leave so soon, hopefully we can go clubbing tomorrow since tonight didn't work out.

- alex