dear ... [an open letter]

haptronic

dear london,

i miss you, a lot. i miss your sushi, and your 24hr bagel place, i miss your crackheads, i miss the crazy art kids who dress like extras from an 80s music video.

but alcohol is cheaper here and no one is a self involved networking cunt. thus, i'm not coming back (for a while).

give my love to hackney.

-seraphim

• 2 weeks later...

dear mom and dad,

thanks for the awesome news today. was this your plan the entire time? you're moving back to hong kong with about 5 months warning? i knew something was up as soon as you started talking about "remodeling" until i realized it was really just about adding value to the house. i guess i'm really lucky that you two raised me to be independent.

even better was your plan for me dad, i was never supposed to go to college? i wasn't always a fan of school but i did get into some decent schools. when you refused to pay, i tried to get financial aid but i can't qualify because you make too much money. yes, i know exactly how much you make per year and yet you still refuse to even help with tuition. i've also noticed how you take care of that daughter of yours. the one who has no sense of family and only thinks of herself. it's really good that you choose to send her to college. smart decision on your part. i can't wait til she just sends you and mom into a retirement home and takes your life savings.

god, i want to write more but that's just a waste of time. do you really expect me to look you in the eye after all of this?

love,

bobby

dear cantonese people,

your dim sum is amazing, and so is your stir-fried fare. in fact, i'd dare to say that food produced from this region is my favorite in all of chinese cuisine. and since chinese cuisine is my favorite cuisine, you guys have produced my favorite cuisine! but fuck your hong kong style cafes. fuck that shit, i dont care how cheap you are or how late you're open until.

also, fuck a retirement home. good for you 邪惡蠟筆;though I doubt you can read that, seeing how you're from like Riverside or some shit.

but sometimes, I don't think you're the same as normal chinese people IN A BAD WAY. but what can I say? y'all the chinks that dare to move to mississippi and ohio and shit. i would never do that, even for money. hihi

love,

Chinese asian boy.

dear self,

you're graduating in 5 days. you ready? don't forget to say bye to mom because you're gonna be gone for a while. please do take initiative to go learn canto and french while you're gone, to make sure that future goals are reached. alright?

dear azns, especially viets, especially old ladies who play at my table:

I don't read minds. you throw down a handful of $5 chips and I don't automatically know where you want your goddamn perfect pairs. maybe if you made the effort to form a sentence of english I would be able to.

ps I don't mind when your pretty daughters play, just stop being such bitches.

Dear auntie

it was still good when you were staying with us while helping us with the house chores(so we neednt hire a maid). but things got bad after you started scolding my mom and hurling insults at us. this is OUR house. not yours. my mom is your younger sis and you are taking money from my mom whilst she is paying for your lodging, food and what not. dont you feel embarrassed? i am surprised how you can last for the last 18 - 19 years. now that you finally move on to your other sister's house, you upset them and had to further upset my folks. we have money to give you. stop bugging us. we are fine without you. you arent even importnat. you must realise that you have ABSOLUTELY no value to us. you are a liability to us.

maybe you can stop asking for money and stop living off your sisters. go get a job god damn you.

-Paean

• 3 weeks later...