Eternal Jeans

minya

• 2 weeks later...

ipkus and thaiison are gonna have proven why slow-fading denim is best over time. i would boiling hot soak if they stink, or red shit on the fly is that annoying. a wash wouldn't kill em or anything, its just a boiling soak will re-fit the jean, kill germs, brighten the areas you already have faded, yet keep the dark dark.

I'm hoping to get a 5 year (or more) lifespan on these jeans…at the rate I'm going these will be a slow and beautiful process.

i havent seen a lot of label owners personal jeans, but from what i hear that kaihara san has worn his jeans over 700 wears, and miki tsujita has worn his fullcounts over 5 years. i man i consider knowledgable told me that all denim worth a shit should be worn for at least 4-5 years.

i havent seen a lot of label owners personal jeans, but from what i hear that kaihara san has worn his jeans over 700 wears, and miki tsujita has worn his fullcounts over 5 years. i man i consider knowledgable told me that all denim worth a shit should be worn for at least 4-5 years.

Yes, I can completely agree with that. Since I've taken a break from my 3001's, I've been dying to get back in 'em…they still have so much life in them that I could wear them for another year straight if I had the patience to.

Instead of doing everything in one year spurts though, I'm letting myself off easy…perhaps with more time given, the overall shift and change of denim will reflect more deeply with the things that have changed in my life.

Also, I think it becomes boring after you've done the "one year" thing with a jean, and then it becomes more about living with the fabric than seeing what you can accomplish with nonstop wear…