Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

even if i cant make it to tidewater, i'll send u some soap regardless as soon as i make it. i'm just looking for feedback...i didn't take offense, what i meant was that no matter what kind of work it is, it's still gonna produce some kind of fading if you do it every day. but then again in this economy i guess ''work is work''. if it feeds the baby, im on it!

damn frost, i thought thats what u was doing! shit! well i posted some pics in the wash thread. the boss cant find a diamond blade to cut this concrete, so im sneaking onto sufu....

Here's a couple of pictures taken quickly, now that the sun's out and about.

Three months, one hot soak at two months after the initial hot wash. There's not too much happening except the whiskers, which are shaping up nicely.

10nx2k6.jpg

sx0fv5.jpg

The stiching around the crotch is coming apart, so I'm going to pick up a needle and thread and get cracking next week. I'll probably reinforce the crotch with some denim while I'm at it.

a dude told me to stop the ''aliasing'' in my pics. what the fuck is 'aliasing'? i can barely operate a disposable camera, so all this photog. jargan is lost on me. i know my pics in the wash thread are shitty!

dope klue...what is that other pair of jeans on the deck there?

check out homemade jeans thread

yeah, years ago i had a pair of selvage nudies on, and my aunt saw my cuff and told me that that's how her levis used to look when cuffed. the selvage instantly was a bell-ringer for her. grandpa looks cool as fuck.now i see why you puff cohibas... i bought the 1108 originally because 1966 was when my dad was like 21 or so, and the warehouse because it's a 1930's cut, and that was when my gramps was in his heyday drinking moonshine, smoking hand-rolled cigs, and chasing skirts!

wash #21 was yesterday. lye soap is great for getting dirt out. had to repair some of the yoke W/gordon's thread. im getting up with lendo this weekend for more pics, cause dudes was ragging on my last ones. i know my pics suck! ha!

i was originally going to bring my pair with me on vacation, but 4got to pack it in my luggage.... just got back now, time to start.... alot of catching up to do

from what i can (or rather can't) see, you could do it yourself.

today i had to repair the coin-pocket, and put 2 patches(samurai denim, i don't know the specifics, it's the silver/red line selvage provided by gordon, i wanted to use denim that's as tough as possible. i flipped the patches, so that when the hole eventually wears through, the weft side will show. when it fades to white, it'll be less noticable than a big blue dot on my ass. in the arse, cause the denim was(is) really thin. i used some indigo warp threads grafted from a leg of kaihara denim. the denim on the arse is damn-near white, so i used the indigo threads so when they fade the repair will be basically unseen. i call it my ''invisistitch'' method. i usually hold the jean up the sun and look @ the weft side to see if much light shines through. if a lot comes through, i know it's patch time. with denim once you see fraying, or thinning get to work, cause it's gonna wear down arithmetically quicker and quicker. worn denim is much weaker than raw denim. whenever i said ''fuck it, it'll last another week'', BAM!!! in the next day or two i have an issue.