Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

I turned 20 in Afghanistan, 21 in Nepal. Gawd, am I glad to be past the stage of living on the roadside. I still have one pair of jeans that have three layers of patches on patches from that road trip. But they started out as cheap Levis. Such a weird personal economy to spend major cash on fashion items, then live like hobos. It's oddly cool, but heavy on the odd. Must be trust fund babies.

I do like the photos, tho.

Thanks for the confirmation.......
WOW! they must!

how did you wash 'em?

Hand wash in the shower

DSC_0439.jpg

i dont get the thighs.

The handwash was inconsistent, there's still a lot of charcol a d dirt on the inner thigh

wow...those look like a pair of eternals took a few tabs and ran out into traffic! if they repair them as often as they say, they'll last. its only fabric. you can stitch back just about anything, or add a patch.

Salaami,

Sadly there is a limit. My APC's are just about finished, i think there was a total of 3 or 4 crotch rips/blowouts... But im all for running them to the ground..

Klue, wish i could spread some rep. Absolutely nuts.

Its going to end up with 2 months of wear, and throwing them into the corner until the year ends, and theyll still look more worn than most the jeans..

I really hope they last at least 6 months, but i really doubt it..

+invisible rep

By far the worst fades I've seen on these jeans. No offense, but hanging out in a forest or in your small town jumping from tree to tree doing things that involve getting awesome fades on these after three weeks, I can only picture you dudes grinding up on tree bark with a complete serious face on with how awesome your pants will look in the end. It seems wicked lame.

While I'm not curious how your jeans are turning out now because they look very fake, Im quite interested in what will be left of them, this time next year.

Doesnt anyone else have their own contest jeans worth posting about? THeres a separate thread set up for bashing the state college blasphemers.

I put the tab on today. All I had was some pinkish thread, but I think it turned out well. Also, you can see a tiny, tiny bit of blue in the middle of the pocket from the eventual wallet fade.

m7qp07.jpg

its been four months now, and i must say i've been thoroughly enjoying the fuck out of these jeans. they'll get their second wash(dr. bronners hand wash every 2 mos.) tomorrow. i'm not looking forward to it only because the 1000xx WH denim is great, but not nearly as comfy as the FC denim. i mean sometimes i forget i have on jeans, like i have on some some old RL khakis. good thing these hang dry quickly. i might wait until it gets warm this week or next...

No pics of Canterbury but I report back with the most painful experience wearing the FullCounts to date. :(

It was a mixed weather today, really odd. When I first got there it was drizzling, which was fine to walk to the city. Then the sun came up after lunch. All good sunshine and happy.

Walking up to see the Canterbury Uni campus, it hailed midway. We were walking uphill and my jeans was soaked in the hailstorm. Consequently, the fabric became very abrasive and started causing abrasions on my thigh.

It hurt really bad, my whole thigh is now red like it was whipped by a dominatrix. Moisturiser and a few days off the FC 0105C should do me some good. But ouch.

Just threw mine in the wash for the third or fourth time. I'll try to post pics in the morning.

I rolled myself down my street for five blocks. Cars were honking, and I incited more than a few road rage incidents. I'm really sore and bruised up, but I looked avant-garde doing it and I should get some sick fadez. Fuck it, money grows on trees.

Not really.

Just threw mine in the wash for the third or fourth time. I'll try to post pics in the morning.

I rolled myself down my street for five blocks. Cars were honking, and I incited more than a few road rage incidents. I'm really sore and bruised up, but I looked avant-garde doing it and I should get some sick fadez. Fuck it, money grows on trees.

Not really.

Most painful experience,mofonyx?Ever had lumbago?Well,thats happend to me yesterday after carrying a much to heavy box.should have known better,stupid me!Now my lower spine hurts like shit,I can hardly move and walk around like a 80yearold.looks like my jeans are not getting much wear next days...:(

week four has begun, one machine wash on saturday, it didn't clean as deep as the handwash...

DSC_3109.jpg

DSC_3095.jpg

DSC_3096.jpg

DSC_3107.jpg

DSC_3098.jpg

i put the arcs on

DSC_3105.jpg

lots of handstiching

DSC_3102.jpg

DSC_3101.jpg

DSC_3100.jpg

close up of the streaky 12 oz. conemills redline selvage