Full Count 2009 Contest Redux

Denim Phenom

well the good news is my jeans have arrived and i'll pick them up tomorrow, the bad news is i wont be picking them up from the local post office, i'll be picking them up at the local customs office.

Do any of my fellow finnish contestants know if i have to pay customs on the jeans including shipping? the import tax is 12% and vat is 22% right?

it would be very kind if some of the lucky 0105 owners can confirm that the waist measures 3" larger when raw,esp. size 31

I have size 31 0105, shorter inseam version.

Waist: 34"

Front rise: 12"

Rear Rise: 16 3/8"

Thigh: 13.5"

Knee: 9.75"

Leg opening: 8 5/8"

Inseam: 34.75"

well the good news is my jeans have arrived and i'll pick them up tomorrow, the bad news is i wont be picking them up from the local post office, i'll be picking them up at the local customs office.

Do any of my fellow finnish contestants know if i have to pay customs on the jeans including shipping? the import tax is 12% and vat is 22% right?

Bosch - you won't have to pay for shipping...customs needs a bill / cc statement, paypal , whatever - and you're going to be taxed based on that....Germany takes 13% import taxe - and on top of that 19% import tax...

You most certainly have to pay shipping also (in Finland). :(

It's like this: (Item price * 1.12 + shipping) * 1.22 = Your contribution to the feodal lords.

I've estimated it's about 75 euros if they use the exchange rate from last november (which they should use).

You most certainly have to pay shipping also (in Finland). :(

It's like this: (Item price * 1.12 + shipping) * 1.22 = Your contribution to the feodal lords.

I've estimated it's about 75 euros if they use the exchange rate from last november (which they should use).

yeah i was afraid of that.

that means 86 $ in taxes and vat and i hope it isn't calculated by the exchange rate from november if it would be 75 euros as it would be 67 euros today. I guess i'll find out tomorrow.

Bosch, sucks that you didn't request for them to be undervalued.

i can only speak about german customs, but they usually don´t care about the value written on the package and want to see a bill or invoice. if you don´t bring it along they look for prices on websites... so undervaluing doesn´t work in the end.

I'm thinking about black myself, mostly because it's going to be difficult to find thread that matches whatever yellow they are using. You planning on documenting this process?

I'm planning on getting some thread tonight and getting started, I'll keep you posted how it goes.

You are going to be golden tvshooter!!

i'm not wastin any time with these either! got em on at work today. i took some post measurements earlier. can't remember exactly but the waist is 32 and the inseam is 31.5 or so. fit is awesome! i've been wearing 3001's for a few months and these are a nice change from them. Kinda like a cross between those and my old Nudie RR's. This denim is soooo dark. I'll post pic's when I get home.

I'm going to the put the list of contestants on the front page.

What do you guys think of a blog where we can update as we go along? This thread might be enough though.

a blog would be sick and much more organized, picked mine up from the post office, man GORDAN is the best marked it at 60 bucks LOL ..BiG FTW but these thing transfer fast, just one rub on the jean and my hands were literally all blue. :cool:

this thread should be enough once things get going. im almost in 3 months to the day on the FCs, so im thinking about resting em' for three months until you cats get the same time of wear. i want to wear the WH700 until then, and go back to the FC. i want to see how the lighter-weight FC denim fades in comparison to the contest denim. then i can compare/contrast all 3 denims @ the three-month mark. soaking the WH right now in a hot bath. ima turn em' inside out and hot soak/hot dry them twice to get all the shrinks out. i'll post pics of the FC as soon as lil sis' camera gets off the fritz

dang tv shooter nice guitars as well ! gimme a run down of what you got im lookin' to spruce up the guitar collection

ah. . .these- 2002 58 jr and 2001 58 reissue.

andyaaron1-1.jpg

the strat is a Squier 60's classic. i'm more of a Gibby player but this thing is sweet and plays like butter. unbelievable price too! plays and sounds better than most "real" strats i've owned and played. how bout startin up a guitar and denim thread? nah, forget it. . .too cheesy.

ah. . .these- 2002 58 jr and 2001 58 reissue.

andyaaron1-1.jpg

the strat is a Squier 60's classic. i'm more of a Gibby player but this thing is sweet and plays like butter. unbelievable price too! plays and sounds better than most "real" strats i've owned and played. how bout startin up a guitar and denim thread? nah, forget it. . .too cheesy.

good stuff man. i just sold my sg goth and bought a swamp ash tele...love that guitar