45rpm

absolut

Attempting to fade any of the expensive natural indigo jeans is a waste of time, from my experience. You just gotta keep them in the rotation and love them for what they are.

which remings me....haven't heard from you lately regarding your AI-001's...how is it coming along? pics in the PBJ thread!

wait, there is a leather patch on those. It just has denim over it, right?

Now that would be an awesome process....seeing the leather patch after 2 years of wear, the denim fading and fraying ...the leather poking through....like giving birth...

:D

these seem like to be their new kazehikos.

kazehikos are supposed to be the "younger brother" of sorahikos. i had an older kazehiko around the same price point. it was an excellent denim and with the usual 45rpm well-made construction/design. the only thing was that it wasn't selvage, for those times you wanted to cuff your jeans.

it's cool that they kept the price range but made them selvage. but this time, they're saying they designed the jeans more like vintage worker pants, but in a slim cut. instead of the usual leather patch, they also decided to use a denim patch with the sideways R inside, which will help the denim patch fade intentionally, making the R more prominent over time.

would be cool to see that. :cool:

which remings me....haven't heard from you lately regarding your AI-001's...how is it coming along? pics in the PBJ thread!

They haven't gotten much love from me for a while. I picked up some suminandos and was rotating between the two, then it started getting hot so I put the AI's off. Now I'm seeing some wear on the suminandos (i'll show pics when they are ready :P) so I want to push ahead with those, and also just got 5EPxSF and will get the sufu doubleworks jeans soon. I'll probably get back to them in 2 years :P

been working on my sorahikos & though, I've had some fading & creases happening in the front it's hard to put honeycombs despite the repeated spraying of liquid starch.

agreed. been wearing mine for a couple weeks and noticed the same

They've changed color, they are much lighter than new, they kindda have minor vertical fade on them, they look more streaky than new now (I'm not sure if I like that though)... I have fade at high stress areas, like where my keys rub against the right side of the jeans, I have a small hole there... the stitching at the pockets are coming off slightly from wear, but there are almost no noticeable whiskers or 'combs unless you look at it under bright daylight.

one of these days I'll take some pics for this and the evolution thread.

I want pics please, you've had those for a while....