45rpm

absolut

Ayn, how are your jomons looking?

They've changed color, they are much lighter than new, they kindda have minor vertical fade on them, they look more streaky than new now (I'm not sure if I like that though)... I have fade at high stress areas, like where my keys rub against the right side of the jeans, I have a small hole there... the stitching at the pockets are coming off slightly from wear, but there are almost no noticeable whiskers or 'combs unless you look at it under bright daylight.

one of these days I'll take some pics for this and the evolution thread.

IMG_1267.jpg

the aizome dyed denim shirt from last year. originally had silver buttons but switched them out for water buffalo horn. from what i understand the new one will be at a lower pricepoint than last years. maybe mid-500's. also an aizome dyed linen shirt that will be in the $2500 to $3000 range. should be interesting.

On a sidenote, they're suppsoedly getting some natural indigo dyed western denim shirts in this winter or something, one in each size that'll be retailing for 1k. I saw one of them and it looked really nice, not 1k nice though. Actually, I can't feasibly see the cost being 1k+, I think they got really ambitious with their pricing, but a kickass piece nonetheless.

here are fit pics. I soaked them for about 4 hours hot last night and threw them in the dryer for about 20 minutes before taking them out and dripping the rest dry.....size 29 jomon's on a 30 waist

1602283278_6706171e80.jpg1601394747_102d0c79a6.jpg

you can see what i'm talking about with the pockets though, that's really the only thing i would change about these jeans. I'll probably take them to 45rpm to hem them...need about another 1/2 inch or 1" off as well, these are like the samurai black in the sense the leg is straight so they don't stack well, the pancake out abit, so......

there have been some amazing deals in supermarket recently....everyone is getting rid of amazing denim for really cheap

Why 45rpm advises against sizing one down is beyond me, those look exactly like a pair of good fitting jeans should look imho.

And how you manage to wear so many pairs of jeans is another thing that is beyond me.

What do you do in them???

when i was at 45rpm in NYC a few months ago trying on some nandoxnando's, they actually did advise me to size down 1. They did advise against sizing down 2 saying these aren't meant to be "skinny" jeans, slim but not skinny.

yeah, could we witness the first hard-worn jomons?

will try my best mr. chicken, but you know i have so many other pairs in rotation. I get really impatient trying to fade, I kind of want a really quick fade so I wear my PRPS and nom de guerre's a lot now.

In the Paris store when I was trying on some Sorahiko's I believe, they really advised against going even 1 down. "Nonono, these are supposed to be worn loose"

I didn't want skinny, just fitting.

Also they were a bit clueless about the raws they had and couldn't really tell me much about the shrinkage that would still occur and didn't have a washed pair to check.

Not that I needed any new jeans btw...

yea paris SAs seem a little misinformed... I picked up some nando nandos and they said they were suminandos... they were so nice tho, i couldnt help but buy something

edit: just got my nandos back from ny store... they did a great repair job on something i thought wasnt repairable.... great service... and great jeans as always, forgot how beautiful this blue is

will try my best mr. chicken, but you know i have so many other pairs in rotation. I get really impatient trying to fade, I kind of want a really quick fade so I wear my PRPS and nom de guerre's a lot now.

yeah, i don't blame you since these are probably going to be stubborn monsters.

ya i think i wear my pretty "hard" and there is no noticeable fading... but then i'm sure poly wears his jeans even harder, better, faster, stronger...

yea, basically my strategy is I'm wearing these 1/2 the time, and splitting my rotation with these and whatever pair I'm currently breaking in (in this case, my 5eps). My 5eps are already pretty broken in, so when I retire them to weekend only status, I'll get another pair of jeans and go on. I'll wash whenever I want to, but I probably won't see any wear until like 2-3 other pairs of raws in. It's actually great because the straightness of the entire leg makes for some interesting outfits, proportionwise, and they'll pretty much always be dark, so you should definitely appreciate them just for that.

and now, on topic, this pair looks very intriguing :

http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/goods/goods.aspx?goods=5076920

This is what I could understand from the description:

-There is denim over the patch, and rope woven into the leather patch in the shape of an R. this causes the R to fade into the denim over time.

-It's a new cut? slim cut? something like that. They recommend sizing up 2. The measurements indicate a size 34 has a 31.5'' waist, a size 36 has a 33.5'' waist, and so on. Definitely intriguing.

-A new type of denim? Very dark that fades to browncast indigo. Or something along those lines.

-Non contrast stitching.

-Selevge is evident in that pic.

I'd order but my size is sold out, so that sucks. 20k yen is pretty cheap.

saw these too didnt notice the sizing and the price point wasnt too bad. not sure what kind of denim that is but it would be something interesting to try out...

any idea what kind of dye job is being used?

even the zipper doesnt bother me much

D5076920D3.JPG

yea, basically my strategy is I'm wearing these 1/2 the time, and splitting my rotation with these and whatever pair I'm currently breaking in (in this case, my 5eps). My 5eps are already pretty broken in, so when I retire them to weekend only status, I'll get another pair of jeans and go on. I'll wash whenever I want to, but I probably won't see any wear until like 2-3 other pairs of raws in. It's actually great because the straightness of the entire leg makes for some interesting outfits, proportionwise, and they'll pretty much always be dark, so you should definitely appreciate them just for that.

and now, on topic, this pair looks very intriguing :

http://www.45rpm.jp/shop/goods/goods.aspx?goods=5076920

This is what I could understand from the description:

-There is denim over the patch, and rope woven into the leather patch in the shape of an R. this causes the R to fade into the denim over time.

-It's a new cut? slim cut? something like that. They recommend sizing up 2. The measurements indicate a size 34 has a 31.5'' waist, a size 36 has a 33.5'' waist, and so on. Definitely intriguing.

-A new type of denim? Very dark that fades to browncast indigo. Or something along those lines.

-Non contrast stitching.

-Selevge is evident in that pic.

I'd order but my size is sold out, so that sucks. 20k yen is pretty cheap.