45rpm

absolut

Was in the Paris store again 2 days ago.

It smells GOOD!!!

They sell that incense in the store - at least in NYC. Don't remember what it was called, but I commented on the pleasant aroma once while and was told by one of the SAs that I could buy it there - she told me that they burn the same shit in all their stores. I would have, but I'm not too keen on burning that stuff at home.

• 2 weeks later...
whoa fumma sold his jomons? what up with that, fumma?

and now the real competitionz is on... me and poly... haha...

I still appreciate the product (and love the look and smell of the stores), I just didn't wear them much and consequently decided to keep only two blue pairs that fit my style the best: dior19cm and apc ns.

heh, when I bought my jomons the guy was giving me the whole sales pitch, he pulled out a 6 year old pair of aihikos( same dye, so fading should be similar) with lots of pocket blow outs, holes on the knees, rivets fucked up, etc., and the things were practically new looking.

i got jomons but when I post my evolution pics and whatnot It'll be after college is over, rather than like a year in, lol. thats how long I think this'll take :\

On a sidenote, they're suppsoedly getting some natural indigo dyed western denim shirts in this winter or something, one in each size that'll be retailing for 1k. I saw one of them and it looked really nice, not 1k nice though. Actually, I can't feasibly see the cost being 1k+, I think they got really ambitious with their pricing, but a kickass piece nonetheless.

By the way, the umiis fit is incredible. the pockets really irk me though, they're practically on the sides of the jeans, but the fit of the legs is insane.

i don't think any of the cuts would really be at all similar to apc/dior. They're not traditional cuts per se, but they're similar enough to warrant them not being exactly modern cuts like the already mentioned brands. I found the sorahiko slims to not be that slim at all, and no way skinny. They're pretty straight timeless cuts

Thing is, in a little while, the slouched skinny thing will go full circle and in a season or 2 designers will be doing something new with jeans. 45rpm have what will feel pretty damn BAGGY on someone used to diors, but regular, slightly slim, straight cuts that will probably never go out of fashion. Combined with awesome denim, construction and customer service, this is what makes 45rpm stand out for me.

They also do some pretty hardcore shit, like indigo warp+weft jeans, true black overdye jeans that fade to blue, and of course their slim straight jomon that has the greatest top block i've ever tried on IMO combined with true artisanal quality manufacturing(aizome hank dying and unbleached weft). all of their jeans take some adjusting to after slim jeans, but after 2-3 wears in a sized down 1-2 pair of 45rpms, you get used to it and start to appreciate the silhouette.

Anyway, my jomons aren't going anywhere. My rivets are staring to have the sheen of wear on them but the color will likely not budge. I think I'm going to marathon these shits and do like 18 months before a hotwash, just to squeeze out any contrast that i can. The trick is to think of them as an investment, limetime pair of jeans; with the free repairs you'll probably have them forever barring weight fluctuations.

Ayn, how are your jomons looking?