Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

i will shoot you. im all for washing regularly, but for me regularly would be once a month TOPS. only cuz the skulls seem like they have the enough color to handle it.

contributing the little i can to the stitching issue,

ive had mine for about a month now, and ive already had stitching come undone on the ass.

BUT!

i literally sit for 10 hrs a day on uncomfortable chairs and im fidgety as hell.

the cotton threads arent gonna hold up to abuse.

but if they start coming apart, just do what alot of us have done; superglue to prevent unraveling. it works mad well.

Full threadstalk mode.

Not my fault we like to talk about the same shit.

I've had NO problems with my pair, I don't think they are the 5010's though. Are those the tightest joints, cause mine are more of a "relaxed slim-fit" if you will.

Regardless, they're great. Took a month or so to fully stretch out. And I haven't washed them since I got em (a year ago) BUT, I rotate a lot, and those don't get worn more than 4 times a month average, if that.

Haha. If I had a vagina, I'd be a affraid.

That's good to know though...the one's I'm thinking of are the slim joints...but a lot of people have sized up on them and still achieve a really good fit. Uhm if I can, I will rep you for this post or the posts in the QB thread...too much given out in a 24 hour period...like a whore with a vagina (bitches throwin they pussy as Pee would say).

I'm at about 2.5 months and haven't washed yet...I just noticed that the stitching has broken in the top left corner of the right back pocket (just above the cross stitching). There is a gap of about 1 cm where the pocket is separating from the seat...I hope this trend doesn't continue because my pair is starting to get some nice looking fades I think.

I'm planning on washing at 4 months but with the broken threads in the back pocket already I'm a bit nervous to let them go for another 1.5 months without water...

its the same as the warehouse contest jeans with everyones crotch blowing out. its because the jeans are vintage-stitched. i have no idea why skull would use vintage stitching with modern cut jeans, however, there is word that they are changing it (some pages back) about using better stitching. I'd recommend you wait for the new skulls.

MUTHAFUCKER.

^^^ I think the problem might seem to be worse than it is. And apparently the 6x6 model holds up a little better than the others. But it does seem odd that they haven't made a change in thread yet, given all the very public protests...

But in any case I heard that it is pretty vague as to when exactly they will make a switch, but it is not expected to happen for a while. So I just ordered extra denim and thread for repairs, and plan to fix any problems at the earliest sign...

just to post my 5010 6x6 stitching experience:

mine started a little too tight to begin with, but have stretched to accomodate and now fit quite well. the fact that alot of ppl do this might be what contributes to the stitching blowouts. but in my case, ive only really had a problem with the back pocket that i put my wallet in. a few stiches have ripped around the corners of my wallet (which is one of those super-slim gimmicky ones) but crotchwise, i don't see any blowout danger.

Seriously good looks on all of the responses...I don't know if I'ma wait or just play along in the experiment and see for myself. Definitely interested in the 6x6's. They won't be ball snugglers neither...I'm not into the whole "is that lump really what I think it is" look.

i will shoot you. im all for washing regularly, but for me regularly would be once a month TOPS. only cuz the skulls seem like they have the enough color to handle it.

contributing the little i can to the stitching issue,

ive had mine for about a month now, and ive already had stitching come undone on the ass.

BUT!

i literally sit for 10 hrs a day on uncomfortable chairs and im fidgety as hell.

the cotton threads arent gonna hold up to abuse.

but if they start coming apart, just do what alot of us have done; superglue to prevent unraveling. it works mad well.

Superglue the stitching? Wow. I think I missed that one.

As for not understanding the concept of accumulated dirt and grime breaking down cloth...just search the defunct OG APC Jeans thread and/or see the hundreds of pairs of Nudies that have stuck by the rules of not washing for 6-12 months. One look at this kid's 1-year/1-wash APC NS' that seemed as if they were buried in a moth's nest (do moth's even have nests?) and you may get it (no Weezy). Those shits literally had no ass left...back pockets were ate through. How someone could walk around in some battered and practically soiled jeans (unless you're a real squatter or going through some haaaard times) is beyond me...shits must have wreaked.

I haven't really had any major thread issues with my skulls, a bit of the thread was unraveling from my front right pocket, but it's really nothing serious - although I've only had them about 3 months. I guess it really depends on how hard you're wearing them and how often you're washing them. I think the skulls with the poly thread will be the same price too? I guess it might be worth the wait

yea i havent had issues too like broken thread and crotch blow etc. ive had my skulls for almost a year been wearing it during the winter and wash it regularly during teh summer like twice a month. mine hardly fade as i dont really wear it during hard activities just sittinga round, go out, etc

Looking good bchhun! Is that the one-wash or raw model? How many washes/soaks?

My skulls (o/w) were washed accidentally the other day (@1month), They were just beginning to break in and there was wallet fading, whiskering + minor honeycombs. Will they continue te fade as nice as they did before machine wash?

Yeah, probably even better.

I'm planning on picking up a pair of 5010xx 6x6 in raw. Based on what I've read, it seems the shrinking is really minimal. Should I bother soaking them before wearing?

It looks a lot of people who got the raw just wore them since Day 1 so I'm not sure if I should soak them.

I looked at the sizing chart by Fab Four. I measure around 27-28 inches 4cm below the navel. Will I be ok getting size 27 after stretching and everything?

My skulls (o/w) were washed accidentally the other day (@1month), They were just beginning to break in and there was wallet fading, whiskering + minor honeycombs. Will they continue te fade as nice as they did before machine wash?

nah they wont... what size are they? if its 33, send it over

I'm planning on picking up a pair of 5010xx 6x6 in raw. Based on what I've read, it seems the shrinking is really minimal. Should I bother soaking them before wearing?

It looks a lot of people who got the raw just wore them since Day 1 so I'm not sure if I should soak them.

I looked at the sizing chart by Fab Four. I measure around 27-28 inches 4cm below the navel. Will I be ok getting size 27 after stretching and everything?

it's true they shrink a negligible amount, but the inseam actually shrinks over an inch. if you're particular about combs or something you may want to start off with a hot soak. hell it might make the crunchy first week easier to deal with too. but don't get the wrong idea, these are sanforized and are by no means shrink to fit.

hey potsnu-

i picked up a pair of 27s on the supermarket, raw not rinsed. haven't soaked them yet, but i can give you some sizing advice. my waist is between 27 and 28 too (closer to 28 probably) and these were just TIGHT. so i'd say that if you were between sizes, go with the bigger one (the 28). if theyre too big when the come, the slight shrinkage that comes with a soak will fix that.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll rock them raw then, I like the stiffness :D I find my stacking changes over time anyways, so I won't be too worried. Usually my raw fits just below the navel the first 1-2 months then when it softens up I sag them a bit. So that changes the stacking anyways.

First pair of Japanese denim, I can't wait. Only thing that worried me is the stitching coming loose, but that seems hit and miss. I don't exactly do a lot of physical activities so I think I'm good.

Only thing that worried me is the stitching coming loose, but that seems hit and miss. I don't exactly do a lot of physical activities so I think I'm good.

like i said man the thread failure issue has grown way out of proportion, it's really not as common a problem as you'd think... just keep them away from grip tape :-) the worst thread break i've got on my 6.5 month 5010xx is on the coin pocket, which i slide a zippo in and out of multiple times on a daily basis. that and of course the obligatory hems and hidden rivet damage. and saying you "like the stiffness" but this is your first pair of jap denim... you're in for a rude awakening with these, good luck have fun

I am planing to get me a pair of skull 5507 from selfedge. i am an w34 in dior 19cm MII and i dont know if the 34 in skull go on me or will be too tight n the waist... thkx

34 will be much too tight; how tight (in the waist) were your diors when new? if they went thru a good deal of stretching i'd get at LEAST a 35, if not a 36.

im considering some new denim, currently wearing dior 19cm in a 32" waist (as some may know)

I was looking for something a little looser up top compared to the dior with a similar lower leg, i dont mind getting a pair taken in, was wondering if any of the skull jeans fit like this?

if so how to the waist sizes run compared to dior and are there any pictures of people wearing their skulls?

thanks in advance