Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

what is the slimmest fit for skulls?

just out of noobish curiousity...

:confused:

The 5010:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70&products_id=204

you take your shoes off and let them be

they're just jeans

It always baffles me when people say "They're just jeans". People here spend an average of $150-250 on "just jeans" and then seem not to give a shit it their hems are dragging and rip like crazy or if their crotch rips because they wear them too tight. Never really made sense to me.

i'm pretty disappointed in the stitching on my skull babies. around the waist of my jeans the threads are coming out all over the goddamn place.

also, i've never soaked or washed my jeans and today presented me with a question to myself and or this board. we had a pretty hefty downpour 'roun these parts and i was curious to know, if i stood in the rain for long enough would the rain water cause any amount of shrinking?

GOOD NEWS

Shinichi told me that sometime next year they are gonna release a new model (or new models) with stronger stitching, using mixed spun yarn. he says the current model (or models) with cotton stitching will be renamed the "skulls classic".

I hope they keep the exact same cut on the 5010s, and same denims!!!! I will buy a pair for sure!! and I hope they come out quick!!!!

GOOD NEWS

Shinichi told me that sometime next year they are gonna release a new model (or new models) with stronger stitching, using mixed spun yarn. he says the current model (or models) with cotton stitching will be renamed the "skulls classic".

I hope they keep the exact same cut on the 5010s, and same denims!!!! I will buy a pair for sure!! and I hope they come out quick!!!!

Wow man, killer news. Will for sure pick up a pair of these in black if they're same cut as 5010xx.

good to hear they're "upgrading" their stitching, but it's honestly not as big a deal as some people have made it out to be. as long as you are reasonable with the jeans to a point and wash when necessary, you hopefully won't have any serious stitching issues (at least nothing that can't be repaired by hand.)

surely this question has been asked before but i dont find no answers

which skull cut is +- similiar to the apc ns ?

thx

yeah the 5010xx is closest, but not that similar. new standards have a higher rise and the stretching of the denim is much more lenient than the slimmer 5010xx. you won't want to buy the same size in 5010xx that you would in new standards; you'll want at LEAST one size larger, if not two.

It always baffles me when people say "They're just jeans". People here spend an average of $150-250 on "just jeans" and then seem not to give a shit it their hems are dragging and rip like crazy or if their crotch rips because they wear them too tight. Never really made sense to me.

Well, my mindset is that we get them because they're what we imagine jeans should be. I don't, regardless of price, consider jeans to be something that should need babying or obsessive care. If spending more on them made it so that I had to treat them like anything but jeans, I'd be doing myself a disservice. I take more pleasure in their development, certainly, but I try my best to never stop treating them like jeans.

Theetruscan!

I couldn't have said it better myself.

x2!

the people who get 'these' jeans and then baby them like they are some magnificent virgin of all jeandom are the ones who ask why they have been wearing there jeans for 12 months and show no sign of wear. the jeans are supposed to reflect your lifestyle and how you live, so if you baby them... then that (hopefully) doesnt reflect you.

Well, my mindset is that we get them because they're what we imagine jeans should be. I don't, regardless of price, consider jeans to be something that should need babying or obsessive care. If spending more on them made it so that I had to treat them like anything but jeans, I'd be doing myself a disservice. I take more pleasure in their development, certainly, but I try my best to never stop treating them like jeans.

yeahp...

and if the person doesn't take pleasure in how they develop and fade why did they drop two bills on japanese repro jeans in the first place?

buying into the hype maybe...

Hey guys, I just got my Skulls from Gordon at BiG. They are a 5010xx 6x6 Raw Indigo Size 30. I am 5'8" 135-140 lbs I know this was a slimmer cut, but I would like to get your input on what you think. I think they look alright, and stacking is incredible. They are a little tight on the thighs, but they will stretch out right? The pictures aren't that great as I did them real quick before I needed to run out. Maybe I will try and take some better ones later.

01.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

Let me know what you think!

They don't look too tight, just kinda weird because you look 2ft tall.

I don't think you should worry about the fit - looks good. I am not a stacking fan, but I don't think they are too tight at all.

-Jake

i know i need to hem. i will head over to BiG when i get back up to school after the holidays. the pictures are making me look two feet tall due to the editing in photoshop so it wouldn't take hours for this page to load. thanks for the input people!

^u are mad lying. the fit does not look good. too much stacking, you gotta hem.

I am not a fan of stacking, but I was referring to the thigh fit - that part looks just fine to me.