Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

i need some advice, if anyone can help. here goes:

i'm looking for some black denim that fits similar to the 5507's i allready have. i got them raw in 34, so the waist was around 35.5 (my waist is around 36). they were a snug fit when i got em but have stretched a bit so they're a slim, but not tight, fit.

i'm thinking of the 5010xx black's in 36, or some sammy's or pbj's in black. problem is, once i get into my waist size the leg opening goes to 9 or 9.5 inches, which is like a 501 opening and slightly bigger than i'd like. any thoughts? should i dive in for the black 5010's?

I've got some 5507s on the way....can't wait. I think they will fit similar to the KMW 1980s...does anyone have both?

Well, my true size is 32, and I normally get 31 in raw denim. I bought 5507s in 32s and KMW1980s in a 31, so it'd be difficult to compare.

But honestly, I think if I would have sized down on the Skulls it wouldn't have mattered. KMW1980s are simply a slimmer cut, while Skulls are more of a slim but straight cut.

I personally like the Skull cut better, but I do like the KMWs for when I need to have a slimmer silhouette.

Haven't seen any girls wearing the 5010XX yet, so here's a shot of my girlfriend from last weekend:

francescaskulls.jpg

She was into the idea of raw denim before getting them, but the stiffness of the fabric put her off a bit when she got them. After a bit of gentle persuasion however, and a few days of activity in them, they are a success :D

Edit:

Might as well show my 5507XX after about 6 weeks while I'm at it:

camelskulls.jpg

It's odd that I have more creasing and noticable (if you look closely at least) fading on my right leg.. not sure why that is, but never mind..

Yeah, that was my intitial suggestion as well after seeing the fit pictures from other members here. She found these much more comfortable and flattering though after trying them both on - her hips are large compared to the rest of her body, and the Linda's were just too restrictive.

Also, she said that the staff at the Skulls shop in Tokyo were pretty helpful, by the way, if anyone is thinking of going there..

shouldve gotten the linda imo..

Yeah, that was my intitial suggestion as well after seeing the fit pictures from other members here. She found these much more comfortable and flattering though after trying them both on - her hips are large compared to the rest of her body, and the Linda's were just too restrictive.

Also, she said that the staff at the Skulls shop in Tokyo were pretty helpful, by the way, if anyone is thinking of going there..

uhhh, but the lindas are half-selvage because they're cut to allow for more lady/hip curves rather than just left straight. a friend of mine got the 5010s because she has a bigger ass compared to her hips so she looked much better in them. i think yer gf should've gotten the lindas if yer saying she has a lady's curvey figure.

fit update on my lindas, they've stretched quite a bit... kind of wish i sized down two, good jeans--nothing is coming apart yet.

WTF happened to her forearm??

She was obviously cut by the Skull dagger.

Heads up to all of you who bought the White Skull S5010XX.

They were finally released from US Customs today and should be at BiG by tomorrow. So my guess is that they'll be shipped from BiG tomorrow or Monday.

Woo hoo!!

Oh yeah, this probably applies to the Blacks as well.

Skulls worn with a pair of captoes my dad found working on the NY subway today. That... just happened to be in my size. My dad works for the mob... only explanation for what he turns up with every other week. Size 29, true waist, my god they're tight and stiff and hard to button. I only buttoned the top button for these pictures. They should stretch to be perfect though. I wanted something ridiculously skinny for once --- and ya, they're ridiculously skinny.

skullfront.jpg

skullass.jpg

skullprofile.jpg

Yes sir. They're the MyNudies contest jeans, so I have to put them back in the closet 'til Sept 1. I kinda wanna sleep in them for a bit just so they stretch and are ready to go then. Kinda feel guilty, might constitute as cheating. They come so stiff that creases from and stay easily. Honeycomb bonanza on them already.